RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rose's country song

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is a song I composed during a trip from hell. This is the original post describing the trip, along with the lyrics. You'll have to make up your own melody since I don't know how to write music. Just get plenty of twang in it, and you'll get the idea!

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:43:50 -0500Hey, y'all. Sorry for disappearing on you. My daughter Ginny & I drove to San to see her daughters. We left Christmas night & got home New Year's day. I meant to send a message before we left, but forgot it with all the chaos. I've been sleeping most of the last 3 days, recuperating. I'll try to get caught up on messages today. Meanwhile, here's some entertainment for you. I composed a country-western song based on our trip. You'll have to make up your own melody as I don't know how to write music. The trip down was going okay, with an hour to go, when I had a blowout on the freeway in Austin. Things went downhill from there & by the time we got to San I was ready to blow my stack. I know how to de-escalate & usually do it, but this time I just forged ahead, arguing with Ginny even though I know it's pointless. Finally, I just had a total meltdown, pulled over on the freeway, got out & started trying to hitchhike. A cop stopped to see what was going on & I told him I wasn't getting back into the car with Ginny, so he put me in the back of his squad car & took me to my granddaughter's apartment. Ginny eventually apologized to me & we patched things up. That's the first 2 verses, with a little poetic license. Then on the way home we got stopped in Arkansas. The state trooper said that I was swerving & he wondered if I was sleepy. I told him, truthfully, that I was just wiggling around trying to get my bottom comfortable. That's the third verse. So, hope you get a smile out of it.

Road Ode (Trippin')

We blew a tire in Austin, Texas;A nice man stopped to help us fix it.But it was blowwwwn (high note) beyond repair;Went to Walmart and bought one there.Oh, we was tired, tired, oh so tiredwhen that tire went to bits.We was tired, tired, oh so tired,then Grandma had a fit.The po-lice came with lights a-blinkin';Grandma's heart started sinkin'.They threw her in that paddy wagon,But couldn't stand to hear her naggin'.Oh, we was tired, tired, oh so tiredwhen that tire went to bits.We was tired, tired, oh so tired,then Grandma had a fit.Left San Antone for Indiana,Got stopped again in Texarkana.The trooper said, "You're swervin', Ma'am,"But Grandma said, "Your ass I am!"Oh, we was tired, tired, oh so tiredwhen that tire went to bits.We was tired, tired, so very tired,When Grandma had her fit.Yes, she did, she had a fit.She had a big ol' hissy fit! January 1, 2009/Rose Copyright pending.A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:20:05 -0600Subject: Re: don't get it, caution whiningFrom: mebramer@...To: mamadogrose@...Thanks Rose, No I've never even heard of Rozerem, I'll ask, I did sleep all night last night, I tired Ambien once, and man the night mares all night, it was like I was fighting for my life all night, and I couldn't wake up, it was awful. But I'll ask him about Rozerem and see what he says. And yes I remember you wrote a song, dang me, if I remember the words? but it was good. I love your bed sleeping encouragements too, that would drive my husband crazy, like you I have problems with my feet/legs going numb if left in a downward position for long, so I'm always moving, at home I'm up-down-up down, can't sit at the computer too long, but don't have problems with blankets touching my legs, that must be awful, I find when my legs hurt I wrap them with an electric throw blanket on high. How's the family doing, you are one strong lady. And you do so much for everyone, I hope you take time to do for you. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb