RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, guys! I came home Tuesday. The epidural injection helped a little. With pain patches, muscle relaxants & pain pills as needed, I'm able to get by. But I can only tolerate standing or walking for 5-10 min. I am very afraid of another episode like last week's. That was absolutely the worst pain I've ever had. I'm having more pain than when I went to the doctor last week, even with all the medication. So I'm still going to get a surgical consult, to see if that is even an option. Meanwhile, I'm using heat & stretching exercises. I'm not supposed to take hot baths because that can cause the pain patch to release more medication than it's supposed to, so I'm turning the temp on my hot tub down to about 90. That should be warm enough to help relieve the pain without messing with the patch. But the good thing about it is that I'm not noticing the neuropathic pain in my feet as much! This leg pain is so much worse. Anyway, that's enough whining & complaining for now.

I'm going to start on the piled up email, but from about 2-3 days ago until I get current, then keep going back until I've got most of it. So some of my replies may not seem timely. I want to thank everyone who has stepped in & stepped up, moderators & members both! As for all the birthdays, I apologize for the late greetings. I hope everyone had an enjoyable day, with some respite from pain & depression.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

Guest guest

Rose would showering be safer with the patches. Those patches are good from what I hear, but they tend to be a little dangerous if not handled with care. I know you have enough medical knowledge in one little finger to fill 2 or 3 heads, but I just don't want you to get hurt. c

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 5:30:57 PMSubject: Rose

Hi, guys! I came home Tuesday. The epidural injection helped a little. With pain patches, muscle relaxants & pain pills as needed, I'm able to get by. But I can only tolerate standing or walking for 5-10 min. I am very afraid of another episode like last week's. That was absolutely the worst pain I've ever had. I'm having more pain than when I went to the doctor last week, even with all the medication. So I'm still going to get a surgical consult, to see if that is even an option. Meanwhile, I'm using heat & stretching exercises. I'm not supposed to take hot baths because that can cause the pain patch to release more medication than it's supposed to, so I'm turning the temp on my hot tub down to about 90. That should be warm enough to help relieve the pain without messing with the patch. But the good thing about it is that I'm not noticing the neuropathic pain in my feet

as much! This leg pain is so much worse. Anyway, that's enough whining & complaining for now. I'm going to start on the piled up email, but from about 2-3 days ago until I get current, then keep going back until I've got most of it. So some of my replies may not seem timely. I want to thank everyone who has stepped in & stepped up, moderators & members both! As for all the birthdays, I apologize for the late greetings. I hope everyone had an enjoyable day, with some respite from pain & depression.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

Guest guest

Sorry I've been gone Rose. They sent me for a stress test because of the neck surgery on Monday, it came back positive and they did a heart cath Thursday. There said there was an ischemic place on the back of the heart. Got em though, I may be fat but I do not have clogged arteries. My heart problems have been the hearty appetite of our sarc friends, and my CIDP tearing the nerves up. Thank the Lord whatever was wrong they couldn't figure out. That is the first time I have ever had a stress test come back positive.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 3:46:40 PMSubject: RE: Rose

Connie, thanks for your concern. The hot tub has been fine; I just can't have it real hot (102+) like I used to. I sit on one of the higher ledges so that I'm just immersed from the waist done, for about 10 min. That is enough to help the muscles relax a bit.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:56:13 -0700Subject: Re: Rose

Rose would showering be safer with the patches. Those patches are good from what I hear, but they tend to be a little dangerous if not handled with care. I know you have enough medical knowledge in one little finger to fill 2 or 3 heads, but I just don't want you to get hurt. c

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 5:30:57 PMSubject: Rose Hi, guys! I came home Tuesday. The epidural injection helped a little. With pain patches, muscle relaxants & pain pills as needed, I'm able to get by. But I can only tolerate standing or walking for 5-10 min. I am very afraid of another episode like last week's. That was absolutely the worst pain I've ever had. I'm having more pain than when I went to the doctor last week, even with all the medication. So I'm still going to get a surgical consult, to see if that is even an option. Meanwhile, I'm using heat & stretching exercises. I'm not supposed to take hot baths because that can cause the pain patch to release more medication than it's supposed to, so I'm turning the temp on my hot tub down to about 90. That should be warm enough to help relieve the pain without messing with the patch. But the good thing about it is that I'm not noticing the neuropathic

pain in my feet as much! This leg pain is so much worse. Anyway, that's enough whining & complaining for now. I'm going to start on the piled up email, but from about 2-3 days ago until I get current, then keep going back until I've got most of it. So some of my replies may not seem timely. I want to thank everyone who has stepped in & stepped up, moderators & members both! As for all the birthdays, I apologize for the late greetings. I hope everyone had an enjoyable day, with some respite from pain & depression.