RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: cardiac sarc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OH man the love to hate drug.  it's like a bad relationship that just keeps coming back. but I guess you have to love it first, it's when the hate sets in and you are so ready to let it go:  Prednisone:)  thinking of you.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

I sent an email to Dr. Baughman at U. of Cincinnati, Ohio, asking what his current recommendations are for treatment of cardiac sarc.  Now I haven't seen this guy in probably 4 years, and had only seen him 3 or 4 times total.  He answered my message in less than 4 hours; it was almost 8pm his time when he emailed me back!  If only all doctors were that accessible.  Shoot, you can't get past the front desk people for your primary care doc without a warrant.  Anyway, he advised starting with Pred, along with one of the steroid-sparing drugs like Imuran or Mtx, then by the time they kick in (3-6 mos.), be able to decrease or eliminate the Pred.  That goes along with the research I've done.  I wish I would have asked him about dosage.  The highest dose I took before was 40mg/day, for over 2 years.  Unless I have to take a much higher dose, if I only have to take it for 6 mos., maybe I won't blow up like a balloon again!  Well, I'll just have to wait for Thursday morning (it's Tues. night here) and see what my cardiologist says.  And the fun continues.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22