Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: day at the ER

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thanks bruce

interesting that they are calling it bronchitis

they gave me a print out about brochitis

among the causes are tobacco smoke, air pollution, or viral or bacterial infection

on thursday nite, we broiled a steak, the fumes set off the smoke detector, and then i felt it in my chest all evening

turned on oven on Friday, something had to burn off, more fumes

had a coughing spell later that evening after swallowing saliva wrong

last Sunday, went to a party at a homeless shelter, after i got there i was sorry that i went, so i kept my distance from the people who live there

need to clean the oven -- will have to open windows when i do it

Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09

www.transplantfund.org---

Subject: Re: day at the ERTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 7:20 PM

PinkSorry you're sick but glad you went and got checked and meds. Justbecause the first test didn't indicate flu, don't assume you don't haveit. There are many false negatives (few false positives). Either waystay on top of it. You certainly did the right things in contacting thepulmonologist' s office and then making that dreaded trip to ER.Great that your pulmonologist has someone on call like that.One thing we do is sometimes have a fever, take aspirin or tylenol andthen its gone, then say no fever. Well, that doesn't really count as"having no fever" because of the fever meds.Hope you're better quickly and glad you're seeing him on Wednesday. Ifit worsens before or feels more flu like then be sure you call again.Really does make me feel good though to see you taking steps as you did.Anytime we debate should we call or should we go, that pretty much tellsus

yes.Now, get well.>> can't always tell if a cold is coming due to symptoms being similar topf>> felt like it for a couple of days>> yesterday. checked temp a couple of times -- normal> took a mucinex dm in mid afternoon to "dry me up" it also makes mesleep>> last nite i felt a fever coming on> around 4 am, it was s100.7> took 2 baby aspirin and went back to bed>> couldn't sleep, should i call pulmonary on a Sunday -- there is alwayssomeone on call>> should i go to ER -- don't feel that sick but...>> didn't get h1n1 yet, so maybe i should go and

get checked out, just incase>> pulmonary prescribed zpack and suggested tamilflu>> decided to go to er and was told to ask for a flu test, er was to pagepulmonary with results>> spent several hours there>> blood work, 2 breathing treatments, chest xray, hi dose of a steriod>> everything was normal, said i have bronchitis>> want me to increase predinsone for 3 days>> i see the regular pulmonary on wednesday anyway, so the timing wasgood>> prescribed an inhaler -- i have trouble using them, it makes mecough>> instead of the usual dry cough, just call me "froggy", that's how isound>>> Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania> Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09> www.transplantfund. org>

Guest guest

i did get a script for the spacer

inhalers make me cough

jerry wasn't sure if i wanted to spend the $24--

glad to hear your recommendation

thanks

Subject: Re: day at the ERTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 8:26 PM

Hey Joyce. Sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope you start feeling better soon. I used to have a hard time using inhalers also. I recently started using a spacer with my inhaler. It's much easier and causes "less" coughing. You can only get a spacer by prescription. It's worth asking for when you go to the doctor on Wednesday. When using the inhaler by itself the medicine shoots directly to the back of your throat.To me it feels like air is being force into my lungs and my body reacts by closing my throat and coughing. When I use a spacer the medicine stays in the chamber until I've breathed it in voluntary. Much easier. Again, I hope you feel better!!! 34 FLIPF dx 1/06> >> > can't always tell if a cold is coming due to symptoms being similar to> pf> >> > felt like it for a couple of days> >> > yesterday. checked temp a couple of times -- normal> > took a mucinex dm in mid afternoon to "dry me up" it also makes me> sleep> >> > last nite i felt a fever coming on> > around 4 am, it was s100.7> > took 2 baby aspirin and went back to bed>

>> > couldn't sleep, should i call pulmonary on a Sunday -- there is always> someone on call> >> > should i go to ER -- don't feel that sick but...> >> > didn't get h1n1 yet, so maybe i should go and get checked out, just in> case> >> > pulmonary prescribed zpack and suggested tamilflu> >> > decided to go to er and was told to ask for a flu test, er was to page> pulmonary with results> >> > spent several hours there> >> > blood work, 2 breathing treatments, chest xray, hi dose of a steriod> >> > everything was normal, said i have bronchitis> >> > want me to increase predinsone for 3 days> >> > i see the regular pulmonary on wednesday anyway, so the timing was> good> >> > prescribed an inhaler -- i have trouble using

them, it makes me> cough> >> > instead of the usual dry cough, just call me "froggy", that's how i> sound> >> >> > Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania> > Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09> > www.transplantfund. org> >>

Guest guest

Mine cost $45.Beverley Joy,71, UIP,NSIP 1-09,Diabetes,Sjogren's,Fibromyalgia Idaho

From: hunnybunnybinky <brandy (AT) burnspc (DOT) com>Subject: Re: day at the ERTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 8:26 PM

Hey Joyce. Sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope you start feeling better soon. I used to have a hard time using inhalers also. I recently started using a spacer with my inhaler. It's much easier and causes "less" coughing. You can only get a spacer by prescription. It's worth asking for when you go to the doctor on Wednesday. When using the inhaler by itself the medicine shoots directly to the back of your throat.To me it feels like air is being force into my lungs and my body reacts by closing my throat and coughing. When I use a spacer the medicine stays in the chamber until I've breathed it in voluntary. Much easier. Again, I hope you feel better!!! 34 FLIPF dx 1/06> >> > can't always tell if a cold is coming due to symptoms being similar to> pf> >> > felt like it for a couple of days> >> > yesterday. checked temp a couple of times -- normal> > took a mucinex dm in mid afternoon to "dry me up" it also makes me> sleep> >> > last nite i felt a fever coming on> > around 4 am, it was s100.7> > took 2 baby aspirin and went back to bed>

