RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Speaking of stress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh MB, I am so sorry you are having a rough spot. You are the one telling us all to please take care of ourselves well, back to you.Don't make me hit the road in my hovercraft and come to NC.. it does go 25 mph ya know..I love you, Take Care of YOU.

Love & PrayersPeggy, IPF 2004

Guest guest

That's surely a big fat Downer MB......have FUN get ITCHY...NAaaaaaaah.......we can't ahve THAT happening to YOU!

In future....Family Festivities must have YOU as the Reigning Royal Queen Bee........just let those Drones bring back ALL the Honey...OK!

>> Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take a toll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking from immediate personal experience. > > Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with an inflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out slowly on Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't attribute it to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've been feeling particularly weak and exhausted.> > I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday. She says it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress related. Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress. I had a great, if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yell for help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so and then we'll move the dose back down again. > > I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put me in a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful my doctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before it effects my lungs. > > Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind of exercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know who first said it on this board but every once in a while it's good to call a 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!> > Beth> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>

Guest guest

Thank you Bruce. I'm really fine. When it started a day or two before Christmas I attributed the red itchy spot on my neck and my itchy back to plain old winter dry skin. It's been cold here in NC since Thanksgiving and it made sense for a couple of days. But no amount of lotion or Eucerin was touching it which was odd if it was just dry skin. But what pushed me to call the doctor was I reached around to scratch my back one day and I almost went through the roof. My fingernails felt like knives. I tried to get a look at my back in the mirror and it was a dark brick red and slightly swollen...very weird. That's when I knew I needed to at least consult the doctor and I'm glad I did.

Hopefully the increased Imuran will get things back under control. I can't take anything that might make me drowsy. They are always adamant about that because of my history with sedatives. So I'm taking Zyrtec and it helps enough so that I can sleep at night. Hopefully in a day or two the extra Imuran will kick in and start to clear this up. It's very aggravating.

Your description of your hands sets off all the little bells in my head. It really makes me wonder about DM or something similar with you. I know you've been tested up the wazoo.....I'll be curious to see what they say at Duke.

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 6:48:55 PMSubject: Re: Speaking of stress

BethSorry to hear about the rash as I've been bothered even more than normalby rashes the last few weeks and have bought enough lotion to own thestore by now, taken enough oatmeal baths. Mine is attributed so far tojust the dryness in having to run the heat so much due to the coldtemperatures. My hands are raw and both burn and itch. I also had bloodtaken today for allergies to be checked just to see if anything new andexciting. Of course, as to connective tissue, still nothing discoveredin my case but maybe something will be at Duke.I do believe stress could certainly cause your dermatomyositis to flarelike that. Have you found anything that helps? The one oral med I wasgiven was Hydroxyzine. Unfortunately, I overreact to it in terms ofdrowsiness. So, I may benefit a bit but can only take one and it's naptime. May help a little at bedtime if I don't need to get up before noonthe

next day.Does it look like your hand rash from Dermatomyositis? I'm sure mine isnothing like yours but I still can feel your suffering. I'm fine dealingwith the IPF if this other stuff would just stop popping up.>> Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take atoll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking fromimmediate personal experience.>> Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with aninflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out slowlyon Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't attributeit to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap,shampoo, laundry

detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've beenfeeling particularly weak and exhausted.>> I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday. Shesays it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress related.Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress. I had a great,if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yellfor help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so andthen we'll move the dose back down again.>> I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put mein a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful mydoctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before iteffects my lungs.>> Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind ofexercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know whofirst said it on this board but

every once in a while it's good to calla 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!>> Beth> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>

Guest guest

Thanks Joyce!

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 7:16:37 PMSubject: Re: Speaking of stress

feel better soon

Pink Joyce R (IPF 3/06) IFA 5/09 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09 Inactive 4/09

www.transplantfund. org

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Speaking of stressTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 6:33 PM

Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take a toll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking from immediate personal experience.

Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with an inflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out slowly on Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't attribute it to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've been feeling particularly weak and exhausted.

I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday. She says it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress related. Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress. I had a great, if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yell for help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so and then we'll move the dose back down again.

I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put me in a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful my doctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before it effects my lungs.

Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind of exercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know who first said it on this board but every once in a while it's good to call a 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!

Beth

Guest guest

Thanks Peggy. I'm fine I promise. I'm just waiting for the extra Imuran to kick in. I will be just fine.

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 7:26:08 PMSubject: Re: Speaking of stress

Oh MB, I am so sorry you are having a rough spot. You are the one telling us all to please take care of ourselves well, back to you.

Don't make me hit the road in my hovercraft and come to NC.. it does go 25 mph ya know..

I love you, Take Care of YOU.

Love & Prayers

Peggy, IPF 2004

Guest guest

I like the picture of all the family drones attending to my every whim....LOL Happy New Year to you and yours!

Hugs,

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 8:01:48 PMSubject: Re: Speaking of stress

That's surely a big fat Downer MB......have FUN get ITCHY...NAaaaaaaah. ......we can't ahve THAT happening to YOU!

In future....Family Festivities must have YOU as the Reigning Royal Queen Bee........just let those Drones bring back ALL the Honey...OK!

>> Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take a toll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking from immediate personal experience. > > Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with an inflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out slowly on Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't attribute it to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've been feeling particularly weak and exhausted.> > I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday. She says it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress related. Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress.

I had a great, if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yell for help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so and then we'll move the dose back down again. > > I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put me in a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful my doctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before it effects my lungs. > > Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind of exercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know who first said it on this board but every once in a while it's good to call a 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!> > Beth> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>

Guest guest

You can forthwith be our very own Queen Bee.....

'Forum Drone' here at your Service M'am!

SGIO

> >> > Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take a toll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking from immediate personal experience. > > > > Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with an inflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out slowly on Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't attribute it to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've been feeling particularly weak and exhausted.> > > > I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday. She says it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress related. Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress. I had a great, if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yell for help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so and then we'll move the dose back down again. > > > > I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put me in a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful my doctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before it effects my lungs. > > > > Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind of exercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know who first said it on this board but every once in a while it's good to call a 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!> >  > > Beth> > Moderator> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Patti! I think it may be a bit better this morning. I slept well which always helps. Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2010!

Beth

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Fri, January 1, 2010 8:14:39 AMSubject: Speaking of stress

Beth,

So sorry to hear about that itchy rash......another crazy thing that can come from stress. Take care of you and I love those "pajama days" ......we do that often.

Patti Indianapolis IPF 2007

Guest guest

Sher

If I took 3, I would sleep for 24 hours probably. My body reacts so

strangely to so many meds and it is one of them. However, I did take one

last night to get some relief. Was sure not ready to get up this

morning, but I did anyway.

> >

> > Earlier today I posted in a response to Gita that stress can take a

> toll on our bodies and sometimes very unexpectedly. I was speaking

from

> immediate personal experience.

> >

> > Since Christmas Eve my back and neck have been covered with an

> inflamed itchy rash. In short I've beem miserable. It started out

slowly

> on Christmas Eve and got worse as the days went on. I couldn't

attribute

> it to an allergy because nothing in my life had really changed.(soap,

> shampoo, laundry detergent etc. no changes) In addition I've been

> feeling particularly weak and exhausted.

> >

> > I finally put a call into my rheumatologist and saw her yesterday.

She

> says it's my dermatomyositis flaring up and it's likely stress

related.

> Stress as in the holidays. In other words happy stress. I had a great,

> if busy Christmas but apparently that was enough to make my body yell

> for help. So my Imuran has been increased to 150mg for a month or so

and

> then we'll move the dose back down again.

> >

> > I hate this so much. I hate that something like Christmas can put me

> in a tailspin. It's annoying but I suppose I have to be grateful my

> doctor recognized it for what it was and we're dealing with it before

it

> effects my lungs.

> >

> > Please everyone look after yourselves. Eat well, get some kind of

> exercise and get more rest than you think you need. I don't know who

> first said it on this board but every once in a while it's good to

call

> a 'pajama day' and hang out in the house not doin nuttin!

> >

> > Beth

> > Moderator

> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------\

--------

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 9.0.722 / Virus Database: 270.14.123/2595 - Release Date:

12/31/09 00:52:00

>