RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

muscle cramps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, when I first started getting this leg pain (first just deep ache, then the cramping) several years ago, that was one of the first things they looked at, along with the Pred I was on at the time. Both were ruled out & I still have it periodically even though I've been off Pred for several years & I'm not on cholesterol-lowering meds. But good suggestion, as a lot of people don't realize the connection.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: topdat1@...Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:03:20 -0600Subject: Re: Update on Rose

Hey Rose, honey I sure hope you start feeling better, gosh.. I have horrible charile horses in my legs and believe it or not I was in the ER SCREAMING, for my mom, or HELP, or ANYBODY, DO SOMETHING!!! they were non stop and I was taking Pravastatin and someother cholesterol tablet daily.. My doctor stopped both meds and I was able live without muscle cramps and spasms for the first time in a long time.. just something to think about.. I do hope its something simple and you're able to get better.. We miss you, yes.. but we don't want you in agony either.. Take care of yourself.. let us know if there is anything we/I can do..

Hugs,

Update on Rose

Hey, guys. I'm still in the hospital. I can't believe this pain. I've been taking IV Dilaudid every 2-3 hrs. Today the neurologist started me on the Fentanyl patch, so I'm hoping that it will kick in tomorrow. I can't remember what I've told you, so sorry if this is repeat info. I'm having agonizing (not an exaggeration) spasm-like pain in my left leg & ankle; up into my hip if I stand too long--like to take a shower. I have severe degenerative disc disease & get similar leg pain every year or two, but this is way beyond anything I've ever had. It's like a monster charley horse all down the side of my leg. My daughter Theresa brought me her laptop tonight & I've been researching. I found a condition called neurogenic claudication, which sounds like my symptoms. I knew of intermittent claudication, which is leg cramps brought on by walking & relieved by rest; it's caused by poor circulation. The neurogenic claudication is caused by spine or nerve root damage & isn't as responsive to rest. It does tend to improve with leaning forward or stooping. I can't stoop anymore, but I always get a cart to lean on in the store, if I don't use a scooter cart. I'm pretty excited, because now I know that it's not just "leg pain;" it has a fancy name! We are going to try the epidural steroid injection Monday (he couldn't do it sooner because I take baby aspirin every day & even that small a dose can cause bleeding problems). I hope it helps. I may end up with surgery eventually; I'm writing down questions & notes about different surgical techniques & success rates. I feel that I have truly exhausted all the other options. Well, I just got some Dilaudid, so I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'll talk to y'all later.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)