RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: football & money rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think it's funny when all these rich, well-known people do a marathon to raise money. If they all gave a million dollars we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we have. They could each pick a different charity and give a million to it. it's not like they couldn't write if off on their taxes. when i read that brad pitt gave a million dollars to hurricane katrina housing...i thought...why don't they all do that?. Some of them could give 10 or 20 million, easy. someone in our town gave a million dollars to build a new library, in their name, which is alright but the poor people could have gotten food and housing with it. With everyone using computers, digital reading devices, etc. ... Why do we need a new, larger library...when the old one is being used less and

less. Guess i needed to vent a bit on that.... See what you started.....lol. btw...the Packers is the only teamed not owned by some one. It's owned by a few thousand people.... Haiti...don't get me started....will they ever be the same.... some of these celebrities could forgo their lavish parties and give $100,00+++ to help these people regain their lives.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Subject: football & money rantTo: neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 8:21 AM

You know, , Indianapolis is supposed to host the Super Bowl next year. If the team owners & players' union don't get a contract done, we'll get bumped down several years! I can't believe the contract is even an issue, like there isn't enough money to go around for those people. All the "little folks" who depend on the jobs provided by all the NFL games, as well as the hotels, restaurants, etc. will just be screwed. I love Peyton Manning, but his contract is up for renegotiation & I wish he would just say, Shucks, I'm already making more money than I could ever spend. I don't need a raise; in fact, I'll contribute ___$ to the retired players' pension fund or whatever. Wouldn't that be a shocker. Now, Peyton does contribute a lot, especially to a children's hospital, but he's made gazillions of money. All these top players have. If they invest wisely (and don't have a slew of kids

with different women), they should be able to live well even with early retirement. And then there are the NBA players, and Jay-Z. How can people in Haiti still be living in tent slums while athletes & celebrities blow so much money?!? I can't stand it, and I'm very much for capitalism. Arrrrgggghhhh.

Ramblin' RoseModerator COLTS STILL ROCK! (But Packers rule the world. Sigh. . . .)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mary_s777@...Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:57:20 -0800Subject: RE:

(But Packers rule the world. Sigh. . . .) ******.....only til next year....lol.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Guest guest

Amen, sister! Preach it!

Ramblin' RoseModerator COLTS STILL ROCK! (But Packers rule the world. Sigh. . . .)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mary_s777@...Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 01:58:17 -0800Subject: Re: football & money rant

I think it's funny when all these rich, well-known people do a marathon to raise money. If they all gave a million dollars we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we have. They could each pick a different charity and give a million to it. it's not like they couldn't write if off on their taxes. when i read that brad pitt gave a million dollars to hurricane katrina housing...i thought...why don't they all do that?. Some of them could give 10 or 20 million, easy. someone in our town gave a million dollars to build a new library, in their name, which is alright but the poor people could have gotten food and housing with it. With everyone using computers, digital reading devices, etc. ... Why do we need a new, larger library...when the old one is being used less and less. Guess i needed to vent a bit on that.... See what you started.....lol. btw...the Packers is the only teamed not owned by some one. It's owned by a few thousand people.... Haiti...don't get me started....will they ever be the same.... some of these celebrities could forgo their lavish parties and give $100,00+++ to help these people regain their lives.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Subject: football & money rantTo: neurosarcoidosis Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 8:21 AM

You know, , Indianapolis is supposed to host the Super Bowl next year. If the team owners & players' union don't get a contract done, we'll get bumped down several years! I can't believe the contract is even an issue, like there isn't enough money to go around for those people. All the "little folks" who depend on the jobs provided by all the NFL games, as well as the hotels, restaurants, etc. will just be screwed. I love Peyton Manning, but his contract is up for renegotiation & I wish he would just say, Shucks, I'm already making more money than I could ever spend. I don't need a raise; in fact, I'll contribute ___$ to the retired players' pension fund or whatever. Wouldn't that be a shocker. Now, Peyton does contribute a lot, especially to a children's hospital, but he's made gazillions of money. All these top players have. If they invest wisely (and don't have a slew of kids with different women), they should be able to live well even with early retirement. And then there are the NBA players, and Jay-Z. How can people in Haiti still be living in tent slums while athletes & celebrities blow so much money?!? I can't stand it, and I'm very much for capitalism. Arrrrgggghhhh.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mary_s777@...Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:57:20 -0800Subject: RE:

(But Packers rule the world. Sigh. . . .) ******.....only til next year....lol.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!