RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New med

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred.  I've never tried CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk thistle, I do swear by it. I do hope your vision gets better.  I hate that it effects our eyes, one would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better,

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?

xo

Guest guest

Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week,

so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the

sarc probably isn't in there.

Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was

inevitable at some point :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have to

do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to

get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose.

Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend to get

steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with that too.

xxoo D

> ,

> I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried

CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk

thistle, I do swear by it.

> I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one would

think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better,

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

>

> Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a

bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which

indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also

getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll

be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes is on both the prednisone 20 mg a day & 750 mg of Mycophenolate (CellCept) a day. The cellcept is a med that according to her doctor has been used as an anti-organ rejection med, but has very good results for the neurosarcoidosis. The side affects are many, including dizziness, nausea, hair loss, trouble sleeping etc...However after the initial settling in period where had some nausea she has tolerated it extremely well. The doctor does routine blood work to make sure everything is ok.Hope this helpsMattSubject: New medTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 10:54 PM

Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?

xo

Guest guest

Well you know I call Pred the hate/love drug, we hate to take it, but love how it helps us feel better. I am really having a time trying to get rid of the Pred wt. still and it's been years. I started with some weights, and can tell I'm losing inches especially around the middle, but no weight off yet. I try to walk on the treadmill too, but finding that causes pain the next day, and that's only doing 10 mins. Oh well I know it could be worse, and I am thankful the Remicade is slowing the progression down.  Sweets is a biggie for me, I try to cut it out, then go on a sweet binge that makes me sick, so a little each day is better for me, still doesn't help the weight. 

Hang in there:) Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week, so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the sarc probably isn't in there.

Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was inevitable at some point  :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have to do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose. Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend to get steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with that too.

xxoo D

> ,

> I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred.  I've never tried CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk thistle, I do swear by it.

> I do hope your vision gets better.  I hate that it effects our eyes, one would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better,

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?

>

> xo

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

> Well you know I call Pred the hate/love drug, we hate to take it, but love how

it helps us feel better.

Isn't it just ...

> I am really having a time trying to get rid of the Pred wt. still and it's

been years. I started with some weights, and can tell I'm losing inches

especially around the middle, but no weight off yet. I try to walk on the

treadmill too, but finding that causes pain the next day, and that's only doing

10 mins.

Yes, I have similar problems with pain in my knees and feet ...

> Oh well I know it could be worse, and I am thankful the Remicade is slowing

the progression down. Sweets is a biggie for me, I try to cut it out, then go

on a sweet binge that makes me sick, so a little each day is better for me,

still doesn't help the weight.

Yes, I think " a little now and then " is more sustainable than a blanket ban

forever, that's my plan as well.

So - the question I wanted to ask people is this :

If you've gained weight on Pred, and have then been off it / on a low dose (and

your weight stays high but stable), what happens when you back onto a high dose

again? – Do you gain still MORE weight, and your face gets even MORE round etc,

or do you stay roughly where you were before? In other words, do subsequent dose

increases lead to further weight gain / fluid retention, or are the effects from

the first big doses pretty stable?

xo

> Hang in there:)

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

>

>

>

>

>

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week,

so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the

>

> Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was

do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to

get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose.

Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend to get

>

> xxoo D

>

>

>

>

> > ,

> > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried

> > I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one

would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better,

> >

> > Marla

> >

> > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> >

> > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a

> >

> > xo

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

When I went off the Pred. I lost the round face, and the water retention was better, when I went back on it,  I got the round face back with the water retention back, and off it went away again, however I do believe I gained wt each time, and haven't been able to lose that weight, in fact all I've done is gain, I can't remember the last time I lost any weight?  Sorry to say.

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

> Well you know I call Pred the hate/love drug, we hate to take it, but love how it helps us feel better.

Isn't it just ...

> I am really having a time trying to get rid of the Pred wt. still and it's been years. I started with some weights, and can tell I'm losing inches especially around the middle, but no weight off yet. I try to walk on the treadmill too, but finding that causes pain the next day, and that's only doing 10 mins.

Yes, I have similar problems with pain in my knees and feet ...

> Oh well I know it could be worse, and I am thankful the Remicade is slowing the progression down.  Sweets is a biggie for me, I try to cut it out, then go on a sweet binge that makes me sick, so a little each day is better for me, still doesn't help the weight.

Yes, I think " a little now and then " is more sustainable than a blanket ban forever, that's my plan as well.

So - the question I wanted to ask people is this :

If you've gained weight on Pred, and have then been off it / on a low dose (and your weight stays high but stable), what happens when you back onto a high dose again? – Do you gain still MORE weight, and your face gets even MORE round etc, or do you stay roughly where you were before? In other words, do subsequent dose increases lead to further weight gain / fluid retention, or are the effects from the first big doses pretty stable?

xo

> Hang in there:)

>

> Marla

>

> " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week, so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the sarc probably isn't in there.

>

> Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was inevitable at some point  :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have to do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose. Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend to get steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with that too.

>

> xxoo D

>

>

>

>

> > ,

> > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred.  I've never tried CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk thistle, I do swear by it.

> > I do hope your vision gets better.  I hate that it effects our eyes, one would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better,

> >

> > Marla

> >

> > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?

> >

> > xo

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I haven't taken Cellcept, but if you have trouble with benefits it is offered on NeedyMeds.org

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, April 17, 2011 10:54:10 PMSubject: New med

Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?xo

Guest guest

have you thought about directly contacting the company that makes the medicine, maybe contact the company in America. I know they offer help with this med on a special pharmaceutical run site. All they can tell you is no, but you also might get a pleasant surprise.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 5:49:44 PMSubject: Re: New medOh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week, so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the sarc probably isn't in there.Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was inevitable at some point :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have to do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose. Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever.

I also tend to get steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with that too.xxoo D> , > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk thistle, I do swear by it. > I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better, > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?> > xo > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

What a nice site and idea! I think the CellCept assistance is only available to

residents of the USA, unfortunately ...

" For those eligible patients in the United States who do not have insurance

coverage or who cannot afford their out-of-pocket co-pay costs, the company

provides several support options through the Genentech Access Solutions

program. "

xo

>

> I haven't taken Cellcept, but if you have trouble with benefits it is offered

on NeedyMeds.org

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Sun, April 17, 2011 10:54:10 PM

> Subject: New med

>

>

> Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a

>

> xo

>

>

>

Guest guest

Depending on the details of what happens with my script (I haven't got it yet),

and whether or not my Dr can get me an exemption, I will look at contacting

Roche in Australia for assistance ... my husband is also planning a major

'political attack' if that doesn't work - letters to politicians, health

ministers, involving the media if needs be (UGH).

xo

>

> have you thought about directly contacting the company that makes the

medicine, maybe contact the company in America. I know they offer help with

this med on a special pharmaceutical run site. All they can tell you is no, but

you also might get a pleasant surprise.

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 5:49:44 PM

> Subject: Re: New med

>

> Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week,

>

> Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was

>

> xxoo D

>

>

>

>

> > ,

> > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried

> > I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one

> >

> > Marla

> >

> > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> >

> > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a

> >

> > xo

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I've always opposed human cloning, but it's folks like your husband that make the idea more appealing! Sounds like he's a keeper, .

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:19:09 +1000> Subject: Re: New med> > Depending on the details of what happens with my script (I haven't got it yet), and whether or not my Dr can get me an exemption, I will look at contacting Roche in Australia for assistance ... my husband is also planning a major 'political attack' if that doesn't work - letters to politicians, health ministers, involving the media if needs be (UGH).> > xo > > > > > > > have you thought about directly contacting the company that makes the medicine, maybe contact the company in America. I know they offer help with this med on a special pharmaceutical run site. All they can tell you is no, but you also might get a pleasant surprise. > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > > Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 5:49:44 PM> > Subject: Re: New med> > > > Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this week, so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering, and the sarc probably isn't in there.> > > > Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it was inevitable at some point :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have to do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want to get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher dose. Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend to get steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with that too.> > > > xxoo D> > > > > > > > > > > , > > > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried CellCept, I do believe there are some that have. did you ask him about the milk thistle, I do swear by it. > > > I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one would think the rest of the body would be enough, feel better, > > > > > > Marla > > > > > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which indicates that my liver was having trouble with the Imuran. My vision is also getting worse again. So I'm back onto a high pred dose (50 mg, sigh), and he'll be putting me onto Mycophenolate (CellCept) soon. Anyone else on this med?> > > > > > xo > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > > > > > Message Archives:-> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > > > Members Database:-> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > > > >

Guest guest

He is a good egg, that's for sure! :)

> I've always opposed human cloning, but it's folks like your husband that make

the idea more appealing! Sounds like he's a keeper, .

>

> Ramblin' Rose

> Co-owner/Moderator

>

> " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! " (Bumper sticker)

>

>

>

>

> > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > From: denise@...

> > Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:19:09 +1000

> > Subject: Re: New med

> >

> > Depending on the details of what happens with my script (I haven't got it

yet), and whether or not my Dr can get me an exemption, I will look at

contacting Roche in Australia for assistance ... my husband is also planning a

major 'political attack' if that doesn't work - letters to politicians, health

ministers, involving the media if needs be (UGH).

> >

> > xo

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> > > have you thought about directly contacting the company that makes

the medicine, maybe contact the company in America. I know they offer help with

this med on a special pharmaceutical run site. All they can tell you is no, but

you also might get a pleasant surprise.

> > >

> > >

> > > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > > Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 5:49:44 PM

> > > Subject: Re: New med

> > >

> > > Oh, I forgot to ask about the milk thistle .... I need to see my GP this

week, so I'll ask her about it then. At least my liver *is* slowly recovering,

and the sarc probably isn't in there.

> > >

> > > Yeah, pretty sucky about being back on high pred, but I guess I knew it

was inevitable at some point :/ At least it's cheap! I've decided I really have

to do *something* about the weight gain (I've put on around 15 kg/33lb) and want

to get back to my regular weight, and not put on even more on this new higher

dose. Am trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, just forever. I also tend

to get steroid-induced diabetes on high pred doses, so this should help with

that too.

> > >

> > > xxoo D

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > ,

> > > > I'm sorry you have to go back to high dose on the Pred. I've never tried

> > > > I do hope your vision gets better. I hate that it effects our eyes, one

> > > >

> > > > Marla

> > > >

> > > > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;

Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish

Proverb

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Sutherland

wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Well, have just spoken with my immunologist - my liver function tests

are a bit better (still very high, but dropping down closer to normal), which

> > > >

> > > > xo

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Message Archives:-

> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> > >

> > > Members Database:-

> > > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> > >

> > >