RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: bfing and starting diet-now intro w/ questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry it's taking so long to write back, alot of things going on in my life right now. I go by Jewellz. I live in the PNW. I have 5 kiddos, 7yr old dd, 5yr old ds, 3 yr old dd, 21m old ds and a 4m old dd. About 3 years ago our family was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance, mostly because of my 5 year old son, it could be celiacs but we had already gone off to a total elimination diet when they did the blood work. He had a lot of physical/mental (autistic) symptoms that has almost cleared up when we went on the gluten free diet. Had my 2nd dd just before the celiac diagnosis and she started getting colicky around 3-4 months old-screaming in pain, arching her back, scrunching up her tummy-turned out to be reacting to the cow dairy I was eating, in my breastmilk, was able to have goat milk products. So I had to

go gfdf at the same time. Her intolerance went away at 9 months -able to breastfeed her until 14 months old . Now she only get mostly mental symptoms when ingesting gluten along with my oldest and that's the only food intolerances that I have noticed. Had my 4th child and he started reacting to dairy including goat dairy in my breastmilk within a few days of his birth. Gripe water worked wonders while getting the dairy out of my diet. Then when he was 9 months old he started reacting to eggs. Now he's gluten free, dairy free, egg free. And our family is avoiding soy because thyroid problems run in the family. Then my youngest was born-I decided to stop dairy in the pregnancy because I became lactose intolerant or something similar and I wanted to have a good newborn time and not deal with colicky symptoms along with sleep deprivation so I stopped it well ahead of her birth along with eating egg products although I

did let it sneak in in one particular product but it wasn't very often. Now she's reacting to garlic and possibly nuts. So avoiding foods are not a problem, I have learned that, just coming up with different food recipes is difficult. I don't have crohn's or UC or any of those that I know of. I do have a gluten intolerance and leaky gut. So I'm mostly going on this diet to heal my gut so that hopefully my future children will not end up intolerant or allergic to all these foods. And to heal my gut for my own sake, but mostly for my kids. I had a colonoscopy about 2.5-3yrs ago and it was perfectly fine. Biopsy came back negative and it all looked good. So I'm just thinking leaky gut. I'm tired of my babies getting sick with these food reactions and scared that something will cause problems. Like I took a natural prenatal and my daughter started having breathing problems. And I was sick and took a bunch of Vitamin C and my daughter was the

one that got diarrhea. Things are leaking in my breastmilk and I want to fix that. I believe breastmilk is best and if this keeps up I'll have to give them formula and I really don't want that.I tried to do this diet a year or so ago and couldn't because I was breastfeeding and pregnant and not as committed as I am now. So I want to start now before I get pregnant and not have enough energy to properly prepare foods and to be in a good stage when I do get pregnant that I will have more food options. I already have the probiotic, multi-vitamin, calcium, yogurt starter, and enzymes by Freeda and GI Pro Health that are SCD compliant. Need to get Vitamin D and C and fish oils. I just don't know when I should add them into the diet so any help on that would be great. I also want to add the S. Boulardii, but when should I do that?I had forgotten about epsom salt baths. How often would you do them? Every day, once a week?Thank

you in advance for your help. ~Jewellz Hello! I didn't catch your name,I understand why you are worried, but those bad bacteria that are causing you colitis symptoms are already putting toxins into your body -- it is their natural by-product. If your situation isn't completely dire, I would ease into starting SCD. By this, I mean doing something like the Moderator, Marilyn, did when she started it. Begin by dropping one illegal a week. Say bread

one week, pasta, the next, sugar after that, and so on so that you minimize the die off. Then once you have

eliminated all illegals, do the intro diet and add back in foods from there. Another thing you can do is take epsom salt baths to help with the body getting rid of the toxins. Amelia