Guest guest

Luna your correct all os do things differently. i went to os

who has done like 1000 surgeries and he explained he does use

the splint after surgery just 2 light elastics to hold bite in

place. when i mentioned other use the splint his nurse said

she has worked for 3 oral sureons none use the splint i guess

they all are different.

Guest guest

Connie, I've been reading your post, and I'm sorry you are having so much pain.  Don't know if I mentioned it, but my doctor changed my lyrica  to Cymbalta and it  is managing the pain better, much better.  I use to wake up every day with a bad headache, couldn't take the lyrica at night as it kept me awake, so woke up in pain.  Now I don't wake up with headaches, unless I didn't get enough sleep.  Just a thought.

I too find that heat helps my pain, I have a heated throw on my chair and would wrap my legs in it and turn it on hi. I do the bath when it's really bad, but find as soon as the water turns a little cool, I have to get out fast or the pain comes back, really need to invest in a hot tub. 

I have to change positions a lot too, if I stay sitting to long, have to stand, or standing have to sit, that helps the pain not to settle in one place, kinds of tricks the body, of course doesn't take away all the pain. 

I use a lot of Advil, I don't do well with pain meds either, but when it gets bad enough, I take like 100mgs of phenergen and one pain pill and go to bed, other wise I'd just be vomiting it back up.   I too will keep you in my prayers, and hope you get some relief soon.  I love the warmer weather, but find if I'm outside or just get to hot, I feel like I'm getting the flu, body aches, nausea, and if I don't get out the sun, then end up vomiting and aching all over.   

Just seems like we never get ahead of this nasty disease, but hang in there. Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb