RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She wouldn't if I was on the jury. But they wouldn't let me on the jury.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I bet you've seen it all (or most of it anyway). Ihave the feeling this woman will get off on temporaryinsanity. Sharon--- Sizer <ssizer@...> wrote:> Hi, Sharon,> > It's sad> > for him, but I can't believe she said it was an >> accident.> > I sure can! I work at the State Police Barracks,> and I love to collect> 'dumb criminal' stories.> Especially about drug users and dealers. I mean, if> you were running> several thousand dollars worth of heroin up from> another state, wouldn't you> want to have both headlights working, and your reg.> stickers current, and> wouldn't you refrain from doing 85 in a 65 mph zone?> I mean, why don't> they just put a sign on the trunk lid that says: > "Please stop me; I'm> carrying drugs and I want to be arrested!" Lotta> dumb and dumber offenders> out there today! (And, sorry to say, some of the> cops aren't too bright,> either).> > > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hey I got one for yall..A woman I know was making a U turn..She hit someone..Then when the cops got there she said "Well I was making an illegal U turn and I took some Loratab 7.5 that isn't prescribed and so I was a little messed up when I done it..Now how stupid can one get to admit to a cop who doesn't even suspect she is on anything to tell him first her U turn was illegal a nd then she took a schedule 2 narcotic that wasn't even prescribed to her...

Guest guest

You and me both Terry.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> She wouldn't if I was on the jury. But they

> wouldn't let me on the jury.

> Terry

Guest guest

That woman sounds real bright. I wonder if I could sell her the London-Bridge after all it is amost in my back yard. Just a 3 hour ride from here.

Terry

Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey I got one for yall..A woman I know was making a U turn..She hit someone..Then when the cops got there she said "Well I was making an illegal U turn and I took some Loratab 7.5 that isn't prescribed and so I was a little messed up when I done it..Now how stupid can one get to admit to a cop who doesn't even suspect she is on anything to tell him first her U turn was illegal a nd then she took a schedule 2 narcotic that wasn't even prescribed to her...

Guest guest

Sounds like Lortabs are like truth serum. I think i'll

stay away from that stuff.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> That woman sounds real bright. I wonder if I

> could sell her the London-Bridge after all it is

> amost in my back yard. Just a 3 hour ride from here.

> Terry

> Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hey I got one for

> yall..A woman I know was making a U turn..She hit

> someone..Then when the cops got there she said " Well

> I was making an illegal U turn and I took some

> Loratab 7.5 that isn't prescribed and so I was a

> little messed up when I done it..Now how stupid can

> one get to admit to a cop who doesn't even suspect

> she is on anything to tell him first her U turn was

> illegal a nd then she took a schedule 2 narcotic

> that wasn't even prescribed to her...

>

Guest guest

Jeanette:

Sorry to hear your mad news. I will keep you in my prayers. I sometimes feel bad when people have such trouble with AIH and I have been doing so great. The one thing I did was stopped working and I think that what probably 90% of my problem.

Sue/WI

Guest guest

Dear Jeanette:

I'm so sorry to hear about your latest news! What a bummer. I will

keep you in my prayers.

Love,

Rhonda/TN

> Hi everyone, It is now Sunday so I thought I would let you know

how things went on Friday then have a rest. I went to the doctors on

friday morning to have a injection for pain relief when I got there

he said that I was looking very well but it was a good job that I

had a blood test when I was last there, I told him I felt awfull and

he sat me down for " a chat " so i knew it was not very good. My

blood results have all gone very high billirubin is now 584 and the

ALT and AST is also very high. He has told me to double up on the

prednisolone and to get plenty of rest if it goes up much more guess

where I have got to go. Yesss hospital here I come. I don't want to

go again I feel like having a tantrum if only I had the energy. I

wil try to keep you in touch as to what is happening to me. If I

dont mail I will ask my husband to let you know everythihg.

Love and hugs Jeanette UK AIH dx 1998 Cirrhosis dx 2001

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your needs.

>

> http://uk.docs./mail_storage.html

Guest guest

jeanette,

hang in there you are on my prayer list. get your rest, drink your water and

do all those other healty things everyone is supposed to do. please remember

we are all thinking of you and praying for you. hope to hear from you soon

love and hugs,

jennifer in georgia

Guest guest

Sounds like what my husband and I experienced - He was in the hospital in early April for 12 days - same problems high alt and AST also very high billrubin count - it went as high as 24. Needless to say we were very concerned. AT that time the diagnosis was a reaction to a new medication he took for 5 days. So we thought this was maybe logical.

However a week ago Sunday he gave a yellow appearance and I took him to the ER and same blood work appeared - this time he was not taking medication. After 8 days in the hospital he came home yesterday - very weak and very tired.

This time the diagnosis is autoimmune hepatitis - he is taking 50 mg of predisone and the blood work is coming down but not back to normal. There will be more blood work on Friday and a visit to the Doctor.

This has been a very frustrating 4 months - and frankly I don't think the doctors are too sure as to just what to do.

As soon as he gets somewhat stronger we will be going to New York City - NYU to see a hepatologist at the University that is supposed to know what he is doing. We wish you good luck and keep in touch - these cases are so similar.

Guest guest

hi karen... my name is karen from chas ... dx march/ 02... i too had been very sick they thought it was meds then hep a ... then my bili started climbing i was hospitalized in 3 dif hospitals... i went for the hep check up today ... if my numbers look good tomorrow i may go down 5 mg pred and increase immuran 50 more mg...my pcp is fri.. lately i have been getting "tremors" i call them shakes...ive also been diagnosed with cervical radialitis and facet dysfunction,as of aug 15 i am no longer able to keep my employee status ... i get upset but i know i have everyone here ... it has been scary because so much is happening to me but i now have a great group of drs who work together and know each other...my biggest mistakethru all of this is my pcp never discussed what he farmed me out for....no my new pcp gets all reports and is trying to fix the layers... i know how you feel but this group has been the best thing for me personnaly ...if i can help please let me know....take care ...karen/chas.s.c

Guest guest

hi,

first, try not to get overwhelmed and scared. see what the biopsy says.

there are stages you will go through in dealing with the acceptance of a

chronic disease. anger, fear, unbelieving, a lot of jumbled stuff and i

don't know somewhere in there is acceptance. i was not feeling well for some

time before i turned 30. at 30 i decided to get a great doctor, a complete

physical and start taking care of myself so i could avoid the health problems

my family has dealt with. my mother also has aih, my family has a history

of diabetes, high blood pressure etc. so i figured i needed to start taking

care of myself. when i told the doctor about my fatigue he decided to test

my liver levels just to make sure everything was ok taking into consideration

my mothers history. well of course i knew i would be fine i was only 30!!!!!

NOT. my levels were high and then higher and then they did a biopsy to

confirm that i had aih. i immediatly started treatment with prednisone.

they tapered me down as my levels fell. and back up as they rose. i decided

to go to school because i refused to let this thing beat me. i did fine and

got my nail liscence. but then i began to spin out of control. i suffered

from major depression and was hospitalized for a week. i now stay home to

concentrate on my health, my husband and my children. i think i have just

grown another step in coping. this is something to be proud of. i have also

accepted that i will sometimes need to rest more and will not ever feel as i

did when i was younger and healthier but i try to make the best of what i

have to work with and thank the Lord that i realize how wonderful my family

is to me and how little other things really mean. you may need to " shop " for

a doctor that you trust in and this is ok. go with your gut. be mad if you

feel like it. and vent to us if you need to we have all been there and will

listen and respond if you wish.

best wished and you are in my prayers

jennifer in georgia

Guest guest

you are correct about the doctors not knowing exactly what to do. this

disease has not had a lot of research done and from what i understand is rare

but lately i hear more and more about it. hang in there.

jennifer in georgia

Guest guest

Thank you all for responding to my first email.

I feel better already. I feel like I at least have some support here. They have scheduled my biopsy for next Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.

Because I have a severe case of PTSD (post traumatic stress syndrome) they will put me under.

