RemedySpot.com

forwarded by request

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for your reply, Beth. I'm 71 and diagnosed for 1yr. Just returned from 10 days in Israel. Had a hard time 'keeping up' at some locations; but, enjoyed the trip, nonetheless.

The dry cough that I experienced was annoying. Saw from on-line research there was a study at J-H. They accepted me and I had to travel to Baltimore three times for double-blind study that lasted for three twelve week segments.

The first twelve weeks it was obvious to me that I was taking the Thalidomide. My cough ceased and the side effects began. Constipation was the worst. When I stopped, the cough did not return until the cold weather began this winter. Fortunately, I live in LA and the severe weather is minimal.

As a result of having participated, I receive the drug, gratis. It is a toxic drug. It does make one sleep, also. Dreams are affected.

The goal of the study is to have T approved for the cough indication. At that time, it should be approved for Medicare and private insurance.

No one is willing to give me a prognosis. I'm not looking for guarantees, but, would like to know what the history of others has been.

When I quit riding my bicycle due to the weather, I was riding 5-6 miles with no problems. I'm anxious to resume and determine if I'm still able to do this. I was 'spinning' for 30 min. three times a week until about 14 mos. ago.

I welcome any and all info.

spec

Spec,I was not on a thalidomide trial, but was put on thalidomide by a doctor at UCLA, who gave it to me based on a British study. I will agree with you that it did work. I wish I was still on it, but the doc I saw at UCLA left, and the new one said there was no basis for it to work. I also agree 1000% about the constipation. By the way, welcome to the group!arghKathy ILD/Hypersensitivity pneumonitis 3/08sSubject: forwarded by requestTo: "Breathe Support" <Breathe-Support >Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 2:23

PM

Thank you for your reply, Beth. I'm 71 and diagnosed for 1yr. Just returned from 10 days in Israel. Had a hard time 'keeping up' at some locations; but, enjoyed the trip, nonetheless.

The dry cough that I experienced was annoying. Saw from on-line research there was a study at J-H. They accepted me and I had to travel to Baltimore three times for double-blind study that lasted for three twelve week segments.

The first twelve weeks it was obvious to me that I was taking the Thalidomide. My cough ceased and the side effects began. Constipation was the worst. When I stopped, the cough did not return until the cold weather began this winter. Fortunately, I live in LA and the severe weather is minimal.

As a result of having participated, I receive the drug, gratis. It is a toxic drug. It does make one sleep, also. Dreams are affected.

The goal of the study is to have T approved for the cough indication. At that time, it should be approved for Medicare and private insurance.

No one is willing to give me a prognosis. I'm not looking for guarantees, but, would like to know what the history of others has been.

When I quit riding my bicycle due to the weather, I was riding 5-6 miles with no problems. I'm anxious to resume and determine if I'm still able to do this. I was 'spinning' for 30 min. three times a week until about 14 mos. ago.

I welcome any and all info.

spec