RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

World's Finest Chocolate Gluten Free Information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I made a big boo-boo this weekend. DH bought some World's Finest Chocolate bars from some kid. He got crisped rice and plain milk chocolate. I read the ingredients on the crisped rice bar and it clearly stated it was derived from wheat. Everything else looked fine - so I ate the milk chocolate bar without reading the ingredients! Then, as I was most of the way through the bar, I looked at the ingredients and noticed that it listed ground almonds and crisped rice. I thought it had to be a typo and kept on eating. DUMB!

Anyway, it was Saturday and the response to my email is below. Now, obviously this person does not understand what gluten is, since she thinks barley malt is made from wheat, but that mistake is actually in our favor since they list the crisped rice as derived from wheat.

--Trudy San , CA "People who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities." ~Voltaire

-------------- Forwarded Message: -------------- From: ", Sheryl" <sjohnson@...> "'tverzosa@...'" <tverzosa@...> Subject: Gluten Free Information Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:51:11 +0000

World's Finest Chocolate's 1.75 oz fun raising bars are all run on the same line that also processes a bar with crisp rice. The crisp rice has a component that is derived from wheat ( malt barley) in it.

That is why it is stated on the end of the ingredient line on the bars' wrapper, and persons sensitive to gluten should not consume it.

*** Warning - WFC Confidentiality Notice *** The information in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged and exempt from disclosure under the applicable law. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, distribution/dissemination or copying of this communication, its attachments (if any), or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and double delete this email from your computer system. Thank-you.