When they tried to do the colonoscopy in April, the first one didn't work because I was apparently yelling for them to stop stop. (I don't remember this of course). The doctor wrote in his notes, I couldn't give her any more sedatives because she was on the highest dose.

the second time they did it they put me under.

So, they have decided they will do this for the biopsy because you are not suppose to move.

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens next week. In the meantime I'm reading all I can about this autoimmune Hep.

Thank you again

(I'm 49 years old, I use to be very athletic but not lately)

Guest guest

Annette:

As to my last post, I am on 100 mg a day and have been since 1997. I was on 150 at one time but went down to 100. I have not had any problems since I stopped taking predisone. I only went down two and 1/2 mg every two weeks because any faster I would have to go back to 20 mg.

Sue/WI

Guest guest

Annette,

I've been on 100 mg of imuran since march. I started on 50 mg in January

when I was first diagnosed. I'm still on the prednisone, but hope to be off

this winter. I haven't noticed any side effects from the imuran, but the

prednisone has definitely made me a moody person!!! Was going to say B____h

but thought that was a little strong. I also gained some weight, but can

deal with that, knowing I'll eventually lose it. The mood swings are driving

me and my family crazy!!! The only thing I did notice with the imuran is I

definitely stay away from people who are not feeling well. I learned the

hard way the first couple of months with three back to back horrible colds!!!

Hope this helps.

K in Tahoe

Guest guest

Is anyone else on 100 mg of Imuran (azathioprine)? It seems like a lot. I just got increased from 75 mg to 100 mg, and recently lowered my prednisone to 10 mg, which will stay that way for another 6 months according to my dr.

Annette

-----Original Message-----From: kikishrimp@... [mailto:kikishrimp@...]Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 5:53 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Hellohi karen... my name is karen from chas ... dx march/ 02... i too had been very sick they thought it was meds then hep a ... then my bili started climbing i was hospitalized in 3 dif hospitals... i went for the hep check up today ... if my numbers look good tomorrow i may go down 5 mg pred and increase immuran 50 more mg...my pcp is fri.. lately i have been getting "tremors" i call them shakes...ive also been diagnosed with cervical radialitis and facet dysfunction,as of aug 15 i am no longer able to keep my employee status ... i get upset but i know i have everyone here ... it has been scary because so much is happening to me but i now have a great group of drs who work together and know each other...my biggest mistakethru all of this is my pcp never discussed what he farmed me out for....no my new pcp gets all reports and is trying to fix the layers... i know how you feel but this group has been the best thing for me personnaly ...if i can help please let me know....take care ...karen/chas.s.c

Guest guest

Thanks, Sue. Good to know.

- Annette

-----Original Message-----From: ROSELLE50@... [mailto:ROSELLE50@...]Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 4:04 PM Subject: Re: [ ] HelloAnnette:As to my last post, I am on 100 mg a day and have been since 1997. I was on 150 at one time but went down to 100. I have not had any problems since I stopped taking predisone. I only went down two and 1/2 mg every two weeks because any faster I would have to go back to 20 mg.Sue/WI

Guest guest

Dear Annette,

Hi...I'm Holly and I thought I would respond to your email about your Imuran dosage. I am on 125 mg/day. My Doc tapered me off of prednisone as he was putting me on the Imuran and I have been doing great on the Imuran. Also, my liver levels at the time he began the Imuran tx were normal. I think that what determines the dose of Imuran is how your body metabolizes the Imuran. I started at 50, then had blood work done, then he gradually increased checking the blood work after each increase until he said I had reached my "target zone". Does your doctor do a test to see what your metabolites are? I know that my doc monitored me very closely when I first started taking Imuran because it can cause hepatoxicity. The test that they did on me was called an "MMPT" . If you need anymore info, let me know because I have all the paperwork from the labs I have had done. Hope this helps!

>From: & Annette

>Reply- > >Subject: RE: [ ] Hello >Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:54:52 -0700 > >Is anyone else on 100 mg of Imuran (azathioprine)? It seems like a lot. I >just got increased from 75 mg to 100 mg, and recently lowered my prednisone >to 10 mg, which will stay that way for another 6 months according to my dr. > >Annette > Re: [ ] Hello > > > hi karen... my name is karen from chas ... dx march/ 02... i too had been >very sick they thought it was meds then hep a ... then my bili started >climbing i was hospitalized in 3 dif hospitals... i went for the hep check >up today ... if my numbers look good tomorrow i may go down 5 mg pred and >increase immuran 50 more mg...my pcp is fri.. lately i have been getting >"tremors" i call them shakes...ive also been diagnosed with cervical >radialitis and facet dysfunction,as of aug 15 i am no longer able to keep my >employee status ... i get upset but i know i have everyone here ... it has >been scary because so much is happening to me but i now have a great group >of drs who work together and know each other...my biggest mistakethru all of >this is my pcp never discussed what he farmed me out for....no my new pcp >gets all reports and is trying to fix the layers... i know how you feel but >this group has been the best thing for me personnaly ...if i can help please >let me know....take care ...karen/chas.s.c >

Guest guest

hello annette i have just increased my immuran to 150 and my pred is now at 10mg... just started today i'll let you know how im doing karen/chas s.c.

Guest guest

Sounds like what my husband and I experienced - He was in the hospital in early April for 12 days - same problems high alt and AST also very high billrubin count - it went as high as 24. Needless to say we were very concerned. AT that time the diagnosis was a reaction to a new medication he took for 5 days. So we thought this was maybe logical.

However a week ago Sunday he gave a yellow appearance and I took him to the ER and same blood work appeared - this time he was not taking medication. After 8 days in the hospital he came home yesterday - very weak and very tired.

This time the diagnosis is autoimmune hepatitis - he is taking 50 mg of predisone and the blood work is coming down but not back to normal. There will be more blood work on Friday and a visit to the Doctor.

This has been a very frustrating 4 months - and frankly I don't think the doctors are too sure as to just what to do.

As soon as he gets somewhat stronger we will be going to New York City - NYU to see a hepatologist at the University that is supposed to know what he is doing. We wish you good luck and keep in touch - these cases are so similar.

Guest guest

Hi ! Look at it this way-at least you're on the track to get a

diagnosis. You can't really be diagnosed with AIH without a liver biopsy.

Once you get diagnosed, and started on treatment, things will get better.

Positive thoughts, OK! Cathie

>From: " angelos33333 " <Angelos3@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: [ ] Hello

>Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:31:57 -0000

>

>My name is . Last March/April I got very sick for three weeks.

>In the process they discovered my AST & ALT were high. However once

>I got better, after they did a colonoscopy and decided it was okay,

>they forgot about the liver thing. Last week I went to the doctor's

>office to finally ask them why they never retested my liver. They

>couldn't find the blood report so while I was there they ordered it

>from the lab.

>

>Now I haven't been feeling good and my joints are aching. That's why

>after 4 months I finally thought something is wrong here. Anyway,

>while I'm standing there the doc comes out and says oh we should

>check your liver again. So I gave them some blood. Yesterday, he

>calls me and says, We think you have autoimmune Hepatitis, your

>antibodies and nuclear protein is way off. We need to do a biopsy of

>the liver. Back in March/April they thought I had hepatitis but the

>tests came back negative.

>

>So now I'm kinda scared, what can you tell me about this?

>Please,

>

Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

http://www.hotmail.com

Guest guest

-Thanks Cathie,

I've been reading everyone posts for the last two days. Yesterday, I came

down with a cold and today it's wiped me out. What the heck does this

disease have to do with colds. It seems like I'm reading that here. I have

had a lot of colds that wipe me out. My husband gets a cold and he gets

over it 2-3 days with mild symptoms. Me it wipes out for a long time.

/Seattle

>

> Hi ! Look at it this way-at least you're on the track to get a

> diagnosis. You can't really be diagnosed with AIH without a liver biopsy.

> Once you get diagnosed, and started on treatment, things will get better.

> Positive thoughts, OK! Cathie

>

> >From: " angelos33333 " <Angelos3@...>

> >Reply-

> >

> >Subject: [ ] Hello

> >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:31:57 -0000

> >

> >My name is . Last March/April I got very sick for three weeks.

