RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

FW: Your Personal Invitation to the CISSG Sarcoidosis Awareness Event

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If anyone lives in the central Indiana area, this sounds like a really nice event. I would love to take several of my family members; I dont know if they'll go, but I plan to invite them. Hopefully, my dang leg isn't bothering me too much to go.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

On Saturday, April 23rd, the Central Indiana Sarcoidosis Support Group will be hosting a Sarcoidosis Awareness Forum that will feature an educational forum and Sarcoidosis panel to answer questions that our guests may have about Sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is a disease that affects many in chronic and debilitating ways. Sarcoidosis is a potentially fatal inflammatory disease that can appear in almost any organ in the body. The disease strikes people of all races, and of all ages. Comedian Bernie Mac died from the complications of Sarcoidosis. Some progress has been made in understanding the symptoms and better diagnosing the disease, but the cause remains undetermined. Very little is known about the true burden of this illness.

The forum will also feature inspirational author Leon who will be speaking about his book "One Step Away" that chronicles his spiritual journey in living and coping with Cardiac Sarcoidosis. When we face trials and hardships, many of us complain and become bitter. uses his personal difficulties to illustrate poignant and challenging lessons that encourage the reader to draw closer to God. also uses his gift of painting along with writing to create a beautiful tapestry of God's love and compassion in the midst of life's trials. His artwork connects the reader to the message of God's faithfulness. If you are experiencing hardship and trials this book is a must read. He will also have his book "One Step Away" along with original print illustrations from his book available for purchase. I have spoken to on numerous occasions and I know that you will leave encouraged and uplifted after hearing his message of love, peace and spiritual healing.

The Sarcoidosis Awareness Forum is free and will be held Saturday, April 23, 2011 from 3:00pm-5:00pm at the Washington Park North Family Center, 2707 Kessler Blvd West Drive, Indianapolis, IN. Sarcoidosis patients, their support networks, and members of the general public are welcome to attend. For more information please feel free to contact me at . Rose we would love to see you and really hope you can make it!

Blessings,

Robbie

President/Founder

Central Indiana Sarcoidosis Support Group

indysarcoid@...

www.indysarcoid.org

Guest guest

Rose, I'm sure I've missed an email along the way, but did they ever find out what is wrong with your leg?   Do you/they think it's a relapse with the Sarc?    I hope you are doing better, I think I might be coming out of the fog, it's been slow going, but I think I'm regaining some energy, now if I could just sleep all night.  I wake up because my legs are twitching so bad, I just can lay there. 

oh well enough, I would love to come to this one, but traveling is just to hard right now. His book sounds really good, I wonder if I can find it on Amazon.com?  Take care of yourself!  Love ya,

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

If anyone lives in the central Indiana area, this sounds like a really nice event.  I would love to take several of my family members;    I dont know if they'll go, but I plan to invite them.  Hopefully, my dang leg isn't bothering me too much to go.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

" I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! "      (Bumper sticker)

On Saturday, April 23rd, the Central Indiana Sarcoidosis Support Group will be hosting a Sarcoidosis Awareness Forum that will feature an educational forum and Sarcoidosis panel to answer questions that our guests may have about Sarcoidosis.  Sarcoidosis is a disease that affects many in chronic and debilitating ways. Sarcoidosis is a potentially fatal inflammatory disease that can appear in almost any organ in the body. The disease strikes people of all races, and of all ages.  Comedian Bernie Mac died from the complications of Sarcoidosis.  Some progress has been made in understanding the symptoms and better diagnosing the disease, but the cause remains undetermined. Very little is known about the true burden of this illness. 

The forum will also feature inspirational author Leon who will be speaking about his book " One Step Away " that chronicles his spiritual journey in living and coping with Cardiac Sarcoidosis.  When we face trials and hardships, many of us complain and become bitter. uses his personal difficulties to illustrate poignant and challenging lessons that encourage the reader to draw closer to God. also uses his gift of painting along with writing to create a beautiful tapestry of God's love and compassion in the midst of life's trials. His artwork connects the reader to the message of God's faithfulness.  If you are experiencing hardship and trials this book is a must read.  He will also have his book " One Step Away " along with original print illustrations from his book available for purchase.  I have spoken to on numerous occasions and I know that you will leave encouraged and uplifted after hearing his message of love, peace and spiritual healing.    

