RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MIA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry I've been MIA lately, it's been a rough period for me, as you've heard before, I kept thinking I can get through it.  But found myself crying at the drop of a pin, and had a major melt down, a couple weeks ago.  I've been asking my husband if we could trade my van in for a newer one, not brand new, just one with heated seats.  Money is tight, as he just started his own business, but after my melt down, he took me for a drive and we did get a newer Honda Van,  this one is really nice, and was kept up by the previous owners, it has all the bells and whistles, hey when you are excited about getting in your vehicle and driving, it gets a person out of the house (sad but true).  So it has the heated seats, yah, side opening doors and open tail gait with the push of a button, which is really nice when your trying to get your trunk open while balancing your wheelchair on your thigh, and hope you don't fall over while doing it:)

So I felt better for about a week, and I still love the Van more then ever, but the sadness/depression went deeper then that, I find myself crying still.  I saw my Doc yesterday and he asked how I was doing, and I just started crying on him, cried off and on the whole appt.

even while telling him how wonderful my husband is for buying the van, etc.... so we are trying something different, stop the Lyercia and started Cymbalta, as Cymbalta is suppose to work on neuropathy pain, muscle pain, and it's an antidepressant, so will see, I'm only on day two, and only cried once yesterday, and well it's still too early to say for today. I was doing really good on the pain side, until last night, then just standing shot pain up and down my legs, it hurt to walk, so I parked it in a chair with a heating pad, after Advil and my daughter and I watched Salt the movie, entertaining, but so unlikely.  haven't slept well all week, but my husband has been out of town too, and so I have to get up at " 0darkthirty "   and take my daughter to school, come home go back to bed, but still difficult week. 

so will see how the Cymbalta works, I hope it does, because I don't want to be on more meds, so replacing is better then adding.   However, have any of you ever tried or heard of minocyline/tetracycline for face Sarc.  I've been on my doc for years to put up literature on Sarc in his office, and he finally did, said he is seeing a lot more of it these days, when we started down this road some almost 17 years ago, I was his one and only, but he sees more lung, I guess that's why he's a lung doctor, but no one else around knew about Sarc and he knew a little, we learned a lot together over the years. 

anyhow, on the handout, it mentioned minocyline for face Sarc, I think we were going to try it, but got off track, need to call them today and see??   I have tried to answer some emails, but I see that Rose, even though you don't think you are, keeping up with things you are doing a great job. And so great to have Darlene back,

will try to join in tonight, my husband is coming home, not sure when, so I might get distracted. keep your chins up Spring is just around the corner, and even though I can't be out in the direct sunlight anymore, I love the warmth.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb