RemedySpot.com
Guest guest

question regarding meds and O2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Only if your O2 blood level is well above the 90% mark while at rest or engaged in lite activity should you consider not using supplemental O2, and even then discuss that with your pulmonologist. Besides the possible harm to your heart due to an increased load as it tries to pump oxygen throughout your body, you would certainly feel more tired and much sooner in the day, as your recovery time from exertion would be greater.

That being said, almost 4 years ago, I was able to loose 50 pounds through exercise and good eating habits, and the benefit was that I was able to get off O2 for the time being. But I never shyed away from using O2 if I needed it for getting in relly good shape. Using the O2 meter constantly as I exercised, I could work out with confidence. If during exercise you find your O2 level dropping below 90%, adjust the O2 upward and keep going. Our need for oxygen varies with activity, and thus our O2 supplementation needs will vary. The more you can stay active, the better your chances for needing less O2 supplementation. But in the mean time, I strongly suggest staying the course.

As for Cellcept, I don't take it, but you may be having some side-effects which may include anxiety, tiredness, upset stomach, or headache. These side effects may increase with dosage, but do consult with your pulmonoligist first before taking the cold turkey route on meds. Unfortunately treatment for pf is limited, but hopefully one day soon, we'll have better options So hang in there and do all you can for yourself, if and until that day comes.

Jerry/Mississippi/54/IPF/dx April 05

Who believes that hard times help us appreciate the good times even more.