RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

pain & cats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Marla, I'm glad that you are beginning the disability process. It's very hard to do that when we have worked all of our lives. I have to keep reminding myself that I earned this help & that I know that I would still be working if I could. This weekend has been a bit of a haze. I'm on the lowest dose of the fentanyl patch, but it still makes me loopy, I guess because I'm not used to much medication. I'm trying to keep my percocet to once a day, because it makes me even loopier, along with shaky hands. Yesterday I took a percocet in the morning, with the plan that once it kicked in I would go pick up some rxs at CVS & even stop in Walmart & get a few things. It definitely helped the pain, but I wasn't safe to drive! Theresa has been great at running errands for me, but I'm getting cabin fever & really wanted to go somewhere.

Theresa & the kids are gone for the weekend, so it's just me & the pets. My son's dog Jazzy is here, so I have the 3 dogs, plus 3 cats, plus a pregnant cat that showed up in our garage. She's very friendly & looks well-fed, so I don't know if she just left home or the owners dumped her because she was pregnant. I know the local shelters are overrun with kittens & puppies right now, so I told Theresa & the kids we would "foster" her until the babies are weaned. We named her Pebbles & put a big dog crate in 's room for her. It's the maternity ward. BTW, we found out that (my granddaughter) is carrying a boy. Anyway, Pebbles is a nice cat, but I'm going to try very hard to make T & the kids find homes for all of them eventually. She does get along well with all the other pets; we just keep her in the crate at night. I can imagine that some of y'all are thinking that I'm just adding more stress to my life, which is true. But the thought of taking this sweet mama cat to the shelter was even more stressful. Well, I'm going to try getting to all the other messages, then back to sleep.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:29:35 -0600Subject: Re: fall/Chat 9-11 est

Thanks Connie I'm good now, It's funny my elbow and knee are still bruised, the knee no big deal, but when I put my elbow on the table (even though Mom said we should never do that) it still makes me jump and take it off the table:0I'm still sad I broke 4 of my favorite Pasta bowls, guess I can replace them. My husbands partner has a close friend who does Disability, so we are going to get him to get started on my case, everything is just too overwhelming to tackle myself, everything. Hope your doing good now. Take care,Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Marla, gracious; I just read your email. You didn't break anything did you. I am sorry sorry you got hurt. I hope by the time you get this email you will be feeling better//connie

To: NS <neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Fri, March 11, 2011 8:08:46 PMSubject: fall/Chat 9-11 est

The chat will be tonight from 9-11 EST. I don't know if I'll make it, I had a bad fall today, and my whole right side hurts, it's my first bad fall, I've had others, but this one really hit me, so will be resting I think. I might try to check in?? Have a good chat. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb