RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: [Rpolychondritis Sherrie,/ metho

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sherrie, YEs, you should start the metho... It will eventually help you feel better. I have been on pred for so long that the damage is starting to show up now. By taking metho, imuran or another DMARD, you can stop the progress of the RP or at least slow it down and not have to take high doses of the pred.

I can sympathize with you feeling like everything is being taken away from you. The first thing they took away from me is my caffine ( not for the RP) OUCH... No more coffee, chocolate???? Well decaf is okay, but took me a long time to get use to it and I can have chocolate in small portions. YES!!! Then it was the alcohol. Now I never drank much, but every once in a while enjoyed a glass. Then the smoking.... Well, in the long run I guess it was all good for me. NOW they have me exercising. LOL Geez... what is next.

It has been 10 years of no coffee, 8 years of no alcohol and a year of no smoking. Hopefully this year I will feel all the good side effects of the " No Fun" Diet. LOL Oh yes, I am also on low fat diet for cholesterol, and limited greens for the coumadin and low salt for the heart. Now they have taken away all the good foods. BOO HOO!!! :(

I'm surviving and feeling good about it. Hang in there. YOu will be okay. I think we all hear horror stories about the metho and other drugs and we are afraid before we start. I remember Marilyn keeping it in her cabinet for ages before she started it. LOL We were both chickens. LOL Just remember your body will get use to the side effects and we are all different and maybe you won't have ANY!! Let us know.

We are all here for you. Sorry this was so long.

hugs

I had the flu so I haven't started it yet. MY hubby said I have to.I guess I will start it on monday in the morning??