RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: cell phone dry out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My daughter lost her cell phone when she was at a friends house and they went to the barn to bring the horses in. She couldn't remember where she lost it because she had it in her pocket. After a week of rain we went to look for the phone again at the barn. There it was sticking out of a puddle. We brought it home opened it up as much as we could and let it out to dry for a week. It still works (knock on wood) a year later. :)

The phone is just a tracfone from walmart. She is more careful now about not loosing her phone, because she doesn't want to pay for a new one. Rose, Good luck with drying out your phone, I hope it works for you too.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 12:49:01 PMSubject: RE: Crud--cardiac sarc

Hey, ! Sorry I didn't call you back the other day. I spent a couple of days recuperating (basically sleeping) from my trip to Indy on Thursday. Then I ran my phone thru the washer. I've spent the last two days trying to dry it out. It works, but not dependably yet. Tonight I'm going to put it in the drying beads that I use for my hearing aid. I hope that will finish the process & save it. The memory chip seems to be okay, which is good since all my appts., etc. are on it. Anyway, I'll try to call you in a day or two when the phone is more reliable. Re: housecleaning. I never notice how many cobwebs we have until company is coming, like Thanksgiving or something. Then I look up & go, Wow! Where'd all those come from? I actually enjoy cleaning out cobwebs, but I get vertigo when I look up, so I have to do it a bit at a time or give Webster (the spider web brush) to somebody else. Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: rkelty99@...Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:10:17 -0700Subject: Re: Crud--cardiac sarc

(Sorry this reply is so late -- I was sick from Sun. May 15 until Friday)

I know what you mean about hiding stuff. My hubby just revealed on Friday night that he had invited six people over for a cook-out on Sunday. I cleaned for five hours yesterday and five hours today, and even with all of that I had to hide a bunch of stuff in the guest room --- I simply don't have any more energy left, and my porch is still a mess.

The weird thing is that I just cleaned all of the public rooms pretty well a couple of weeks ago, but that was just for a good girlfriend -- I knew she wouldn't notice any "corners"

The awful thing is that I don't really know any of the people who are coming, and none of them has ever been to my house. I sure hope they don't go into the back yard because my flower gardens are filled with weeds.

I guess I should be taking my ritalin more regularly (that's the only thing that helped me make it through these past two days), but my neuro told me it could be contributing to my headaches. Thank goodness I haven't had one in a while, though.

--

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 5:49:46 PMSubject: RE: Crud--cardiac sarc Yeah, Marla, cleaning the two rooms visible from the front door wore me out! And I didn't really clean, just hid stuff. I did vacuum & get the worst cobwebs. It took me a couple of hours to do the little I did, resting every few minutes. I had to wear my back brace, and I did take a pain pill about an hour before the cleaning began. I can remember, in the olden days, I could clean my entire house in 3-4 hours. And not just hide stuff, but actually put everything away! The place was spic & span. Sadly, them days are long gone!

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:46:50 -0600Subject: Re: Crud--cardiac sarcRose, I'm sorry to hear this, My Mom's Cardiologist told me the same thing that 25% of Sarc patients have it in the heart upon autopsy. You should talk to Tracie too, that is why she had to stop the Remicade, and she's doing much better now? When you cleaned the kitchen and living room, did that just wear you out like you ran a marathon? When I clean I am so wore out, I have to sit for awhile, then your back, I'm glad the pain is better, and I hope they can still do more to help you. But, happy you got two kitties adopted, yeah:) Hang in there, your in my prayers girlfriend! love ya, Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less,

breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Well, I got some results of my heart MRI this afternoon & it looks like I've got cardiac sarc. I didn't get to talk to the doctor because he was in surgery today. But the nurse said that I have heart involvement now , but that my heart "didn't look too bad." He wants to have a face-to-face meeting next week to go over everything & discuss treatment options. He's also consulting my doc at the Indiana Univ. sarc clinic for his input. I have a feeling that my back surgery's going to the back burner for awhile. I know from research that up to 25% of sarc patients have some cardiac involvement, but that many have no symptoms & it's just found on autopsy after death from another cause. I don't think I'm one of those folks because I've had the arrhythmias & tachycardia for so many years. I just hope there is a better treatment than Pred. Guess I'll do a little more research. On the

bright side, my PCP just gave me a new script for Percocet, which helps the back & leg pain some. The first rx for 60 tabs lasted me 2 months, so this time they wrote for 120 tabs! Apparently they don't consider me a drug seeker (which I'm not). I'll have to find a really good place to hide them, or Ginny will help herself. I considered asking for the fentanyl patches again, but I had a dickens of a time keeping those suckers on. Even with strips of tape or bandaids on the edges, they fell off before it was time. So I think I'll do better with the pills, just taking them when needed. Sometimes I can go 2-3 days without taking any, then I might need 2 in one day. Today is one of those days. I tidied up the kitchen & living room (hid stuff in bags & boxes & put them in the garage), then vacuumed because we had a potential adopter coming to look at the kittens. She's taking

two!! Both of the girls! Just 2 more to find homes for.