> >In the process they discovered my AST & ALT were high. However once

> >I got better, after they did a colonoscopy and decided it was okay,

> >they forgot about the liver thing. Last week I went to the doctor's

> >office to finally ask them why they never retested my liver. They

> >couldn't find the blood report so while I was there they ordered it

> >from the lab.

> >

> >Now I haven't been feeling good and my joints are aching. That's why

> >after 4 months I finally thought something is wrong here. Anyway,

> >while I'm standing there the doc comes out and says oh we should

> >check your liver again. So I gave them some blood. Yesterday, he

> >calls me and says, We think you have autoimmune Hepatitis, your

> >antibodies and nuclear protein is way off. We need to do a biopsy of

> >the liver. Back in March/April they thought I had hepatitis but the

> >tests came back negative.

> >

> >So now I'm kinda scared, what can you tell me about this?

> >Please,

> >

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

> http://www.hotmail.com

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Sam,

I too am in the Army and have been diagnosed with PA and I am 32

years old. It has been a long uphill battle. You are so true when

you say that once you have this disease you are no longer good to the

Army. I have had to battle with a chain of command that did not

believe that I had a problem (you know, faking it to get out of

details, guard duty, etc.) and doctors telling me my P was everything

from jock itch to excema (SP) and that my joint pain and inflammation

was stress fractures, planter flascitiis and a physical therapist

told me it was just stress and to get over it. I have had pain in my

feet, hands, wrists, shoulders, knees, and lower back. Walking had

almost become a chore for me. It would take me 5 minutes to get out

of bed and get to the bathroom (and the rooms are right next door to

each other). I have had problems with fatigue and concentration

also. I can not get promoted to SSG because the points for my MOS

(71L) are maxed out and have been for many years. I have been

promotable for 4 years, completed BNCOC and maxed out everything but

PT. Now that I have PA I know I will not get promoted.

I finally went in to see a doctor and she right away connected the P

with the pain and made a preliminary diagnosis of PA. So now all I

had to do was convince a Rhuematologist and Dermatologist that that

was what I had. I was finally officially diagnosed in March 2002,

after I had a bone scan completed that detected the arthritis. Since

then I have completed a Medical Evaluation Board and I have been

found unfit for military service and awarded a 40% medical disability

and have been placed on the Temporary Disability Retirement List. I

currently live in Germany and I am just waiting on my separation

orders and I am hoping to be back in the civilian population around

October. I spent almost 12 years in the Army and I sacrificed a lot

to get where I am at, but as said before once you have PA you are a

liability to the Army...not an asset. I enjoyed the time I spent in

the Army, however I realized that it is probably time to move on to

other places and start new. I have plans right now to go back to

college and finish my degree and make the most out of life. If you

have any questions feel free to talk to me.

Tom Savage

" Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals "

> Hello, My name is Mercado from Puerto Rico. I was recently

> diagnosed with PA. I'm 36 years old, with an electronics

engineering

> background. I'm in the Army working with the Secret Service. I love

> my job. I have the opportunity to travel a lot and visit many

> interesting places. However, PA is taking over. My right thumb is

> always sausage looking and the middle finger of my left hand. My

> right wrist, my left ankle, my toes, my shoulder, upper back and

neck

> are always in pain. Some times I have pain while eating because my

> jaw is also swell. My scalp, ears, groin area is also covered with

P.

> For more than 15 years I was a marathon runner, aerobics

instructor,

> when to 3 wars, and excellent health. But, at this time I can not

run

> anymore or do any aerobics. Walking is hard some times. In 1995 my

> scalp and groin area were affected. In 1997, my lefts foot. In 2000

> my right foot. In 2001 my left hand. In 2002, hands, feet's, back,

> jaw, ankles all are affected by PA. I'm not in any medication yeah,

> only anti-inflammatory. If I take the medications by Army

regulations

> I would stop traveling and send to a desk job. I love my job, but

> sometimes is so hard to do. Stairs, rappelling, top buildings,

heavy

> equipment, waking are become harder to do everyday. Pain is hard,

but

> the mental anguish is another problem. When you work so hard to get

> the job you wanted and now I'm not able to do it anymore. I was

pass

> for promotion because PA. According to the Army if you have PA you

> are not good for them anymore. The Secret Service has been good to

> me. The let me travel and do my job without any harassment do to

help

> problems. However they are concerned about health cost. Sometimes I

> feel so lost and helpless. It took the doctors more than 4 years to

> diagnose my PA.

