RemedySpot.com

Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My PS never does anchor mastopexies--he contends they're "outdated." I have seen his work on women with big breasts/skin and he reduced/lifted them with a vertical and they look great. In the five years he's been I PS, he's only done ONE anchor mastopexy because his patient insisted! Of course he's do revisional anchor mastoexies like mine too. He also contends that any PS who uses outside stitching is outdated too. I believe him

LM

:

Are you referring to extra large breasted women having reductions or simply a lift? I saw his photos of women with D size breasts with a vertical lift and they look perky and good.

What plastic surgery book do you recommend I look at? Any with a current 2001+ date on them? I'll have to ask my PS about this.

Thanks. Take care.

-Marie

This is not necessarily accurate. Many different factors go into the decision to do different mastopexies. I am cautious of individuals who always or never do anything. The key is surgical judgement and the ability to do what is best. For the condition known as pseudoptosis, a horizontal resection is necessary as this condition is a excess of horizontal skin. You can check any of this out for yourself in any plastic surgery book. .

-----Original Message-----From: perlesetlacet@... [mailto:perlesetlacet@...]Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 2:39 PM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical liftsMy PS never does anchor mastopexies--he contends they're "outdated." I have seen his work on women with big breasts/skin and he reduced/lifted them with a vertical and they look great. In the five years he's been I PS, he's only done ONE anchor mastopexy because his patient insisted! Of course he's do revisional anchor mastoexies like mine too. He also contends that any PS who uses outside stitching is outdated too. I believe himLM

I am referring to mastopexies. There is an article in the last PRS journal from Chile describing when one need to convert a donut to a verticle and a verticle to an anchor. Look at it and it will be clear what I am talking about. Constricted breast and pseudoptosis also need to be corrected often with a scar in the fold which is usually very well hidden. It is usually the verticle scar that patient's don't like. .

-----Original Message-----From: perlesetlacet@... [mailto:perlesetlacet@...]Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 3:50 PM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts:Are you referring to extra large breasted women having reductions or simply a lift? I saw his photos of women with D size breasts with a vertical lift and they look perky and good.What plastic surgery book do you recommend I look at? Any with a current 2001+ date on them? I'll have to ask my PS about this.Thanks. Take care.-Marie

I agree! I didn't know any "up-to-date" PSs used outside stitches anymore! I even required a skin-graft after removal of a 'silicone ulcer' that would not heal on my lower right calf, and only inside stitches were used! I haven't figured this one out yet!

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 1:39 PM

Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

My PS never does anchor mastopexies--he contends they're "outdated." I have seen his work on women with big breasts/skin and he reduced/lifted them with a vertical and they look great. In the five years he's been I PS, he's only done ONE anchor mastopexy because his patient insisted! Of course he's do revisional anchor mastoexies like mine too. He also contends that any PS who uses outside stitching is outdated too. I believe himLM

:

Hi. We know verticals are the best! I envy all women who have them. I'm sure glad you chose to go to Feng. If there are other "top" docs who routinely still do anchors on A-D women, I'd like to know who these docs are so we don't make the mistake of going to one of them. I mean why eat at Mc's when you can eat fine French cuisine?

Hugs,

LM

That is really funny that you say that as all the women I know(tons) have had vertical scars and love them. I for one cannot even find mine any more. Now the ones around the nipple I can find and if I had any in the crease they would show since my breasts are so small

Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 5:54 PM

Subject: RE: anchors vs. vertical lifts

I am referring to mastopexies. There is an article in the last PRS journal from Chile describing when one need to convert a donut to a verticle and a verticle to an anchor. Look at it and it will be clear what I am talking about. Constricted breast and pseudoptosis also need to be corrected often with a scar in the fold which is usually very well hidden. It is usually the verticle scar that patient's don't like. .

-----Original Message-----From: perlesetlacet@... [mailto:perlesetlacet@...]Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 3:50 PM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts:Are you referring to extra large breasted women having reductions or simply a lift? I saw his photos of women with D size breasts with a vertical lift and they look perky and good.What plastic surgery book do you recommend I look at? Any with a current 2001+ date on them? I'll have to ask my PS about this.Thanks. Take care.-Marie

The vertical scars are usually the most obvious in postop photos as the periareolar and fold incisions are often hidden. You may be the exception , but I am talking about what is true for the majority of patients. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 8:38 PM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

That is really funny that you say that as all the women I know(tons) have had vertical scars and love them. I for one cannot even find mine any more. Now the ones around the nipple I can find and if I had any in the crease they would show since my breasts are so small

Actually if you ever have visited explantation.com there are a ton of ladies who have had the same experience as me, that is that the scar from the vertical lift fades the best, the nipple scars are often the only thing one can really see after healing is done. Anyhow I don't see the point in arguing. Most women who got implants in the first place have little to no breast tissue, so a crease incision is not really hidden once they are explanted and lifted, because at least most of us end up very small. I know that if I had crease incisions they would show, because I don't have enough breast tissue to hang over them, imparticularly when I lift up my arms or lay down on the bed, etc. These would be times when the crease scar would show. I cannot of course say for sure if they would have healed as well as my vertical scar or not, if they would have, then I guess they also would not show, but as Patty has stated, her vertical scar is invisible, her crease scars are red and obvious. Why would one part of her body scar more than another part? Was this because of the surgeon or just the placement of the scar of what? I do not have an answer for this. If she was to try to get a revision would she end up with smaller breasts too?

I think also that with an anchor lift you are adding another incision, so why do it unless it is really needed? As Dr Feng herself told me, there is no reason usually EVER to use an anchor lift. Those were her exact words to me, when I was there in December of 1999. So i am only going by what I was told by my Dr.

C

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 5:57 AM

The vertical scars are usually the most obvious in postop photos as the periareolar and fold incisions are often hidden. You may be the exception , but I am talking about what is true for the majority of patients. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 8:38 PM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

In post op photos how far out after surgery? Mine were very obvious till about 9 months out.

OOPs I meant to say I was there in December 2000 I am losing track of time

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 7:26 AM

Actually if you ever have visited explantation.com there are a ton of ladies who have had the same experience as me, that is that the scar from the vertical lift fades the best, the nipple scars are often the only thing one can really see after healing is done. Anyhow I don't see the point in arguing. Most women who got implants in the first place have little to no breast tissue, so a crease incision is not really hidden once they are explanted and lifted, because at least most of us end up very small. I know that if I had crease incisions they would show, because I don't have enough breast tissue to hang over them, imparticularly when I lift up my arms or lay down on the bed, etc. These would be times when the crease scar would show. I cannot of course say for sure if they would have healed as well as my vertical scar or not, if they would have, then I guess they also would not show, but as Patty has stated, her vertical scar is invisible, her crease scars are red and obvious. Why would one part of her body scar more than another part? Was this because of the surgeon or just the placement of the scar of what? I do not have an answer for this. If she was to try to get a revision would she end up with smaller breasts too?

I think also that with an anchor lift you are adding another incision, so why do it unless it is really needed? As Dr Feng herself told me, there is no reason usually EVER to use an anchor lift. Those were her exact words to me, when I was there in December of 1999. So i am only going by what I was told by my Dr.

C

I agree with you. I personally do not know anyone besides you and Patty that had the anchor lift done.

hugs

C

Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 9:19 PM

:Hi. We know verticals are the best! I envy all women who have them. I'm sure glad you chose to go to Feng. If there are other "top" docs who routinely still do anchors on A-D women, I'd like to know who these docs are so we don't make the mistake of going to one of them. I mean why eat at Mc's when you can eat fine French cuisine?Hugs,LM

Usually at any point from postop till 20 years. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:27 AM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

In post op photos how far out after surgery? Mine were very obvious till about 9 months out.

: Are you sure she never? As I said earlier this is a mathematical formula and in some rare (ie two times in 10 years) I have had to use an anchor. Most plastic surgeons would not say never. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:26 AM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

C

:

Yes, the vertical scar one typically notices first but with an anchor cut, the long scar under the breast looks worse--in my opinion. I can see this scar in my cleavage and sides--it sux. Believe me when I tell you, having this *anchor job* is not pleasing. It's too late for me -- what's done is done -- but if other women can avoid this happening to them, it makes it worth it for me to speak up.

Take care,

LM

That was what she said, but she may have meant never with someone like me, with my type issues, ya know what I mean? Maybe she said it is unnecessary, not sure I just know she told me that it does not need to be done. I asked her why some women get scars (like patty did( in the crease with explant and she just said that it is not necessary and that she has great success with vertical lifts.

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 10:06 AM

: Are you sure she never? As I said earlier this is a mathematical formula and in some rare (ie two times in 10 years) I have had to use an anchor. Most plastic surgeons would not say never. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:26 AM Subject: Re: anchors vs. vertical lifts

C

:

I think you need to tell Dr. Feng she has a lot to learn........not.

My doc did do ONE anchor lift in five years--it's because the patient wanted it. I suppose with everything in life there is an EXCEPTION or TWO. Geez, I thought we were speaking in general. All I know is if I know that a doc who uses the anchor technique and outtie stitches on the breasts as a normal part of his/her practice, I'd run in the other direction! I went to a looser of a PS once--shame on him, for me to go to another doc like him again--shame on me.

LM

But -Marie--you are an exception re the size of the

scars in "anchor jobs" That doc clearly didn't know how

to perform a good procedure--I've seen the scars.

Did you have those scars after implantation or

after explantation?

If it was after explantation, one wonders if he

had ever performed those procedures. . .either

explant removal, reduction or both. And, as he

was doing it at his cost, he may have hurried

to finish. And we won't even get into the psychological problems he may have had about

women. . .

Bonnie

:

There is NO JUSTIFICATION for what this PS did to me. My scars were big before the explant from the mastopexy from hell he gave me, and he made them a bit bigger with an IMPROPER EXPLANT. Even if I had been given 5 inch scars from a normal anchor cut--that would still suck--albeit not as much--but I'd still be left with more ugly UNNECESSARY scarring. I would have been delighted to have skinny scars with a vertical lift. Just think, if that were done right to begin with, I'd been thousands of dollars richer for not having to have repeated surgeries, happier, healthier and have my fucking hair too. Sorry, but as my doc said, there was no excuse for this...

LM

-Marie--

A possible reason is not a justification. I agree that your

scars are long and unnecessary. What I'm trying to say is

that all anchor mastopexies are not like that--as I said, your

situation is an exception. Regardless of your perception,

my daughter did have an anchor mastopexy--it was drawn

out on paper in consultation--I was there. Hers is fine, as were

many when it was the procedure of choice. One constantly

reads or hears of bad results--they aren't the norm. Any time

you chose to have a surgery, you are taking a risk. . . yes, you

can hedge your bets in the best way possible. . .but it's always

going to be a risk--think of all the possible variables.

I just wanted to say that prior to explantation, I looked at many photos from

many different surgeons and was most turned off by the vertical scar. This

included photos of both Dr. Feng and Dr. Kolb's work. I thought they were the

most visible in all the photos I saw. I fortunately did not need a lift but

I would have wanted a donut mastopexy if I had my choice.

Crystal