>> > couldn't sleep, should i call pulmonary on a Sunday -- there is always> someone on call> >> > should i go to ER -- don't feel that sick but...> >> > didn't get h1n1 yet, so maybe i should go and get checked out, just in> case> >> > pulmonary prescribed zpack and suggested tamilflu> >> > decided to go to er and was told to ask for a flu test, er was to page> pulmonary with results> >> > spent several hours there> >> > blood work, 2 breathing treatments, chest xray, hi dose of a steriod> >> > everything was normal, said i have bronchitis> >> > want me to increase predinsone for 3 days> >> > i see the regular pulmonary on wednesday anyway, so the timing was> good> >> > prescribed an inhaler -- i have trouble using

them, it makes me> cough> >> > instead of the usual dry cough, just call me "froggy", that's how i> sound> >> >> > Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania> > Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09> > www.transplantfund. org> >>

Guest guest

beverley

thanks for the info

does it help you?

Subject: Re: Re: day at the ERTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 14, 2009, 12:59 AM

Mine cost $45.Beverley Joy,71, UIP,NSIP 1-09,Diabetes, Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia Idaho

From: hunnybunnybinky <brandy (AT) burnspc (DOT) com>Subject: Re: day at the ERTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 8:26 PM

Hey Joyce. Sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope you start feeling better soon. I used to have a hard time using inhalers also. I recently started using a spacer with my inhaler. It's much easier and causes "less" coughing. You can only get a spacer by prescription. It's worth asking for when you go to the doctor on Wednesday. When using the inhaler by itself the medicine shoots directly to the back of your throat.To me it feels like air is being force into my lungs and my body reacts by closing my throat and coughing. When I use a spacer the medicine stays in the chamber until I've breathed it in voluntary. Much easier. Again, I hope you feel better!!! 34 FLIPF dx 1/06> >> > can't always tell if a cold is coming due to symptoms being similar to> pf> >> > felt like it for a couple of days> >> > yesterday. checked temp a couple of times -- normal> > took a mucinex dm in mid afternoon to "dry me up" it also makes me> sleep> >> > last nite i felt a fever coming on> > around 4 am, it was s100.7> > took 2 baby aspirin and went back to bed> >> > couldn't sleep, should i call pulmonary on a Sunday -- there is always> someone

on call> >> > should i go to ER -- don't feel that sick but...> >> > didn't get h1n1 yet, so maybe i should go and get checked out, just in> case> >> > pulmonary prescribed zpack and suggested tamilflu> >> > decided to go to er and was told to ask for a flu test, er was to page> pulmonary with results> >> > spent several hours there> >> > blood work, 2 breathing treatments, chest xray, hi dose of a steriod> >> > everything was normal, said i have bronchitis> >> > want me to increase predinsone for 3 days> >> > i see the regular pulmonary on wednesday anyway, so the timing was> good> >> > prescribed an inhaler -- i have trouble using them, it makes me> cough> >> > instead of the usual dry cough, just call me

"froggy", that's how i> sound> >> >> > Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania> > Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09> > www.transplantfund. org> >>

Guest guest

mine too! But Pink, it does help.Roxanne, 59, South Carolina

2006 Asthma/ PF

2008 PF/ Sarcoidosis/Gerd

I pray you enough.....

Guest guest

None of the inhalers seem to do much for me but if I was using it I would want the spacer.Beverley Joy,71, UIP,NSIP 1-09,Diabetes,Sjogren's,Fibromyalgia Idaho

Hey Joyce. Sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope you start feeling better soon. I used to have a hard time using inhalers also. I recently started using a spacer with my inhaler. It's much easier and causes "less" coughing. You can only get a spacer by prescription. It's worth asking for when you go to the doctor on Wednesday. When using the inhaler by itself the medicine shoots directly to the back of your throat.To me it feels like air is being force into my lungs and my body reacts by closing my throat and coughing. When I use a spacer the medicine stays in the chamber until I've breathed it in voluntary. Much easier. Again, I hope you feel better!!! 34 FLIPF dx 1/06> >> > can't always tell if a cold is coming due to symptoms being similar to> pf> >> > felt like it for a couple of days> >> > yesterday. checked temp a couple of times -- normal> > took a mucinex dm in mid afternoon to "dry me up" it also makes me> sleep> >> > last nite i felt a fever coming on> > around 4 am, it was s100.7> > took 2 baby aspirin and went back to bed> >> > couldn't sleep, should i call pulmonary on a Sunday -- there is always>

someone

on call> >> > should i go to ER -- don't feel that sick but...> >> > didn't get h1n1 yet, so maybe i should go and get checked out, just in> case> >> > pulmonary prescribed zpack and suggested tamilflu> >> > decided to go to er and was told to ask for a flu test, er was to page> pulmonary with results> >> > spent several hours there> >> > blood work, 2 breathing treatments, chest xray, hi dose of a steriod> >> > everything was normal, said i have bronchitis> >> > want me to increase predinsone for 3 days> >> > i see the regular pulmonary on wednesday anyway, so the timing was> good> >> > prescribed an inhaler -- i have trouble using them, it makes me> cough> >> > instead of the usual dry cough, just call me

"froggy", that's how i> sound> >> >> > Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania> > Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09> > www.transplantfund. org> >>