RemedySpot.com
Guest guest

thank you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am thanking every one for your responses to my sad day

it is comforting to know that i am not alone for 2 reasons

number one is this air family -- i always wish we lived closer so we could all get together

number two is that i am not the only one experiencing this kind of thing and that other people understand

one of my newer friends lives in back of me, we met when i first moved in, but i knew she had lots of family, and thought she was always busy

in the last year we have become much more friendly and she is kind of like me

shy, not assertive, has had many blue days, a widow in her 50's

a couple of years ago she joined this group that meets on Tuesdays, last year she brought me as a guest and i joined too

the people, mostly women, but a few men, are very nice, most seem down to earth and it gives me something to do and gets me out of the house

they are a lot older than me-- 70's and 80's and 90's --

then my neighbor, her name is Joy, wanted to start playing Mah jongg, so she organized a group of 6 women, so i made a couple of new friends or acquaintances that way, one of the ladies [stella] i already knew, but not well, she lives next door to Joy, and one of the women, Muriel, is my friend from the other Mah Jongg games that i am in and i invited her to join the Thursday nite game

stella invited her friend, Honey, to join

Stella and Honey met because both husbands are in the same nursing home and they have become good friends

Honey's daughter in law organized a Mah jongg luncheon with her freinds that included bringing their moms -- so the thursday nite group went and had a great day

Honey is the one who told me about the art classes at a senior center, so i joined that

the women at the art class also meet in someone's house on Tuesdays and invited me to come

so now i take turns with the Tuesday meetings, the Tuesday art group and the Tuesday doctor appointments

back to Muriel, she is a snow bird, right now she is in Florida for the winter, i really look forward to her coming back in the spring, she is one of the nicer, down to earth ladies

back to Bruce's post about joining stuff, this is something that i have already done,

i think my blue days were because i was sick and stuck in for a couple of weeks, and some of the activities stopped for the holidays

plus jerry was home all last week, so i had company for an entire week

and the weather is so cold, that i limit my going outside

it is even too cold for me to walk the dog

on wednesday, i stood outside with him, wearing my cold weather mask, and still had a coughing spell

yes, sometimes i do vent a lot more than other times

most of the time, i hold everything in and just give short, to the point responses

thanks again for sharing with me about your experiences

Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09

www.transplantfund.org