RemedySpot.com

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

fatigue is the biggest issue I have had to deal with..As far as brain fog I am now blaming it on old age..LOL..No it does seem to cause that too but I think it's because we have so many unanswerd questions that it causes the brain fog...Is Greg feeling tired?? Does he have any other symptoms?? Keep us posted and hopefully we can help you out!! The best part is you being there for him..WE with Hep do need alot of understanding most of all..

Guest guest

I would ask about the condition of the liver, inflamation; A. none, B. mild, C. moderate, D. marked. Fibrosis; A. no fibrosis, B. fibrous portal expansion, C. bridging fibrosis (portal-portal or portal-central linkage), D. cirrhosis They score these and there are different ods of scoring the damage. The results of the PCR (how much virus present), the genotype. I'm not sure if you're talking about going to a class with others after you've found the answere to these things, or this is meeting with the dr to find out these things. Just a few ideas. Good luck and I hope they can put some of your fears at ease. -dz-

gandcwaltke <gandcwaltke@...> wrote: It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very excited that my husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c. Is there any Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out for a whileGreg's wife

Guest guest

If you are with others going through the same thing, ask how they deal with the meds, the fatigue, exercise. They recommend trying to keep up lite exercise to help stave off fatigue, but I have to admit I was unable to. Ask them about work and there life. What they do to cope with the treatment. etc. etc.

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

I think right now the fatigue issues for Greg are some of the more pressing.

Perhaps too the list can tell you more about that and brain fog. They can tell

you more of the viral load questions and such as well Love Mom ( Fluffy)

[ ] Hello

It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very excited that my husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c. Is there any Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out for a whileGreg's wife

Guest guest

you know that Hep does cause fatigue..I know it kicked my butt and fast..The fatigue that is...When he does go back to the Dr and a biopsy is done they can tell the damage doen to the liver better..That and bloodwork regularly..

Guest guest

I am at stage 2 with the damage..That we know for sure..I don't have much scarring as of yet though..Isn't that when cirrohis sets in??With my fatigue I try to explain it like this....When everyone else is still going strong at 5:00 I have quit at 1:00..That's the best way to explain it to some people..Seems these nit wits understand that better than plain english such as...I'm tired as hell!!!

Guest guest

even if he gets upset with you he knows you love him..Mothers are suppose to push a little..The fact that I have Hep was the biggest thing I had to deal with at first..It was real hard as I'm sure it is on greg..I felt dirty..useless...tired...and ashamed..It was hard to accept till I found everyone in here..Hey you guys it's been a year this month I've found you all..It's our anniversary!!! I've been pretty great since I've been in this group..Thought I was fixing to lose it when I found them because the Dr's didn't understand me at all but everyone here did and I am so grateful each day when I get up and see the posts!!

Guest guest

so was I at one time and now I seem to be so antisocial..It's just something we deal with in our own way..As aggrevating as it is for you to see just have patience mother dear and he'll come around..As far as tx goes is there another Dr he can go to??

Guest guest

He he he I told her it might help if you think to say your Gregs wife and Fluffys daughter in law. He he he Her name and she has one is . He he he Oh my... They are attending a class today that the HMO provides to them. They do this in leiu of the doctors providing much info I guess. Sure hope they learn something. Gregs fatique level is through the basement floor. That is hard for others to understand as he is only not quite 30 years old. So far all they have done is diagnose him he does not know his levels or if he should start treatment or anything. They said his liver numbers don't look bad so he isn't sick with it I should allow to talk for Greg or Greg himself. lives with him. But his get up go has gone up and went. No wind in those sails. And that is not the Greg I know for all his life. Fluffy Re: [ ] Hello Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask ok!!

Guest guest

This class they are attending today is sponsored through the HMO they are part of. I don't know much about it past that it is not a support group. I think it takes the place of the patient asking the doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level it is creating problems for him in a him vs them as in others in his life. They can't understand the fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult. Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel it yourself and you look fine that is hard to understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to appear like he is fine and when the work day ends its a wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to work a very physical job in construction. Greg shared with me there have been times its hits him so hard he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps pressing himself. So he has gotten into this routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The only test they did on him that I know of is the one to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes. Greg asked about treatment and they said there is none till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued breathing takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy [ ] Hello It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very excited that my husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c. Is there any Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out for a whileGreg's wife

Guest guest

All very true. I had the same problem, people didn't seem to really think I was as sick as I was. They thought I was being unsociable by not attending activities outside of work, and I missed a little extra work too. I got a statement from my dr that said generally that I would be prone to having sickness from the meds occasionally and that seemed good enough for them, I missed several days last year more than normal. -dz-

This class they are attending today is sponsored through the HMO they are part of. I don't know much about it past that it is not a support group. I think it takes the place of the patient asking the doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level it is creating problems for him in a him vs them as in others in his life. They can't understand the fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult. Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel it yourself and you look fine that is hard to understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to appear like he is fine and when the work day ends its a wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to work a very physical job in construction. Greg shared with me there have been times its hits him so hard he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps pressing himself. So he has gotten into this routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The only test they did on him that I know of is the one to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes. Greg asked about treatment and they said there is none till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued breathing takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy

[ ] Hello

It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very excited that my husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c. Is there any Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out for a whileGreg's wife

Guest guest

It could be depression.

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> He he he I told her it might help if you think to

> say your Gregs wife and Fluffys daughter in law. He

> he he Her name and she has one is . He he he

> Oh my... They are attending a class today that the

> HMO provides to them. They do this in leiu of the

> doctors providing much info I guess. Sure hope they

> learn something. Gregs fatique level is through the

> basement floor. That is hard for others to

> understand as he is only not quite 30 years old. So

> far all they have done

> is diagnose him he does not know his levels or if he

> should start treatment or anything. They said his

> liver numbers don't look bad so he isn't sick with

> it I should allow to talk for Greg or Greg

> himself. lives with him. But his get up go

> has gone up and went. No wind in those sails. And

> that is not the Greg I know for all his life.

> Fluffy

>

> Re: [ ] Hello

>

> Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions

> will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be

> plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep

> group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask

> ok!!

>

Guest guest

It could be depression.

Sharon

> He he he I told her it might help if you think to

> say your Gregs wife and Fluffys daughter in law. He

> he he Her name and she has one is . He he he

> Oh my... They are attending a class today that the

> HMO provides to them. They do this in leiu of the

> doctors providing much info I guess. Sure hope they

> learn something. Gregs fatique level is through the

> basement floor. That is hard for others to

> understand as he is only not quite 30 years old. So

> far all they have done

> is diagnose him he does not know his levels or if he

> should start treatment or anything. They said his

> liver numbers don't look bad so he isn't sick with

> it I should allow to talk for Greg or Greg

> himself. lives with him. But his get up go

> has gone up and went. No wind in those sails. And

> that is not the Greg I know for all his life.

> Fluffy

>

> Re: [ ] Hello

>

> Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions

> will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be

> plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep

> group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask

> ok!!

>

Guest guest

HMO's know nothing. I never had a symptom, my liver

enzymes weren't that high (50's) but my viral load was

>850,000 and I was almost at stage 2 liver damage.

Luckily I'm not on an HMO. They only want to make

money.

Sharon

> This class they are attending today is sponsored

> through the HMO they are part of. I don't know much

> about it past that it is not a support group. I

> think it takes the place of the patient asking the

> doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level it

> is creating problems for him in a him vs them as in

> others in his life. They can't understand the

> fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult.

> Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel it

> yourself and you look fine that is hard to

> understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when

> its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to appear

> like he is fine and when the work day ends its a

> wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to work

> a very physical job in construction. Greg shared

> with me there have been times its hits him so hard

> he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the

> swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps

> pressing himself. So he has gotten into this

> routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap

> ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The

> only test they did on him that I know of is the one

> to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes. Greg

> asked about treatment and they said there is none

> till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued breathing

> takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy

>

> [ ] Hello

>

> It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very

> excited that my

> husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c.

> Is there any

> Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out

> for a while

>

> Greg's wife

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

HMO's know nothing. I never had a symptom, my liver

enzymes weren't that high (50's) but my viral load was

>850,000 and I was almost at stage 2 liver damage.

Luckily I'm not on an HMO. They only want to make

money.

Sharon

> This class they are attending today is sponsored

> through the HMO they are part of. I don't know much

> about it past that it is not a support group. I

> think it takes the place of the patient asking the

> doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level it

> is creating problems for him in a him vs them as in

> others in his life. They can't understand the

> fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult.

> Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel it

> yourself and you look fine that is hard to

> understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when

> its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to appear

> like he is fine and when the work day ends its a

> wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to work

> a very physical job in construction. Greg shared

> with me there have been times its hits him so hard

> he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the

> swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps

> pressing himself. So he has gotten into this

> routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap

> ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The

> only test they did on him that I know of is the one

> to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes. Greg

> asked about treatment and they said there is none

> till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued breathing

> takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy

>

> [ ] Hello

>

> It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very

> excited that my

> husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c.

> Is there any

> Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out

> for a while

>

> Greg's wife

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Petra & Mike write sometime I'd love to chat yellowsbug@...

Chris

> Hi everyone.

> Before I say anything I'd like to say how impressed I am by you

all.

> My name is Petra, and I am writing on behalf of my partner, Mike,

in

> the UK. He has broken his back twice, and now has arthritis in his

> spine where the column is starting to crumble. He has little

> sensation in one of his legs. He is on pain killers that keep the

> pain down a bit, but make him fall asleep. The doctors tell him

that

> his only option is surgery, but he has a friend that had a fusion

and

> is now worse off than before. In the last few months he has

developed

> Lumbar Spinal Canal Senosis, too, and the pain in his lower legs is

> excruciating. At the moment, we are exploring all other avenues, as

> we do not want him to have surgery.

>

> As for depression, I can't remember who asked about Prozac, but

don't

> do it. Mike has been on it for 5 years, and it is addictive for

him.

> If you haven't started it yet, please consider St. 's Wort, as

a

> natural alternative. It has all the benefits of Prozac and none of

> the downsides. In tests it has been proven to be just as effective.

I

> use it during the winter when I suffer from SAD, and it is

brilliant,

> but it does take about 3 weeks to start working, usually.

>

> As someone who doesn't suffer back pain, you have really opened my

> eyes. Mike doesn't tend to complain, but I can always tell when he

is

> in pain. It is great to find somewhere where we can share the

> experience. If anyone does have any views on alternative therapies,

> such as acupuncture etc., we would love to hear them.

>

> Petra & Mike

Guest guest

This seems to be fairly common with those who have Hep C there are no real defining symptoms till one day your just low enough that you get to the doctors and some how you get diagnosed. Then people still don't see you as sick. I mostly try not to get on his case although its hard when I see him swimming in the river in egypt. Denile he he.... So one day I got on him a little bit and told him just how much I loved him and I was trying to understand but he needed to talk to me for me to be able to understand not only about Hep C but what this Hep C is like for him. He opened up a bit and I had no idea at all just how lousy hes felt for a very long time. Seems he spends a good deal of effort trying just to hide how lousy he feels. And how that has led to what I'd label depression over expectations placed on him and circumstances surrounding this virus and I was really shocked how hard its been on him. And still they have never ran his PCR or suggested a biopsy or anything to see where hes at. can tell you more what its like I guess to live with him. I just know that he needs to find some energy to even care enough to cope soon. I hope one day that there is more understanding not only about the virus itself but even the emotions of having this virus no one asked for. I know this mom loves her kidlet and I am trying very hard to try to help where I can without pushing to hard. [ ] Hello It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very excited that my husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c. Is there any Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out for a whileGreg's wife

Guest guest

, Greg will make it through this. In time he will be the old Gregg that you know. He is making his frist steps to treatment. He will feel out of it after starting treatment. But once he is through it, he will be glad he went through it. That is what I keep telling my self.

Terry

He he he I told her it might help if you think to say your Gregs wife and Fluffys daughter in law. He he he Her name and she has one is . He he he Oh my... They are attending a class today that the HMO provides to them. They do this in leiu of the doctors providing much info I guess. Sure hope they learn something. Gregs fatique level is through the basement floor. That is hard for others to understand as he is only not quite 30 years old. So far all they have done

is diagnose him he does not know his levels or if he should start treatment or anything. They said his liver numbers don't look bad so he isn't sick with it I should allow to talk for Greg or Greg himself. lives with him. But his get up go has gone up and went. No wind in those sails. And that is not the Greg I know for all his life. Fluffy

Re: [ ] Hello

Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask ok!!

Guest guest

A lot depends on the HMO & the doctor. My HMO has been very helpfull.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: HMO's know nothing. I never had a symptom, my liverenzymes weren't that high (50's) but my viral load was>850,000 and I was almost at stage 2 liver damage.Luckily I'm not on an HMO. They only want to makemoney. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> This class they are attending today is sponsored> through the HMO they are part of. I don't know much> about it past that it is not a support group. I> think it takes the place of the patient asking the> doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level it> is creating problems for him in a him vs them as in> others in his life. They can't understand the> fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult. > Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel it> yourself and you look fine that is hard to> understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when> its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to appear> like he is fine and when the work day ends its a> wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to work> a very physical job in construction. Greg shared> with me there have been times its hits him so hard> he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the> swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps> pressing himself. So he has gotten into this> routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap> ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The> only test they did on him that I know of is the one> to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes. Greg> asked about treatment and they said there is none> till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued breathing> takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy> > [ ] Hello> > It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very> excited that my > husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c.> Is there any > Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out> for a while> > Greg's wife> > > >

Guest guest

Terry if there is one thing I know about you already, you and Susy will find a way to get through this and you are going to get through this treatment. I sure wish their HMO would get a move on it where Greg is concerned. You can imagine a mom wants that dragons rear end kicked proper ..... and I'd rather it be sooner than later. You and Susy are so blessed to have each other..... and your family is so blessed to have you both. Hugs Fluffy. Re: [ ] Hello Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask ok!!

Guest guest

Oh Jan thats just the bad news part of this whole thing. They have not suggested a liver biopsy or even the PCR. Nothing. Just you have hep c go home now. Attend this class and thats it and he got diagnosed geez like what 6 months ago. Its like this HMOs treatment of this is none till he is really sick with it. And for some reason unfathomable to me Greg seems comfortable with that and if you think that drives me nuts you should see his Dad. OY!!! And we have to take a back seat anyway ahem Greg does have a wife. But the lack of treatment of any kind is just one of the reasons I have been pounding the cyber streets and beating the bushes to learn all I can on this thing. I know the fatigue is from the HepC but try to convince others of that its like beating your head on a brick wall so he just tries his darndest not to show the fatigue. He has not even gotten the vaccinations against Hep A or B and we all know that those are dangerous to him now. THUD!! And his wife has her own set of problems as she has a really severe asthma and that drains her too. So I am trying to learn all I can about asthma and thats a complicated thing too. By the way I am chicken little and the sky is falling!!! LOL Hugs Fluffy Re: [ ] Hello you know that Hep does cause fatigue..I know it kicked my butt and fast..The fatigue that is...When he does go back to the Dr and a biopsy is done they can tell the damage doen to the liver better..That and bloodwork regularly..

Guest guest

I talked to Greg about that and that might be a part of it. Although Greg is not a depressed sort of a person and he is still a newly wed. He maybe depressed over just the diagnosis or who knows just things. But he has come close to blacking out a few times. That is how they found the hep C. Thought it might be his heart found a stomach thing and in the blood work saw his liver enzymes elevated out of sight. Well those came down with treating the tummy thing but the all the rest remains most especially the fatigue. Its hard for a mom to guess if her son is depressed as well to be honest when I think of Greg I don't think of depressed. Maybe could answer that better or Greg himself. Greg used to be the life of the party so to speak a real cut up and card. Re: [ ] Hello> > Hi Greg's wife..Nice to see ya again..The questions> will come as you need them..Trust me there wil be> plenty..Glad to hear you are going to a Hep> group..It'll help ya alot..If we can help just ask> ok!! >

Guest guest

Thats my biggest fear.... they are not doing anything. Nothing nada ... told him don't drink alcohol... thats about it. [ ] Hello> > It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very> excited that my > husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c.> Is there any > Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out> for a while> > Greg's wife> > > >

Guest guest

That's great Terry. And your right. A lot depends on

the doctor.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> A lot depends on the HMO & the doctor. My HMO has

> been very helpfull.

> Terry

> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: HMO's know

> nothing. I never had a symptom, my liver

> enzymes weren't that high (50's) but my viral load

> was

> >850,000 and I was almost at stage 2 liver damage.

> Luckily I'm not on an HMO. They only want to make

> money.

> Sharon

> --- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> > This class they are attending today is sponsored

> > through the HMO they are part of. I don't know

> much

> > about it past that it is not a support group. I

> > think it takes the place of the patient asking the

> > doctor questions. Gregs fatigue is to the level

> it

> > is creating problems for him in a him vs them as

> in

> > others in his life. They can't understand the

> > fatigue. Although he has told them its difficult.

>

> > Fatigue is one of those things if you don't feel

> it

> > yourself and you look fine that is hard to

> > understand. It gets interpreted as laziness when

> > its not. Greg pushes hard on his job so as to

> appear

> > like he is fine and when the work day ends its a

> > wonder he does not go into a coma as he has to

> work

> > a very physical job in construction. Greg shared

> > with me there have been times its hits him so hard

> > he feels like hes going to pass out. He feels the

> > swosh like he is going to go out. He keeps

> > pressing himself. So he has gotten into this

> > routine of when he gets home he crashes into a nap

> > ... That and he has what he calls brain fog. The

> > only test they did on him that I know of is the

> one

> > to determine he has hep c and liver enzymes.

> Greg

> > asked about treatment and they said there is none

> > till your sick.. Well if your so fatigued

> breathing

> > takes effort aren't you sick? Gregs mom Fluffy

> >

> > [ ] Hello

> >

> > It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very

> > excited that my

> > husband and I get to go to our first class on hep

> c.

> > Is there any

> > Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang

> out

> > for a while

> >

> > Greg's wife

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Terry you are very fortunate there. I think alot has to do with the doctor. [ ] Hello> > It's me!! Thh new kid on the block. I am very> excited that my > husband and I get to go to our first class on hep c.> Is there any > Q's that we should be asking? Well we will hang out> for a while> > Greg's wife> > > >