RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

SSD info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Connie, thanks so much for sharing all this info. It's amazing to have such a great resource person in the group.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:53:12 -0700Subject: Re: Question

The ssi is contingent on your assets, the ssa office will tell you if you do. To apply for disability go to SSA.gov. The applications, and answers to questions are there. Ditch the atty, as i have said before they do not affect my decision in any way in the intial (beginning) stage or in a recon (2nd application if one is needed). Just like in any other situation, you only need an attorney if you are going to court. Myth:No we do not deny everybody the first time they apply - I got a case last week, it took my 15 minutes to approve it once I read the medical evidence. SSI comes with medicaid gold - pays for everything, but you have to qualify for SSI. The one based on your work SSD has medicare 2 years from the approved date of onset. In other words if your symptoms met the criteria in 2008, you would get back paypay for that time and immediately have medicare. If it was determined that you didn't become disabled by the illness until say, 2010, you would have a few months before you would get medicare. There is one other thing, SSD is not retirement, it is an insurance that only last about 4 years after you stop working, the only way around that is if you were disabled prior to the time it ran out. You can also apply under your husbands work credits-It is called a DWB case. Ask the SSA interviewer about it if they mention that you have a DLI date, ask them point blank what your DLI is if they don't say. When you apply list everything little thing that is wrong with you, ie my hair hurts if it does. (hypertension, back pain, osteoarthritis, eye issues, memory problems, cognitive problems, CHF, neuropathy, diabetes -This is an example, but you get my drift. when they send you function reports to fill out, be brutally honest-paint the picture for the adjudicator so they can see just how difficult your life it. If you don't sleep much at night because your up and down cramps and pain put that in, if you get winded walking across the house-tell them. They don't know you, teach them who you are-we do take such things into consideration. If you need me email me at conaugusta@... and I will send you my number and help you any way I can. If you are 55 or old that is helpful. Also when you fill out your job history, sit down and write down all the physical and mental aspects of the job. Alot of people give me info on a job like it was easy, and I will wonder and call them and find out that job required lifting, carrying, dust, fumes, heat, etc.) Now, I'll shut up, sorry////connie

To: NS <neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 3:59:43 PMSubject: Question

Connie, I know your not around a lot with working and all, I sure hope your doing OK. I've decided to move forward with Disability, somehow I thought I was on the SS web, and filled in some info, just to have an attorney call me. Anyway, that doesn't mean I have to use him, that's for sure. I do have a question for anyone, They talk about a supplement amount, and another amount, for me that's the difference of $200. Don't completely understand that. And with either one of these, do you automatically get medicare? My biggest fear, and I think it will come, is what to do when the Remicade no longer helps, and I need to go to another drug. With our health Insurance we had to fight for a year for the Remicade, What if I have to fight again. When I go in and get my Remicade, there are plenty of young people, OK young as in my age (50's) and they are getting there Remicade NO problem because they have Medicare benefits with their disability. So do you just get it too??? Right now I am overwhelmed with life. My son has managed to get $500 in overdraft fees, was over $600, but the were willing to take $100 off, I think they should take off more, and I'm fighting for him, as he works 8-5, and they are not listening to him anyway. blowing him off as a dumb kid, it's really sad. My daughter is flunking 1/2 her classes, missing papers, being lazy, she's grounded, and can't get her driving permit until she has all C's and better, boy that would motivate me, but so far not her.I think I've been holding up for my husband, lot's of stress with work, and he's finally coping better, so I guess that I let my dam break. Sorry for all the whining but I do feel better:) Thanks for listening, and hopefully someone will know about the SS questions. Or I may be calling you Connie. OK it's 2pm I'm still in my Robe, I guess I better do the shower and dress thing! Rose I hope your doing better, did you get the epidural? Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb