RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cold weather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LDN, is not a stand alone treatment. It helps balance the immune syste. Good diet, and controling yeast, mold exposure and insuring lyme is ruled out by actual tests from Igenex. Even Igenex id only 85-90% effective.Some negatives becomes possitves later on. Positives are postive and you have lyme. Also, interpretation per CDC is not appropriate. Lyme and MS symptoms can be identical.

Also, vitamin D is iportant, but NOT supplements. 10-15 mins a day, real sun exposure is all that is needed. NO chemical D, in my opinion.

From: low dose naltrexone on behalf of pjtaylor150Sent: Thu 1/7/2010 11:09 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Cold Weather

My husband has been on LDN for a few years and has done great. He had drop foot on his right foot. He got the Walkaide and was doing great. He was walking with little problems. Then around two weeks ago his legs became stiff and his feet became very numb. At that time the weather became very cold so we were wondering if anyone has ever experience the cold weather making them worst. And if so what did you do? We were really trying to figure out what could have cause him to have a set-back. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? And by the way I was the first person to have Medicare pay for the walkaide for MS. It is a great device and it re-educates the nerve.

Guest guest

I have MS and see a trainer once a week.

He believes that weather and weather-related stiffness are a huge

problem, but a solvable one. I've complained to him many times that

I thought the disease was progressing, and he has worked out the stiffness.

Based on this experience (over two years' worth) I strongly recommend

finding a trainer who is sensitive to disability-related issues. It

has been a huge help to me.

Guest guest

The D chemicals, are not the same, and your body does not respond the same. In my opinion. Eatting salmon on other things helps body make D,with very small exposure to sunlight. This is a whole new topic. I like the natural approach. That is the way GOD designed it. In my opinion

From: JOYCE MARTINO [mailto:jam2006@...]Sent: Thu 1/7/2010 12:09 PMpjtaylor150; low dose naltrexone ; Ron BallSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Cold Weather

Well, many people can't get great SUN year round and it takes more than 15 min if your Vit D tank is empty. Mine was in 2006 in spite of living in So. Cal. I just don't take SUN like I did all the years prior to my early 50's. I'm now 71 and take 5K of D3 daily and my energy and depressive issues are pretty much gone. When I was tested for Vit D, I was very deficient.

In my SUN years, I would spend hours on the beach and just sucking in the SUN, but I don't do that anymore. Vit D deficiency is epidemic in our population. Old people sitting around dying could be so helped with supplementation. I'm convinced of this.

And even here in So. Cal. my joints hurt more when it's colder and less sun shining in my apt.

RE: [low dose naltrexone] Cold Weather

LDN, is not a stand alone treatment. It helps balance the immune syste. Good diet, and controling yeast, mold exposure and insuring lyme is ruled out by actual tests from Igenex. Even Igenex id only 85-90% effective.Some negatives becomes possitves later on. Positives are postive and you have lyme. Also, interpretation per CDC is not appropriate. Lyme and MS symptoms can be identical.

Also, vitamin D is iportant, but NOT supplements. 10-15 mins a day, real sun exposure is all that is needed. NO chemical D, in my opinion.

From: low dose naltrexone on behalf of pjtaylor150Sent: Thu 1/7/2010 11:09 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Cold Weather

My husband has been on LDN for a few years and has done great. He had drop foot on his right foot. He got the Walkaide and was doing great. He was walking with little problems. Then around two weeks ago his legs became stiff and his feet became very numb. At that time the weather became very cold so we were wondering if anyone has ever experience the cold weather making them worst. And if so what did you do? We were really trying to figure out what could have cause him to have a set-back. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? And by the way I was the first person to have Medicare pay for the walkaide for MS. It is a great device and it re-educates the nerve.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.725 / Virus Database: 270.14.129/2605 - Release Date: 01/06/10 23:35:00

Guest guest

Hey Skip,

For someone who has MS and they're taking LDN, what vitamins /supplements do you

recommend /suggest they take along with it, anything?

Art

--

>

> This change of season issue is very common in the MS population. There

> was a product that we compounded several years ago for MS patients. There

> was always a problem during the spring and fall with it not working anymore.

> It was like clock work. One of our patients, who was stable and being

> helped by the product had the same problems every year. The benefits of the

> drug was greatly reduced and we would play with dosing for a couple of

> weeks, and voila we would get back to the drug working, usually at the

> pre-problem dose.

> Dr.Skip.

>