RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Heavy metals may be implicated in autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the 'conventional' tests will look at levels in the blood - which is fine for a recent major exposure, but will not give you true results for long term, low level toxicity which is what our kids have got. The metals clear the blood relatively quickly and deposit in the brain, bones, kidneys ...... TinaZoe <zoe@...> wrote: Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?What if we all take this approach:Leave aside any question of autismProve heavy metal poisoning in our kids according to the medical profession's own criteria/testsAsk our GP's to treat our kids for heavy metal poisoningWhen the GPs say it is 'out of their

area of expertise', ask to be referred to an expertAll get referrals to DAN! Practitioners (the experts) on the NHS because there are no experts in chelating kids in the UK!!!! (unless anyone knows any?)Peta - your friend could contact the Childrens Legal Centre for advice about Social Services intrusion www.childrenslegalcentre.com and I hope she/he has made a complaint against the Paed, specifically asking (in writing) for the criteria against which a referral was made to social services. That is totally unacceptable.Zoe x> > >> > > > > > In a message dated 25/05/2006 11:03:37 GMT Standard Time, > > > sharon_asd_uk@ writes:> > > > > > Now THIS is INTERESTING> > > > > > > > > Sure is have already forwarded it to my paediatrician, telling > her > > we have > > > began using EDTA for s high lead levels and have offered > to > > give her and > > > any other staff interested a presentation on biomed when I come > > to discuss > > > s test results at the end of June (gulp) better start > >

swotting!!> > > Keep ya posted.> > > Luv Caroline> > > xxx> > >> >>

Guest guest

I think the 'conventional' tests will look at levels in the blood - which is fine for a recent major exposure, but will not give you true results for long term, low level toxicity which is what our kids have got. The metals clear the blood relatively quickly and deposit in the brain, bones, kidneys ...... TinaZoe <zoe@...> wrote: Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?What if we all take this approach:Leave aside any question of autismProve heavy metal poisoning in our kids according to the medical profession's own criteria/testsAsk our GP's to treat our kids for heavy metal poisoningWhen the GPs say it is 'out of their

area of expertise', ask to be referred to an expertAll get referrals to DAN! Practitioners (the experts) on the NHS because there are no experts in chelating kids in the UK!!!! (unless anyone knows any?)Peta - your friend could contact the Childrens Legal Centre for advice about Social Services intrusion www.childrenslegalcentre.com and I hope she/he has made a complaint against the Paed, specifically asking (in writing) for the criteria against which a referral was made to social services. That is totally unacceptable.Zoe x> > >> > > > > > In a message dated 25/05/2006 11:03:37 GMT Standard Time, > > > sharon_asd_uk@ writes:> > > > > > Now THIS is INTERESTING> > > > > > > > > Sure is have already forwarded it to my paediatrician, telling > her > > we have > > > began using EDTA for s high lead levels and have offered > to > > give her and > > > any other staff interested a presentation on biomed when I come > > to discuss > > > s test results at the end of June (gulp) better start > >

swotting!!> > > Keep ya posted.> > > Luv Caroline> > > xxx> > >> >>

Guest guest

In a message dated 25/05/2006 17:31:26 GMT Daylight Time, mark.grabiec@... writes:

This is really tricky surely social services can't take your child away for giving them supplements and chelation. This is the second instance I've heard of. I think it's important that we tell our paediatricians what we're doing and more importantly why. If there's no evidence of heavy metals then no, we shouldn't be chelating surely. If there is then evidence is evidence whether or not they are willing to swot up on it. Our paed is not happy with the amount of supplements Tom is taking. I can see her point - he's on about 32 doses a day added together! But she has referred him to Simon Murch.

>>>I wouldn;t tell Simon Murch you are chelating - I think it was him that caused a Social Services problem over chelation with my buddy in London, who is on this list but mega busy sorting the LEA. If a 'respetced doctor says its dangerous and we haven;t any real evidence to say it works, then ???

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 25/05/2006 17:31:26 GMT Daylight Time, mark.grabiec@... writes:

This is really tricky surely social services can't take your child away for giving them supplements and chelation. This is the second instance I've heard of. I think it's important that we tell our paediatricians what we're doing and more importantly why. If there's no evidence of heavy metals then no, we shouldn't be chelating surely. If there is then evidence is evidence whether or not they are willing to swot up on it. Our paed is not happy with the amount of supplements Tom is taking. I can see her point - he's on about 32 doses a day added together! But she has referred him to Simon Murch.

>>>I wouldn;t tell Simon Murch you are chelating - I think it was him that caused a Social Services problem over chelation with my buddy in London, who is on this list but mega busy sorting the LEA. If a 'respetced doctor says its dangerous and we haven;t any real evidence to say it works, then ???

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 25/05/2006 21:26:58 GMT Daylight Time, peta3366@... writes:

It's tricky 'cos once social services get involved they waste loads of time and emotional energy.

