RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I am new to the group.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's an interesting thing. When I went in for surgery, all the doctors wanted to know why I was there. I had about 60 lbs to lose and they thought I looked "fine", that I could probably lose the weight through a diet and exercise program. I explained that I was 58 and that probably WASN"T going to happen and that's exactly why I was there. I was miserable in my body and soul and the WLS got me started relieving that situation.......My highest loss was 66 lbs in about 66 weeks. There were some plateuas along the way -- like the first three months with only a 10 lb loss right out of the hospital, but eventually it came off. I'm now at 52 lbs down, having gained some weight back, but I'm working on that......

And speaking of working at it, you will probably have to exercise and watch closely what you eat or you can defeat the tool you have paid so dearly for.

It is interesting to me and I wonder about it a little bit. I am NOT in as strong a shape as I was in the 170 - 185 range I lived in most of my adult life. (but also I was at 206 when I went to Dr. A) I've lost something else besides weight along the way. Maybe it's just the age thing. But the truth of the matter is, I really don't care. I work out with a personal trainer three times a week and inbetween do "something" (walk, run the stairs) on my own. But I don't think I could get tackled by the bad guys and win the way I used to (was a cop).so it's a good thing I'm retired. Maybe I'm just lacking the adrenaline rush now. Whatever. I'm glad to be looking better.

I was at 206 and on my way up when I got the band in August 2007. ( You'll hear nothing good about the band from these people here but it was highly touted when I came here. Now the sleeve is the End-All-Be All ...Maybe I WILL have the money when the next fab procedure is discovered!! But for now, I have no money for the sleeve and the band is working with me.)

Hope is a wonderful thing, isn't it. And you have a solid basis for it. Yes, you ARE on the track to a more beautiful and, I trust, healthy existence. Enjoy the process, the people you meet along the way, the different scenery. Enjoy your own physical changes....and the new clothes and activities you can ( and will choose to ) participate in. I have loved it all.

One thing I didn't do was talk about the surgery to people who didn't have a need to know. I didn't want their "concern" and all their blah blah blah about it. I eventually told my doctor -- one year after surgery. My personal trainer knows. But generally, I just don't talk about it. If someone asks how I lost my weight (and this does not happen much anymore) I just say "Well, among other things, strenuous diet and exercise.) And then I talk about the exercise. People change the subject quickly..

Best to you. You will do great. When you have questions, concerns, or feel like you need a kick in the pants, come to the board. Or talk to the staff....Nina, Gaby....You'll get what you need to keep going.

Keep us posted. LJ

From: Rob <robbinroling@...>Subject: I am new to the group. Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 6:52 PM

I am new to the group. I am so looking forward to my Sleeve. This is the first time I have felt hope for myself. I have BMI of 43. I have my operation scheduled for January 30. I live close to Athens, Georgia so if anybody is going the same time let me know. I won't be alone. I will have two of my nieces going with me.I have been reading all the messages that are sent. They have helped alot. Any advice would be great. I have wonderful support from all my family except my husband. I think he'll come around by the time I get back from Mexico.I am so excited. >> Hello everyone,> I am new here and I have been reading some of your posts and I'm so glad I found this group. I am planning to have the sleeve

done in February God willing. I have my husbands support but that's about it. I have people that say are concerned I will have complications and people that tell me I don't need surgery. I'm the only one that knows how bad I feel about being overweight and how worried I am about my health. I have a bmi of 34 and i would like to 50 to 60 pounds. I wanted to know if any of you have been sleved with a "low" bmi and what was your weight loss experience like such as how much weight you lost and how long did it take. I can't wait to be a healthier and happier me!>

Guest guest

A big welcome to this forum to you Rob I'm scheduled for january 14.

From: Rob <robbinroling@...> Sent: Tue, December 14, 2010 9:52:49 PMSubject: I am new to the group.

I am new to the group. I am so looking forward to my Sleeve. This is the first time I have felt hope for myself. I have BMI of 43. I have my operation scheduled for January 30. I live close to Athens, Georgia so if anybody is going the same time let me know. I won't be alone. I will have two of my nieces going with me.I have been reading all the messages that are sent. They have helped alot. Any advice would be great. I have wonderful support from all my family except my husband. I think he'll come around by the time I get back from Mexico.I am so excited. >> Hello everyone,> I am new here and I have been reading some of your posts and I'm so glad I found this group. I am planning to

have the sleeve done in February God willing. I have my husbands support but that's about it. I have people that say are concerned I will have complications and people that tell me I don't need surgery. I'm the only one that knows how bad I feel about being overweight and how worried I am about my health. I have a bmi of 34 and i would like to 50 to 60 pounds. I wanted to know if any of you have been sleved with a "low" bmi and what was your weight loss experience like such as how much weight you lost and how long did it take. I can't wait to be a healthier and happier me!>