RemedySpot.com

RE: Sleepless night

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey, Lyn, sorry to hear that 's having such a rough time. Have you talked to his doctors about the sweats & dehydration? They may need to check his electrolytes; if they are out of whack, that can cause cramps. Remind me again of his symptoms & treatment plan. He really need to taper off the Pred, but will need another drug to control the sarc as the Pred dose is decreased. Common drugs for this are Imuran, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Cytoxan & the big (also expensive) guns like Remicade. All of them come with their own potential side effects & complications, which you have to weigh against the sarc symptoms & Pred side effects. This may not be new info for you; I apologize if you already know all this. I'm having one family crisis after another; it's like an earthquakes & then after shocks. Constantly waiting for a house or something to fall on your head. So my already spotty memory is worse right now.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:09:12 +0000> Subject: Sleepless night> > Hello,> couldn't sleep lastnight again...another sleepless night in our house. The meds (pred) he is taking keep him up at night. He was sweating so profusely. The bed sheets and pillows were soaked. I had to drape towels on his side of the bed. Then he had bad cramps to where he couldn't walk. He drank a lot of liquids in between sleep. I'm sure he was dehydrated as he sweated all night. He felt better this morning aside from the usual joint pains. His immune system is down...bruises are showing up all over his body. He also has ITP (blood disease). His lips are split and haven't healed. Cabin fever has found our house. His health always improves in the spring and summer. He loves to work on our yard. He is looking forward to spring and summer to arrive. Thanks for keeping up with 's health.> > > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

Hi Lyn

sorry about all the problems!  i often have the same issues with bruising and sweating at night.  the very first time i started taking prednisone orally, almost 20 years ago, i was also a Michigan guy who had just moved to Phoenix & had to learn how to fal asleep when it was 118 degrees outside & about 85 inside.  it took a while to learn how to deal with it & get used to it.  yup, towels & spare pillows are often a part of my nightly routine, even these days.  i also found that if i make sure to take my prednisone with my breakfast, instead of dinner, night sweats are much less of a problem.  to help me sleep thru the night i also forced myself to cut out all caffeine of any kind after lunch, and that also seemed to help with the sweating.

if he runs out of yard work, send him my way, i have lots of it!

chris

Hello, couldn't sleep lastnight again...another sleepless night in our house. The meds (pred) he is taking keep him up at night. He was sweating so profusely. The bed sheets and pillows were soaked. I had to drape towels on his side of the bed. Then he had bad cramps to where he couldn't walk. He drank a lot of liquids in between sleep. I'm sure he was dehydrated as he sweated all night. He felt better this morning aside from the usual joint pains. His immune system is down...bruises are showing up all over his body. He also has ITP (blood disease). His lips are split and haven't healed. Cabin fever has found our house. His health always improves in the spring and summer. He loves to work on our yard. He is looking forward to spring and summer to arrive. Thanks for keeping up with 's health.

------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityMessage Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I think my husband has gone crazy. When he feels great, he goes and goes and

goes and never stops. He cleans the entire house including bathroom. He works on

our yard constantly. He works on our vehicles with our friend including

4-wheeler. He is ornary when the house is dirty (a little messy). Now he's

working on the bedroom, painting and flooring!

>

> > Hello,

> > couldn't sleep lastnight again...another sleepless night in our

> > house. The meds (pred) he is taking keep him up at night. He was sweating so

> > profusely. The bed sheets and pillows were soaked. I had to drape towels on

> > his side of the bed. Then he had bad cramps to where he couldn't walk. He

> > drank a lot of liquids in between sleep. I'm sure he was dehydrated as he

> > sweated all night. He felt better this morning aside from the usual joint

> > pains. His immune system is down...bruises are showing up all over his body.

> > He also has ITP (blood disease). His lips are split and haven't healed.

> > Cabin fever has found our house. His health always improves in the spring

> > and summer. He loves to work on our yard. He is looking forward to spring

> > and summer to arrive. Thanks for keeping up with 's health.

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> >

> >

> >

> > Message Archives:-

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> >

> > Members Database:-

> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> >

> >

Guest guest

I don't know about 's other conditions, but don't give up hope that things will get better and stay somewhat that way. I was about as sick and as disabled as I could possibly be for about ten years with small patches here and there of respite. It is now going on three years since a really bad flare. Yes, I have really bad days, but mostly I am much better functioning than I used to be. I have been walking without assistance (if you don't count the past four months ;) ) for three years now, and I get out of the house about once a week. I still cannot work, but my husband only has to do the cooking once or twice a week, and other than that doesn't have to do more for me than go to CVS to get my meds. Yes, I would like to be much better, but at least

I am no longer a burden on my family.Please know that you and are in my prayers.To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Fri, April 8, 2011 8:30:43 AMSubject: Re: Sleepless night

Hi Lyn

sorry about all the problems! i often have the same issues with bruising and sweating at night. the very first time i started taking prednisone orally, almost 20 years ago, i was also a Michigan guy who had just moved to Phoenix & had to learn how to fal asleep when it was 118 degrees outside & about 85 inside. it took a while to learn how to deal with it & get used to it. yup, towels & spare pillows are often a part of my nightly routine, even these days. i also found that if i make sure to take my prednisone with my breakfast, instead of dinner, night sweats are much less of a problem. to help me sleep thru the night i also forced myself to cut out all caffeine of any kind after lunch, and that also seemed to help with the sweating.

if he runs out of yard work, send him my way, i have lots of it!

chris

Hello, couldn't sleep lastnight again...another sleepless night in our house. The meds (pred) he is taking keep him up at night. He was sweating so profusely. The bed sheets and pillows were soaked. I had to drape towels on his side of the bed. Then he had bad cramps to where he couldn't walk. He drank a lot of liquids in between sleep. I'm sure he was dehydrated as he sweated all night. He felt better this morning aside from the usual joint pains. His immune system is down...bruises are showing up all over his body. He also has ITP (blood disease). His lips are split and haven't healed. Cabin fever has found our house. His health always improves in the spring and summer. He loves to work on our yard. He is looking forward to spring and summer to arrive. Thanks for keeping up with 's health.

------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityMessage Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

How much pred is he on, if you don't mind my asking. Pred is notorious for mood swing, frustration, anger. Trust me. It also dishes out cramps, hot flashes from the bad place, elevated blood sugars and hypertension. You may already have all the information, but there are some really good informationals on this site regarding pred and possible alternatives for it. I use anti-malaria medicine Chlorloquine. I'm allergic to methotrexate. I'll be praying for you both and your family. Till the body calms down life can be outrageously difficult to deal with.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, April 7, 2011 2:09:12 PMSubject: Sleepless night