RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Crud--cardiac sarc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I got some results of my heart MRI this afternoon & it looks like I've got cardiac sarc. I didn't get to talk to the doctor because he was in surgery today. But the nurse said that I have heart involvement now , but that my heart "didn't look too bad." He wants to have a face-to-face meeting next week to go over everything & discuss treatment options. He's also consulting my doc at the Indiana Univ. sarc clinic for his input. I have a feeling that my back surgery's going to the back burner for awhile. I know from research that up to 25% of sarc patients have some cardiac involvement, but that many have no symptoms & it's just found on autopsy after death from another cause. I don't think I'm one of those folks because I've had the arrhythmias & tachycardia for so many years. I just hope there is a better treatment than Pred. Guess I'll do a little more research. On the bright side, my PCP just gave me a new script for Percocet, which helps the back & leg pain some. The first rx for 60 tabs lasted me 2 months, so this time they wrote for 120 tabs! Apparently they don't consider me a drug seeker (which I'm not). I'll have to find a really good place to hide them, or Ginny will help herself. I considered asking for the fentanyl patches again, but I had a dickens of a time keeping those suckers on. Even with strips of tape or bandaids on the edges, they fell off before it was time. So I think I'll do better with the pills, just taking them when needed. Sometimes I can go 2-3 days without taking any, then I might need 2 in one day. Today is one of those days. I tidied up the kitchen & living room (hid stuff in bags & boxes & put them in the garage), then vacuumed because we had a potential adopter coming to look at the kittens. She's taking two!! Both of the girls! Just 2 more to find homes for.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22