>

> SAM

Guest guest

Hello Sam,

My name is Robyn, I am 43 & live in beautiful Nth Queensland, Australia. I was

so sad to read your story...but I feel your pain & frustration. I am a Manager

with 13 staff & look after 2 offices. My flare up at the moment is really bad, I

have both wrists, neck, finger flared up this time. I have my hand in a splint

as movement is so painful. But, I must work as I have committments & I sometimes

wonder how I can go on. Concentrating is difficult as I take alot of

painkillers. Like you I get annoyed wiyh myself & my limitiations. I have

refused to take anymore Methotrexate as I had liver problems the previous 3

times.I take Prednisone, Voltaren & Prothiaden & pain killers, but more

importantly..DIET!. Avoid foods that " flare you up " especially, potatoes,

tomato, eggplant & peppers. I have also cut out caffiene. I find this helps with

pain control. Good luck with your battle, it's just as much a battle as with

the Secret Service...lol. I'll pray for to feel better as soon as you read this

email,

Regards..Robyn

ahibendito <ahibendito@...> wrote: Hello, My name is Mercado from

Puerto Rico. I was recently

diagnosed with PA. I'm 36 years old, with an electronics engineering

background. I'm in the Army working with the Secret Service. I love

my job. I have the opportunity to travel a lot and visit many

interesting places. However, PA is taking over. My right thumb is

always sausage looking and the middle finger of my left hand. My

right wrist, my left ankle, my toes, my shoulder, upper back and neck

are always in pain. Some times I have pain while eating because my

jaw is also swell. My scalp, ears, groin area is also covered with P.

For more than 15 years I was a marathon runner, aerobics instructor,

when to 3 wars, and excellent health. But, at this time I can not run

anymore or do any aerobics. Walking is hard some times. In 1995 my

scalp and groin area were affected. In 1997, my lefts foot. In 2000

my right foot. In 2001 my left hand. In 2002, hands, feet's, back,

jaw, ankles all are affected by PA. I'm not in any medication yeah,

only anti-inflammatory. If I take the medications by Army regulations

I would stop traveling and send to a desk job. I love my job, but

sometimes is so hard to do. Stairs, rappelling, top buildings, heavy

equipment, waking are become harder to do everyday. Pain is hard, but

the mental anguish is another problem. When you work so hard to get

the job you wanted and now I'm not able to do it anymore. I was pass

for promotion because PA. According to the Army if you have PA you

are not good for them anymore. The Secret Service has been good to

me. The let me travel and do my job without any harassment do to help

problems. However they are concerned about health cost. Sometimes I

feel so lost and helpless. It took the doctors more than 4 years to

diagnose my PA.

SAM

Guest guest

-

TOM: Thank you for your respond. The problem is that I have 18 years

of active service in the military and I work for the Secret Service.

The Secret Service does not care if I have PA. As long I can do my

job. They are a bunch of good people who take care of you. However

they do not pay me or have any control over my healthcare. For pay

purposes, healthcare and disability the Army deal with that. I only

have 2 more years to retire with 50%. If the give me 40% disability

that will be lower than my 45 0r 50% regular retirement. But I need to

see the VA people because I do not understand how the disability or

medical discharge works.

The second problem is that with the Secret Service I get an additional

$1,600 dollars a month as Diet and Gas money. If I get a medical

discharge I will not get that money anymore. The 40% disability is

from your basic pay only. Does not include diet, travel pay,

miscellaneous or special duties like the secret service. I will be

very hard for us to live with that amount and 4 kids at home. If the

Army doctor starts me with the drugs he has to enter that information

in the database and automatically I will be ban from traveling because

the blood test. Bill, a secret service supervisor is trying to get me

to work in Washington full time so the military can treat me at the

Walter Medical Center or the Bethesda Naval Hospital.