RemedySpot.com

CLL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Lynn. Thanks for sharing with us your observations on your husband's nodes and energy when using Iodoral. Very interesting. I hope you'll keep us informed of any other observations you hay have.

I'm so sorry your report on the CLL list desolved into an acrimonious exchange when you reported it on another group. Iodine seems to bring forth very strong opinions from people! I find it all rather odd since we know so little about how iodine is actually functioning in the body.

One of my reasons for starting this iodine group was that I couldn't find a place to talk about it. I brought it up on a few thyroid groups and quickly discovered that my comments were not welcome. I searched the , and couldn't find anything. So, I decided to start a group where it would be OK to talk about iodine. Since that time, I've noticed that iodine has become a more acceptable topic on various groups. One of the first signs that an idea's time has come seems to be that you get attacked for it. So, I'll be very interested to hear future developments with respect to CLL. Sounds like several people on CLL forum(s) were interested even though the one person was quite antagonistic.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Zoe

My husband was diagnosed with CLL on 6/21/06, and I have read much about CLL since then. I have found references to iodine inducing apoptosis in breast and prostate cancer. but nothing about CLL and iodine.

One anecdotal report is interesting, though. The wife of a CLL patient reported on a CLL list that they painted iodine tincture on a 2x2 square on his stomach for a month, and his lymph nodes had returned to normal, his hot flashes had disappeared, and he was feeling much better. I posted with my observation that my husband's nodes had diminished and his energy level had improved in the month he had been taking Iodoral. I posted references to this group and iodine4health. Unfortunately it devolved into a very acrimonious exchange with repeated commentary by one member that I was promoting a poison. It's unfortunate that reporting beneficial results and places to get more information could turn into such an ugly affair, but that was a real heads up on how any benefit from iodine is considered to be poppycock.

Lynn

I hate to sound dumb, but what is CLL?JackieOn Aug 31, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Zoe & wrote:Thanks, Lynn.  Thanks for sharing with us your observations on your husband's nodes and energy when using Iodoral.  Very interesting.  I hope you'll keep us informed of any other observations you hay have. I'm so sorry your report on the CLL list desolved into an acrimonious exchange when you reported it on another group.  Iodine seems to bring forth very strong opinions from people!  I find it all rather odd since we know so little about how iodine is actually functioning in the body.  One of my reasons for starting this iodine group was that I couldn't find a place to talk about it.  I brought it up on a few thyroid groups and quickly discovered that my comments were not welcome.  I searched the , and couldn't find anything.  So, I decided to start a group where it would be OK to talk about iodine.  Since that time, I've noticed that iodine has become a more acceptable topic on various groups.  One of the first signs that an idea's time has come seems to be that you get attacked for it.   So, I'll be very interested to hear future developments with respect to CLL.  Sounds like several people on CLL forum(s) were interested even though the one person was quite antagonistic. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Zoe 

CLL = chronic lymphocytic leukemia, the second most common form of adult blood cancer.

The abbreviation was first defined in earlier posts yesterday or today about demythylation. You just jumped in on the discussion too late.

Lynn

Re: CLL

I hate to sound dumb, but what is CLL?

Jackie

On Aug 31, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Zoe & wrote:

Thanks, Lynn. Thanks for sharing with us your observations on your husband's nodes and energy when using Iodoral. Very interesting. I hope you'll keep us informed of any other observations you hay have.

I'm so sorry your report on the CLL list desolved into an acrimonious exchange when you reported it on another group. Iodine seems to bring forth very strong opinions from people! I find it all rather odd since we know so little about how iodine is actually functioning in the body.

One of my reasons for starting this iodine group was that I couldn't find a place to talk about it. I brought it up on a few thyroid groups and quickly discovered that my comments were not welcome. I searched the , and couldn't find anything. So, I decided to start a group where it would be OK to talk about iodine. Since that time, I've noticed that iodine has become a more acceptable topic on various groups. One of the first signs that an idea's time has come seems to be that you get attacked for it. So, I'll be very interested to hear future developments with respect to CLL. Sounds like several people on CLL forum(s) were interested even though the one person was quite antagonistic.

Zoe

>From: " Zoe & " <ZOEA@...>

>Iodine seems to bring forth very strong opinions from people! I find it

>all rather odd since we know so little about how iodine is actually

>functioning in the body.

Yes, it's like there was an attempt to drill it into people's heads that no

one in America, or other civilized country could possibly have an iodine

deficiency.

Taking iodine is danerous, it couldn't possibly help someone with a thyroid

problem because no one could possibly be iodine deficient.

I've heard if you eat processed food, anything from a box, or restaurant you

get plenty. Whereas there may be sodium or sal in such productst, that

doesn't mean it's iodized, or has other sources of iodine in it. Not to

mention, just because one might get 150 mcg of iodine per day, that's just

the miniumun amount to prevent goiter, the outward appearance of goiter, and

not necessarily all that everyone needs.

Skipper

Skipper

Search from any web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live

Toolbar Today! http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview

well.... I think your comments were welcome on http://www.thyroid I remember your first emails!