The Sarcoidosis Awareness Forum is free and will be held Saturday, April 23, 2011 from 3:00pm-5:00pm at the Washington Park North Family Center, 2707 Kessler Blvd West Drive, Indianapolis, IN.  Sarcoidosis patients, their support networks, and members of the general public are welcome to attend. For more information please feel free to contact me at .  Rose we would love to see you and really hope you can make it!

Blessings,

Robbie

President/Founder

Central Indiana Sarcoidosis Support Group

indysarcoid@...

www.indysarcoid.org

Guest guest

Marla, I'm glad that the Remicade is kicking in & you are feeling a bit better.

My leg pain is due to spinal stenosis, where the spinal canal gets narrow from

bone spurs & other degenerative changes. So the nerve roots are compressed. I've

had some degree of stenosis for several years, but it has worsened considerably,

plus I ruptured a disc. Many people have stenosis & other degenerative changes,

but have no or mild symptoms. After 30+ years of back problems & now pain that

is not responding to my usual tricks, I think that surgery is probably the best

option. I've done a lot of research & I'm making a list of questions for the

surgeon when I go back to see him April 28, so I haven't actually made the

decision yet. But I was up until 6am last night, slept about 3 hours, then

couldn't go back to sleep. I finally broke down & took a Percocet, so it's

better now. But if I tried to go shopping or do a little work in the yard, the

pain would return with a vengeance. Arrrrrgggghhhhh! I hate this.

Re: FW: Your Personal Invitation to the CISSG

Sarcoidosis Awareness Event

Rose,

I'm sure I've missed an email along the way, but did they ever find out what

is wrong with your leg? Do you/they think it's a relapse with the Sarc?

I hope you are doing better, I think I might be coming out of the fog, it's

been slow going, but I think I'm regaining some energy, now if I could just

sleep all night. I wake up because my legs are twitching so bad, I just can

lay there.

oh well enough, I would love to come to this one, but traveling is just to

hard right now. His book sounds really good, I wonder if I can find it on

Amazon.com?

Take care of yourself!

Love ya,

Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish

Proverb* *

>

>

> If anyone lives in the central Indiana area, this sounds like a really nice

> event. I would love to take several of my family members; I dont know if

> they'll go, but I plan t

Guest guest

Rose, I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully surgery will be a good option for you, one thing about nursing, esp those midwife, that  back gets used and abused over many years.  Hang in there.   Praying for you.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Marla, I'm glad that the Remicade is kicking in & you are feeling a bit better. My leg pain is due to spinal stenosis, where the spinal canal gets narrow from bone spurs & other degenerative changes. So the nerve roots are compressed. I've had some degree of stenosis for several years, but it has worsened considerably, plus I ruptured a disc. Many people have stenosis & other degenerative changes, but have no or mild symptoms. After 30+ years of back problems & now pain that is not responding to my usual tricks, I think that surgery is probably the best option. I've done a lot of research & I'm making a list of questions for the surgeon when I go back to see him April 28, so I haven't actually made the decision yet. But I was up until 6am last night, slept about 3 hours, then couldn't go back to sleep. I finally broke down & took a Percocet, so it's better now. But if I tried to go shopping or do a little work in the yard, the pain would return with a vengeance. Arrrrrgggghhhhh! I hate this.

Re: FW: Your Personal Invitation to the CISSG Sarcoidosis Awareness Event

Rose,

I'm sure I've missed an email along the way, but did they ever find out what

is wrong with your leg?   Do you/they think it's a relapse with the Sarc?

I hope you are doing better, I think I might be coming out of the fog, it's

been slow going, but I think I'm regaining some energy, now if I could just

sleep all night.  I wake up because my legs are twitching so bad, I just can

lay there.

oh well enough, I would love to come to this one, but traveling is just to

hard right now. His book sounds really good, I wonder if I can find it on

Amazon.com?

Take care of yourself!

Love ya,

Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish

Proverb* *

>

>

> If anyone lives in the central Indiana area, this sounds like a really nice

> event.  I would love to take several of my family members;    I dont know if

> they'll go, but I plan t

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database