RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Hand pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hope the fish oil works for you, I've tried a few times, and the side effects I have out weigh the relief I get, but I know many that swear by the fish oil, so I hope you are one it works with. Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!

xo

Guest guest

So sorry your hurting, the pain and stiffness is the pits. I'm glad that it's the lesser of two evils. Take care, connie

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 8:53:47 PMSubject: Hand pain

Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!xo

Guest guest

Thanks, I hope it helps too without too much fishy 'aftertaste' ... apparently

if it's going to help I should know in a week or so.

My Dr also said that my fibromyalgia that I've had for about 10 years could well

actually be the sarcoidosis ...

And we've figured out why the Neurontin and Lyrica didn't help my foot pain - it

wasn't neuropathic pain at all, but arthritic pain! No wonder they didn't help!

xo

> I hope the fish oil works for you, I've tried a few times, and the side

effects I have out weigh the relief I get, but I know many that swear by the

fish oil, so I hope you are one it works with.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

>

> Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders,

knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically

predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at

least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Connie ... I really hope the treatment starts to make a difference, the

hand pain and weakness in particular is very hard to bear.

At least my sarcoid is behaving itself at the moment!

xo

>

> So sorry your hurting, the pain and stiffness is the pits. I'm glad that it's

the lesser of two evils. Take care, connie

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 8:53:47 PM

> Subject: Hand pain

>

>

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

, I'm so sorry to hear that you have yet another issue to deal with.  Like I think,(can't remember anything).  I have a friend who swears by it for her RA no less, and I know others that take it with great relief for Arthritis, I pray you are one of them,

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Thanks, I hope it helps too without too much fishy 'aftertaste' ... apparently if it's going to help I should know in a week or so.

My Dr also said that my fibromyalgia that I've had for about 10 years could well actually be the sarcoidosis ...

And we've figured out why the Neurontin and Lyrica didn't help my foot pain - it wasn't neuropathic pain at all, but arthritic pain! No wonder they didn't help!

xo

> I hope the fish oil works for you, I've tried a few times, and the side effects I have out weigh the relief I get, but I know many that swear by the fish oil, so I hope you are one it works with.

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Sorry to hear of the hand pain....Yes I am glad to hear that it is not RA....and I understand because that is what I have in my hands and back at this point. It gets to be a real pain at times.MattSubject: Hand painTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 8:53 PM

Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!

xo

Guest guest

Just back from seeing my immunologist. He think that the joint pain could be a

sarcoid symptom - he thinks it's more likely that I have one autoimmune disease

rather than two. Same treatment (fish oil, Celebrex etc), but possibly different

cause. (The Dr who diagnosed it as osteoarthritis isn't a sarcoid expert.)

He's not happy with how I'm going on the Methotrexate (quite a few side effects,

plus this increase in joint pain, and my liver is DEFINITELY not happy), so this

weekend I'll be changing over to Imuran. And I have to stop tapering off pred,

for the moment :/

xo

> Sorry to hear of the hand pain....Yes I am glad to hear that it is not

RA....and I understand because that is what I have in my hands and back at this

point. It gets to be a real pain at times.

>

> Matt

>

>

>

>

> Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 8:53 PM

>

>

>

> xo

>

>

>

Guest guest

, It is nice to know that it is related to one disease, I was told once a Doctor thought I had Lupus, that spent me spinning, I really didn't want to have to deal with 2, so I went internet surfing, and found all the symptoms I was having was related to Sarcoid, and all her test were neg. for Lupus.

Just having one is enough, I'm glad there going to get you on another treatment so that you will get to feeling better. Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Just back from seeing my immunologist. He think that the joint pain could be a sarcoid symptom - he thinks it's more likely that I have one autoimmune disease rather than two. Same treatment (fish oil, Celebrex etc), but possibly different cause. (The Dr who diagnosed it as osteoarthritis isn't a sarcoid expert.)

He's not happy with how I'm going on the Methotrexate (quite a few side effects, plus this increase in joint pain, and my liver is DEFINITELY not happy), so this weekend I'll be changing over to Imuran. And I have to stop tapering off pred, for the moment  :/

xo

> Sorry to hear of the hand pain....Yes I am glad to hear that it is not RA....and I understand because that is what I have in my hands and back at this point.  It gets to be a real pain at times.

>

> Matt

>

>

>

>

> Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 8:53 PM

>

>

> Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!

>

> xo

>

>

>

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

,I have been on Imuran for a few years now since I was diagnosed with NASH and cirrhosis and can no longer take prednisone. I have done very well on Imuran and have been walking without a cane and just a bit of foot drop for the past three years! (I was using a scooter/walker for about ten years before that and before that I was using a cane for a few years.)To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, March 8, 2011 1:40:53 AMSubject: Re: Hand pain

Just back from seeing my immunologist. He think that the joint pain could be a sarcoid symptom - he thinks it's more likely that I have one autoimmune disease rather than two. Same treatment (fish oil, Celebrex etc), but possibly different cause. (The Dr who diagnosed it as osteoarthritis isn't a sarcoid expert.)He's not happy with how I'm going on the Methotrexate (quite a few side effects, plus this increase in joint pain, and my liver is DEFINITELY not happy), so this weekend I'll be changing over to Imuran. And I have to stop tapering off pred, for the moment :/xo > Sorry to hear of the hand pain....Yes I am glad to hear that it is not RA....and I understand because that is what I have in my hands and back at this point. It gets to be a real pain at times.> > Matt> > > > > Subject: Hand pain> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 8:53 PM> > > Turns out I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet. Not the 'wear-and-tear' variety, but the 'genetically predisposed' sort. Dammit. Will start taking fish oils etc today ... but at least it's not rheumatoid, which is what I was worried about. Still hurts, but!> > xo > > >

------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database