RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Exercise Rehab Class today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well today I had my first exercise rehab class. It felt good to exercise but I’m definitely feeling tired tonight. We did warm-up exercises and then three pieces of equipment and some exercises using weights (I chose to start with 2lbs) and then a cool-down. She had me do 6-min on each piece of equipment. The bike had a really nice backrest on it. I had my O2 set at 3lpm and cycled fairly slow and stayed in the 90s on my sats. Then came the treadmill. Believe it or not I have never been on a treadmill! That was much more difficult for me, she said I was pulling the belt instead of walking normal. Then she took my sats and they dropped to 88, so we turned up the O2 to 4lpm and a slower walk setting and I came back up to 92. I started getting the hang of it and walked more normal. Then I used something called a Nu-Step and did okay on 3lpm. The others in the class

were men all heart patients. It was a small class but they said normally there are more, must have been because of the holiday.

All-in-all it was a good class and I look forward to Wednesday.

C_53_Familial IPF_5/09, Washington

HOPE doesn't disappoint!