Guest guest

I was once told that you could put the phone into a bowl of dry rice and that would help suck out the moisture. It might help.MattTo: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:22 PMSubject: Re: cell phone dry out

My daughter lost her cell phone when she was at a friends house and they went to the barn to bring the horses in. She couldn't remember where she lost it because she had it in her pocket. After a week of rain we went to look for the phone again at the barn. There it was sticking out of a puddle. We brought it home opened it up as much as we could and let it out to dry for a week. It still works (knock on wood) a year later. :)

The phone is just a tracfone from walmart. She is more careful now about not loosing her phone, because she doesn't want to pay for a new one. Rose, Good luck with drying out your phone, I hope it works for you too.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 12:49:01 PMSubject: RE: Crud--cardiac sarc

Hey, ! Sorry I didn't call you back the other day. I spent a couple of days recuperating (basically sleeping) from my trip to Indy on Thursday. Then I ran my phone thru the washer. I've spent the last two days trying to dry it out. It works, but not dependably yet. Tonight I'm going to put it in the drying beads that I use for my hearing aid. I hope that will finish the process & save it. The memory chip seems to be okay, which is good since all my appts., etc. are on it. Anyway, I'll try to call you in a day or two when the phone is more reliable. Re: housecleaning. I never notice how many cobwebs we have until company is coming, like Thanksgiving or something. Then I look up & go, Wow! Where'd all those come from? I actually enjoy cleaning out cobwebs, but I get vertigo when I look up, so I have to do it a bit at a time or give Webster (the spider web brush) to somebody else. Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: rkelty99@...Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:10:17 -0700Subject: Re: Crud--cardiac sarc

I know what you mean about hiding stuff. My hubby just revealed on Friday night that he had invited six people over for a cook-out on Sunday. I cleaned for five hours yesterday and five hours today, and even with all of that I had to hide a bunch of stuff in the guest room --- I simply don't have any more energy left, and my porch is still a mess.

The weird thing is that I just cleaned all of the public rooms pretty well a couple of weeks ago, but that was just for a good girlfriend -- I knew she wouldn't notice any "corners"

The awful thing is that I don't really know any of the people who are coming, and none of them has ever been to my house. I sure hope they don't go into the back yard because my flower gardens are filled with weeds.

I guess I should be taking my ritalin more regularly (that's the only thing that helped me make it through these past two days), but my neuro told me it could be contributing to my headaches. Thank goodness I haven't had one in a while, though.

--

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 5:49:46 PMSubject: RE: Crud--cardiac sarc Yeah, Marla, cleaning the two rooms visible from the front door wore me out! And I didn't really clean, just hid stuff. I did vacuum & get the worst cobwebs. It took me a couple of hours to do the little I did, resting every few minutes. I had to wear my back brace, and I did take a pain pill about an hour before the cleaning began. I can remember, in the olden days, I could clean my entire house in 3-4 hours. And not just hide stuff, but actually put everything away! The place was spic & span. Sadly, them days are long gone!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:46:50 -0600Subject: Re: Crud--cardiac sarcRose, I'm sorry to hear this, My Mom's Cardiologist told me the same thing that 25% of Sarc patients have it in the heart upon autopsy. You should talk to Tracie too, that is why she had to stop the Remicade, and she's doing much better now? When you cleaned the kitchen and living room, did that just wear you out like you ran a marathon? When I clean I am so wore out, I have to sit for awhile, then your back, I'm glad the pain is better, and I hope they can still do more to help you. But, happy you got two kitties adopted, yeah:) Hang in there, your in my prayers girlfriend! love ya, Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less,

breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Well, I got some results of my heart MRI this afternoon & it looks like I've got cardiac sarc. I didn't get to talk to the doctor because he was in surgery today. But the nurse said that I have heart involvement now , but that my heart "didn't look too bad." He wants to have a face-to-face meeting next week to go over everything & discuss treatment options. He's also consulting my doc at the Indiana Univ. sarc clinic for his input. I have a feeling that my back surgery's going to the back burner for awhile. I know from research that up to 25% of sarc patients have some cardiac involvement, but that many have no symptoms & it's just found on autopsy after death from another cause. I don't think I'm one of those folks because I've had the arrhythmias & tachycardia for so many years. I just hope there is a better treatment than Pred. Guess I'll do a little more research. On the

bright side, my PCP just gave me a new script for Percocet, which helps the back & leg pain some. The first rx for 60 tabs lasted me 2 months, so this time they wrote for 120 tabs! Apparently they don't consider me a drug seeker (which I'm not). I'll have to find a really good place to hide them, or Ginny will help herself. I considered asking for the fentanyl patches again, but I had a dickens of a time keeping those suckers on. Even with strips of tape or bandaids on the edges, they fell off before it was time. So I think I'll do better with the pills, just taking them when needed. Sometimes I can go 2-3 days without taking any, then I might need 2 in one day. Today is one of those days. I tidied up the kitchen & living room (hid stuff in bags & boxes & put them in the garage), then vacuumed because we had a potential adopter coming to look at the kittens. She's taking

Guest guest

last night I put it in a container with the beads I use to dry out my hearing aid. It's working pretty much, but it keeps shutting itself off, even when I have it charged or on the charger. Might try the rice tonight.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: dmatt1960@...Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:51:14 -0700Subject: Re: cell phone dry out

I was once told that you could put the phone into a bowl of dry rice and that would help suck out the moisture. It might help.