>>>and you have it on your record for ever - like when the school decided to report mer for suspected abuse because of a bruise on Sam. We werew in the paeds office within 4 hours and out again in less than 5 mins vindicated, but its still gonna sit on his records forever. Damn that bloody teacher, never mind, I got her back, she is loooong gone!

Mandi x

Guest guest

It's tricky 'cos once social services get involved they waste loads of time and emotional energy.

>>>and you have it on your record for ever - like when the school decided to report mer for suspected abuse because of a bruise on Sam. We werew in the paeds office within 4 hours and out again in less than 5 mins vindicated, but its still gonna sit on his records forever. Damn that bloody teacher, never mind, I got her back, she is loooong gone!

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

I think Tina has the NHS position down to a T.

margaret

Re: Re: Heavy metals may be implicated in autism

I think the 'conventional' tests will look at levels in the blood - which is fine for a recent major exposure, but will not give you true results for long term, low level toxicity which is what our kids have got. The metals clear the blood relatively quickly and deposit in the brain, bones, kidneys ......

TinaZoe <zoe@...> wrote:

Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?What if we all take this approach:Leave aside any question of autismProve heavy metal poisoning in our kids according to the medical profession's own criteria/testsAsk our GP's to treat our kids for heavy metal poisoningWhen the GPs say it is 'out of their area of expertise', ask to be referred to an expertAll get referrals to DAN! Practitioners (the experts) on the NHS because there are no experts in chelating kids in the UK!!!! (unless anyone knows any?)Peta - your friend could contact the Childrens Legal Centre for advice about Social Services intrusion www.childrenslegalcentre.com and I hope she/he has made a complaint against the Paed, specifically asking (in writing) for the criteria against which a referral was made to social services. That is totally unacceptable.Zoe x> > >> > > > > > In a message dated 25/05/2006 11:03:37 GMT Standard Time, > > > sharon_asd_uk@ writes:> > > > > > Now THIS is INTERESTING> > > > > > > > > Sure is have already forwarded it to my paediatrician, telling > her > > we have > > > began using EDTA for s high lead levels and have offered > to > > give her and > > > any other staff interested a presentation on biomed when I come > > to discuss > > > s test results at the end of June (gulp) better start > > swotting!!> > > Keep ya posted.> > > Luv Caroline> > > xxx> > >> >>

Guest guest

margaret

I think the 'conventional' tests will look at levels in the blood - which is fine for a recent major exposure, but will not give you true results for long term, low level toxicity which is what our kids have got. The metals clear the blood relatively quickly and deposit in the brain, bones, kidneys ......

TinaZoe <zoe@...> wrote:

Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?What if we all take this approach:Leave aside any question of autismProve heavy metal poisoning in our kids according to the medical profession's own criteria/testsAsk our GP's to treat our kids for heavy metal poisoningWhen the GPs say it is 'out of their area of expertise', ask to be referred to an expertAll get referrals to DAN! Practitioners (the experts) on the NHS because there are no experts in chelating kids in the UK!!!! (unless anyone knows any?)Peta - your friend could contact the Childrens Legal Centre for advice about Social Services intrusion www.childrenslegalcentre.com and I hope she/he has made a complaint against the Paed, specifically asking (in writing) for the criteria against which a referral was made to social services. That is totally unacceptable.Zoe x> > >> > > > > > In a message dated 25/05/2006 11:03:37 GMT Standard Time, > > > sharon_asd_uk@ writes:> > > > > > Now THIS is INTERESTING> > > > > > > > > Sure is have already forwarded it to my paediatrician, telling > her > > we have > > > began using EDTA for s high lead levels and have offered > to > > give her and > > > any other staff interested a presentation on biomed when I come > > to discuss > > > s test results at the end of June (gulp) better start > > swotting!!> > > Keep ya posted.> > > Luv Caroline> > > xxx> > >> >>

Guest guest

margaret

TinaZoe <zoe@...> wrote:

Guest guest

In a message dated 25/05/2006 21:42:12 GMT Daylight Time, peta3366@... writes:

Charlie which could be dangerous then he would have to tell someone - his example was injecting him with arsenic and I said what like injecting him with mercury!

>>>what a bloody wonderful answer that was you gave - I think I need to frame it LOL

Mandi x

Guest guest

Charlie which could be dangerous then he would have to tell someone - his example was injecting him with arsenic and I said what like injecting him with mercury!

>>>what a bloody wonderful answer that was you gave - I think I need to frame it LOL

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 28/05/2006 23:44:54 GMT Daylight Time, zoe@... writes:

Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?

>>>Blood. Which is why I manipulated my test timing so I could 'prove' by thier criteria Sam has heavy metal toxicity. Whether it does any good we shall see but I am not giving up, but you knew that anyways LOL

Mandi x

Guest guest

Does anybody know what criteria the medical profession use to diagnose heavy metal poisoning? What test/s do they use - in children if possible?