Gracia

Zoe

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/434 - Release Date: 8/30/2006

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/434 - Release Date: 8/30/2006

>>I have been trying a lot of alternative treatments that I have researched for my husband and this is a winner along with zink every other day and green tea capsules,and the prescription singulair as it works on the leukertrions(spelled that wrong) Lynn got into the fray at the CLL site and I did not. She had a very poor response from them..It did get nasty. >>

Well, it won't get nasty here;-D. I am so glad, in a weird way, that there are now what, 4 of us here? I'm beginning to doubt the statistics on CLL since it is held that only 8, 000 people are dxed each year. Eight thousand out of 300 million and it hits me and you and you and you? Bull fritters. And it's not passed on in families? Oh yes it is.

That's so great about your idione results and zinc and green tea and singulair. I had spontaneous node reduction for about a month or so and now one side is growing back. I think I'll try iodine again and see what happens.

What do you mean "the backward disease" Im curious.

Jane

Jane,

I have read in numerous websites that CLL is technically a Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. And small cell lymphoma (CLL) is considered the same disease as CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia). But even though there may be disagreement about this, I don't know that it makes that much difference what we call it.

I also have noticed the irony that the literature says the more aggressive forms of lymphoma can be cured but CLL can't. But I do know a guy who says his CLL was cured by Insulin Potentiation Therapy (IPT), and there's a report on Ralph Moss' site about a guy that was cured by TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) herbs. But anecdotal reports don't count. The book I read about IPT says the less aggressive cancers are harder to cure.

Lynn

Re: CLL

LynnM,

I don't think CLL is a lymphoma at all but a leukemia, although it can transform. Funny how CLL can change into say AML (leuk to lymph) while CLL is *not* curable but Lymphoma is? Seems like we ought to try to make this thing jump the gap on over, doesn't it?

They don't know what they are doing, Im telling you. Doctors that is.

Jane

_ _,_._,___

My Oncologist/Hematologist said Leukemia is a form of

Lymphoma. But then he never takes the time to explain.

Medicine is still in its infancy and CLL research has

a long way to go. Doctors don't have a lot of answers

to my questions, I just make them frustrated.

Lynn,

Yer right, it doesn't matter to us. I'm just knocking the confused establishment.

Who is the cured guy who used ITP? Would he take an email?

And what does the book say exactly about its reasoning for less aggressive cancers (leukemia included?) being easier to cure. I'm intrigued.

Jane

I answered Jane in a private email. If anyone else wants this info, let me know.

Lynn

CLL = chronic lymphocytic leukemia IPT = insulin potentiation therapy

Lynn,

Yer right, it doesn't matter to us. I'm just knocking the confused establishment.

Who is the cured guy who used ITP? Would he take an email?

And what does the book say exactly about its reasoning for less aggressive cancers (leukemia included?) being easier to cure. I'm intrigued.

Jane

I do. Thanks

On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:28 PM, Lynn McGaha wrote:

> I answered Jane in a private email.  If anyone else wants this info,

> let me know.

> Lynn

>  

>  

> CLL = chronic lymphocytic leukemia    IPT = insulin potentiation

> therapy

>> Lynn,

>>  

>> Yer right, it doesn't matter to us. I'm just knocking the confused

>> establishment.

>>  

>> Who is the cured guy who used ITP? Would he take an email?

>>  

>> And what does the book say exactly about its reasoning for less

>> aggressive cancers (leukemia included?) being easier to cure. I'm

>> intrigued.

>>  

>> Jane

>

Parashis

artpages@...

zine:

artpagesonline.com

portfolio:

http://www.artpagesonline.com/EPportfolio/000portfolio.html

• 10 months later...
Guest guest

Hi, Tedd and All, I just joined this group however I am not new to Dr

's protocol - I have all 4 of her books trying to figure out the

best and quickest way to help my husband who has CLL. This is not an

easy way but I think it makes most sense. I read with interest about

your mother and wife who you've helped. You are amazing. Would it be

possible for you to share how you managed to do that? Especially how

you've managed to control your mothers CLL? I would be immensely

grateful for your help as I am frantically looking to help my husband.

I will be awaiting your answer. Sincerely

Guest guest

:

I am sorry to hear about your husband; I understand how you must

feel at this time. I will be glad to provide for you those things that

have given the greatest benefit to my mom. Please e-mail me at

watching@....

Tedd

CLL

Hi, Tedd and All, I just joined this group however I am not new to Dr

's protocol - I have all 4 of her books trying to figure out the

best and quickest way to help my husband who has CLL. This is not an

easy way but I think it makes most sense. I read with interest about

your mother and wife who you've helped. You are amazing. Would it be

possible for you to share how you managed to do that? Especially how

you've managed to control your mothers CLL? I would be immensely

grateful for your help as I am frantically looking to help my husband.

I will be awaiting your answer. Sincerely

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

I just joined this group last week and have a question for all of you.

