RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Something I just learned......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We're a very small percentage of all PF patients so sometimes we get impressions based on a non-representative group. In doing some research today, one thing I learned that was new to me is what facility performs the most lung transplants in the US. University of Pittsburgh. 118 lung tranplants in 2008. For those who have been told age is a factor against them, I should also note that over 36% of those who received transplants at U of Pitt were 65 or older. We have several members here who also go to Penn and some who go to Temple as well. We talk about a National Registry. It should be noted that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania designated a $500,000 grant award in the

2006–2007 budget to the University of Pittsburgh to establish the

Pennsylvania Lung Fibrosis Registry. The participants in the registry are:Penn State Medical College, Hershey Medical CenterUniversity of Pennsylvania, Penn Lung CenterTemple University, Temple Lung Center and PA-ScopeGeisinger Center for Health Research and Rural Advocacy and Pulmonary GroupUniversity of Pittsburgh, Center for Interstitial Lungs DiseasesPitt, Penn and Temple perform approximately 15% of all lung transplants in the US.