>>>Blood. Which is why I manipulated my test timing so I could 'prove' by thier criteria Sam has heavy metal toxicity. Whether it does any good we shall see but I am not giving up, but you knew that anyways LOL

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Guest guest

Sounds dreadful, but yes you are right it might pay to be a bit

selective. Hard though.

On 29 May 2006, at 12:30, Mum231ASD@... wrote:

> In a message dated 25/05/2006 17:31:26 GMT Daylight Time,

> mark.grabiec@... writes:

>> This is really tricky surely social services can't take your child

>> away for giving them supplements and chelation.  This is the second

>> instance I've heard of. I think it's important that we tell our

>> paediatricians what we're doing and more importantly why. If there's

>> no evidence of heavy metals then no, we shouldn't be chelating

>> surely. If there is then evidence is evidence whether or not they

>> are willing to swot up on it.  Our paed is not happy with the amount

>> of supplements Tom is taking.  I can see her point - he's on about

>> 32 doses a day added together!  But she has referred him to Simon

>> Murch.>>>I wouldn;t tell Simon Murch you are chelating - I think it

>> was him that caused a Social Services problem over chelation with my

>> buddy in London, who is on this list but mega busy sorting the LEA.

>> If a 'respetced doctor says its dangerous and we haven;t any real

>> evidence to say it works, then ???

>  

> Mandi x

>

>

> DISCLAIMER

> No information contained in this post is to be construed as medical

> advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably

> qualified practitioner.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

selective. Hard though.

>  

> Mandi x

>

>

> DISCLAIMER

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

selective. Hard though.

>  

> Mandi x

>

>

> DISCLAIMER

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I loved it too J Sara xx

Re:

Re: Heavy metals may be implicated in autism

In a message dated 25/05/2006 21:42:12 GMT Daylight Time,

peta3366@... writes:

Charlie

which could be dangerous then he would have to

tell someone - his example was injecting him with arsenic and I said

what like injecting him with mercury!

>>>what a bloody wonderful answer that was you

gave - I think I need to frame it LOL

Mandi x

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.7.2/349 - Release Date: 26/05/2006

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Guest guest

I loved it too J Sara xx

Re:

peta3366@... writes:

Charlie

Mandi x

--

--

Guest guest

I loved it too J Sara xx

Re:

peta3366@... writes:

Charlie

Mandi x

--

--

Guest guest

<http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/images/nlogoblue.gif>

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=nkag7vbab.0.g9ig7vbab.faomd6n6.1 & p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww

..newscientist.com%2Farticle.ns%3Fid%3Dmg19025535.400%26feedId%3Donline-news_

rss20>

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg19025535.400 & feedId=online-news_

rss20

Heavy metals may be implicated in autism

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=nkag7vbab.0.h9ig7vbab.faomd6n6.1 & p=http%3A%2F%2Fads

erver.adtech.de%2F%3Fadlink%7C2.0%7C289%7C113656%7C1%7C170%7CADTECH%3Bgrp%3D

152926782%3Bloc%3D300%3B>

URINE samples from hundreds of French children have yielded evidence for a

link between autism and exposure to heavy metals. If validated, the findings

might mean some cases of autism could be treated with drugs that purge the

body of heavy metals.

Samples from children with autism contained abnormally high levels of a

family of proteins called porphyrins, which are precursors in the production

of haem, the oxygen-carrying component in haemoglobin. Heavy metals block

haem production, causing porphyrins to accumulate in urine. Concentrations

of one molecule, coproporphyrin, were 2.6 times as high in urine from

children with autism as in controls.

Autism is thought to have a number of unknown genetic and environmental

causes. Lathe of Pieta Research in Edinburgh, UK, says he has found

one of these factors. " It's highly likely that heavy metals are responsible

for childhood autistic disorder in a majority of cases, " he claims. The

study will appear in Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.

Lathe says these porphyrin metabolites bind to receptors in the brain and

have been linked with epilepsy and autism.

The researchers restored porphyrin concentrations to normal in 12 children

by treating them with " chelation " drugs that mop up heavy metals and are

then excreted. It is not yet known whether the children's symptoms have

eased, but Lathe cites anecdotal reports suggesting the drugs might do some

good.

--------------------------------------------

The study is available online at:

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=nkag7vbab.0.i9ig7vbab.faomd6n6.1 & p=http%3A%2F%2Ffil

ariane.org%2Fanglais%2FDOC%2FMSFINAL.pdf>

http://filariane.org/anglais/DOC/MSFINAL.pdf

Think Autism. Think Cure.

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=nkag7vbab.0.cnfjh6n6.faomd6n6.1 & p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.

nationalautismassociation.org%2F> Click here to visit our website