My father has chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). He was diagnosed with

it at least about 8 years ago. The oncologist is pressuring him to do

chemo but he has refused. We're fortunate that our family doctor is

very open to alternative treatments. He also sees a naturopath on a

regular basis and he and our family physician know each other. I could

probably talk him into doing chemo but believe that (a) it's his

decision and (B) chemo doesn't resolve the problem but ends up creating

more problems. My dad is very into alternative treatments for ANY

problem, including this one, and, thus far, he has managed to deal with

the disease. He just turned 81 at the end of February, is very alert

and active, goes to the gym regularly (I bought him a membership a

couple of years before he retired and we usually go together and spend

1.5 - 2 hrs there, half the time doing cardio, the other half working

with weights ... not bad for someone 80+!!). His white cell count is in

the low 200 range. His hemoglobin levels have been lower than they

should be for about the last year. He's lost some weight just in the

last few weeks, but that's because we've all had this flu bug. He's

normally around 160-165 lbs at 5'10 " . He often feels tired but he says

he has no pain. He has numeorus lumps (tumors) in his neck, armpit and

groin areas, varying in size but they cause him no pain. He seems to

have managed to get rid of some of them on one side. He only feels

discomfort if the lump in his abdomen presses against one of his organs.

I give him B12 shots (from the naturopath) on a weekly basis. He's been

having some water retention in his lower legs the last 6 months or so.

More than anything this condition affects him on an emotional level ...

he has some really black mood swings and his naturopath agrees with me

that he has " clinical depression " . He is otherwise is pretty good

health and quite active, mentally and physically. Sorry about the

lengthy monologue, but I wanted to let you know his full condition.

Are any of you aware of what he can do in order to bring up his

hemoglobin levels, bring down the white cell count and improve his

moods? And generally just how to cure this damn disease?! Yes, I know,

it's a tall order ... and if we did, nobody would have the disease!

I would appreciate whatever advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

Vera

Guest guest

I would contact

www.Bioimmune.com/services/clinic_directory/index.asp (formerly

CancerOption.com)

888-663-8844 or 480-778-1618

and ask them for names of practitioners they've trained who are in

your area. I think their protocol is superb, particularly for leukemia.

Other highly effective treatments for CLL:

ARTEMISININ, OLIVE LEAF, CARNIVORA (venus flytrap), PAU D'ARCO, HOXSEY

(w/POKE), olive leaf, resveratrol, BEETS, IV vit. C, PANCREATIN (large

amounts), CHLOROPHYLL, green tea, acai; frankincense, lavender, Exodus

II? (YoungLivingOils.com) essential oils; “GENISTEIN [in fermented

soy]…CURCUMIN…with genistein….Flax seed oil†Gammill, 10/04; bitter

almonds, laetrile; antifungals

Guest guest

So glad to see your suggestions, Leonard. I'm happy and a bit

releived to report that my husband, , will be starting

artemisinin this coming Monday. From the get-go he has been taking

standardized green tea extract and curcumin and has been drinking

freshly juiced veggies daily. I will investigate some of your other

interesting suggestions.

Warm wishes to all,

Jan

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Beverley,If anything, CLL is most likely independent of Samter's, which affects T-cells, not B-cells. A number of cases of CLL are linked to pesticide exposure. Curcumin (the spice) and EGCG (the green tea polyphenol) seem useful in addition to regular treatment.Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2011 Jan;9(1):22-31.Maintenance therapy for B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia.O'Brien S, Kay NE.SourceDivision of Hematology, The University of Texas M.D. Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA. sobrien@...AbstractAlthough modern treatment options for B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) produce high response rates, virtually all patients relapse, presumably due to the persistence of minimal residual disease (MRD). Novel approaches that maintain response and therefore delay growth of MRD may ultimately improve survival outcomes. In CLL, any type of continued therapy must be not only well tolerated but also convenient to ensure compliance. There has been some exploration of rituximab as maintenance therapy in CLL; however, given its limited clinical activity as a single agent, other options need to be studied. One such agent is the immunomodulatory drug lenalidomide, which has demonstrated clinical activity both in patients with relapsed or refractory CLL and in the frontline setting. Other attractive agents being explored in the maintenance setting include epigallocatechin gallate, curcumin, and the citrus pectin-derived galectin-3 inhibitor GCS-100. These naturally occurring compounds are well tolerated, and they inhibit survival signals in the microenvironment necessary for tumor development, making them well suited for evaluation as maintenance therapy for CLL.>> Does any one have CLL - chronic lymphocytic leukamia - in addition to Samters? > > Beverley>

Guest guest

Thanks asfy. My interest lies in the inflammation angle - I also have

osteoarthtritis as well as asthma and sinus polyps. Most of the time I think it

is just bad luck my B cells decided to mutate and become useless. It is hard to

stop trying to find causes for my various ailments in the hope that doing so

might produce a path to wellness or save others from becoming unwell in the

same way. I did read that aspirin have beneficial effects and also that

Singulair seems to be helpful too. I am not current desensed to aspirin but am

considering giving it another go, but probably not until after my next sinus

surgery (if I can overcome my anxieties about that!)

Thanks for all the info - helpful as usual. :-)

Beverley