Matt

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:22 PMSubject: Re: cell phone dry out

Hey, ! Sorry I didn't call you back the other day. I spent a couple of days recuperating (basically sleeping) from my trip to Indy on Thursday. Then I ran my phone thru the washer. I've spent the last two days trying to dry it out. It works, but not dependably yet. Tonight I'm going to put it in the drying beads that I use for my hearing aid. I hope that will finish the process & save it. The memory chip seems to be okay, which is good since all my appts., etc. are on it. Anyway, I'll try to call you in a day or two when the phone is more reliable.

Re: housecleaning. I never notice how many cobwebs we have until company is coming, like Thanksgiving or something. Then I look up & go, Wow! Where'd all those come from? I actually enjoy cleaning out cobwebs, but I get vertigo when I look up, so I have to do it a bit at a time or give Webster (the spider web brush) to somebody else.

--

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:46:50 -0600Subject: Re: Crud--cardiac sarcRose, I'm sorry to hear this, My Mom's Cardiologist told me the same thing that 25% of Sarc patients have it in the heart upon autopsy. You should talk to Tracie too, that is why she had to stop the Remicade, and she's doing much better now? When you cleaned the kitchen and living room, did that just wear you out like you ran a marathon? When I clean I am so wore out, I have to sit for awhile, then your back, I'm glad the pain is better, and I hope they can still do more to help you. But, happy you got two kitties adopted, yeah:) Hang in there, your in my prayers girlfriend! love ya, Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Well, I got some results of my heart MRI this afternoon & it looks like I've got cardiac sarc. I didn't get to talk to the doctor because he was in surgery today. But the nurse said that I have heart involvement now , but that my heart "didn't look too bad." He wants to have a face-to-face meeting next week to go over everything & discuss treatment options. He's also consulting my doc at the Indiana Univ. sarc clinic for his input. I have a feeling that my back surgery's going to the back burner for awhile. I know from research that up to 25% of sarc patients have some cardiac involvement, but that many have no symptoms & it's just found on autopsy after death from another cause. I don't think I'm one of those folks because I've had the arrhythmias & tachycardia for so many years. I just hope there is a better treatment than Pred. Guess I'll do a little more research. On the bright side, my PCP just gave me a new script for Percocet, which helps the back & leg pain some. The first rx for 60 tabs lasted me 2 months, so this time they wrote for 120 tabs! Apparently they don't consider me a drug seeker (which I'm not). I'll have to find a really good place to hide them, or Ginny will help herself. I considered asking for the fentanyl patches again, but I had a dickens of a time keeping those suckers on. Even with strips of tape or bandaids on the edges, they fell off before it was time. So I think I'll do better with the pills, just taking them when needed. Sometimes I can go 2-3 days without taking any, then I might need 2 in one day. Today is one of those days. I tidied up the kitchen & living room (hid stuff in bags & boxes & put them in the garage), then vacuumed because we had a potential adopter coming to look at the kittens. She's taking two!! Both of the girls! Just 2 more to find homes for.

Guest guest

Ok.. The beads work similar to the rice. You might need to keep the phone in longer or change the beads or rice etc so that it continues to pull the moisture out of it. DarrylTo: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:04 AMSubject: RE: cell phone

dry out

last night I put it in a container with the beads I use to dry out my hearing aid. It's working pretty much, but it keeps shutting itself off, even when I have it charged or on the charger. Might try the rice tonight.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: dmatt1960@...Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:51:14 -0700Subject: Re: cell phone dry out

I was once told that you could put the phone into a bowl of dry rice and that would help suck out the moisture. It might help.

Matt

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:22 PMSubject: Re: cell phone dry out

Hey, ! Sorry I didn't call you back the other day. I spent a couple of days recuperating (basically sleeping) from my trip to Indy on Thursday. Then I ran my phone thru the washer. I've spent the last two days trying to dry it out. It works, but not dependably yet. Tonight I'm going to put it in the drying beads that I use for my hearing aid. I hope that will finish the process & save it. The memory chip seems to be okay, which is good since all my appts., etc. are on it. Anyway, I'll try to call you in a day or two when the phone is more reliable.

Re: housecleaning. I never notice how many cobwebs we have until company is coming, like Thanksgiving or something. Then I look up & go, Wow! Where'd all those come from? I actually enjoy cleaning out cobwebs, but I get vertigo when I look up, so I have to do it a bit at a time or give Webster (the spider web brush) to somebody else.

--

Guest guest

Thanks. It's doing better but I think I'll keep repeating the beads & rice.

Several years ago I dropped a phone in a river. It took a few days to dry

completely out, but it worked for another year.

Re: cell phone dry out

I was once told that you could put the phone into a bowl of dry rice and that

would help suck out the moisture.  It might help.