Pred (50 mg) make you clumsy / droppy?

xo

------------------------------------

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-

Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I watch what I have in my hands at times, and keep saying in my mind "don't turn loose, keep gripping", it works pretty good. Keeps the hand from turning loose when it chooses

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 12:54:55 PMSubject: Re: Clumsy?

They can make you shaky, I broke 4 of my favorite crystal pasta bowls at one time, trying to carry them in my left hand (50% loss of strength) when I feel a while back, I'm still sick about it, so I know how you feel, the shakyness can cause you to lose grip I remember dropping things when I was on high Pred. I'm sorry it just stinks sometimes doesn't it! Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Argh, I've just broken my second fine china mug in a week! Can high doses of Pred (50 mg) make you clumsy / droppy?xo

Guest guest

Good advice Connie, I usually when thinking about it, just don't carry anything heavy in my left hand, as it's the worse hand.  I've been doing some exercise with weights and I hope it helps, since the treadmill wasn't working for losing weight, as I could not walk enough, the weights are, I've lost 5lbs, but mostly inches, it's a start, and it's easy and I can do it.  But still I shouldn't have had those bowls in my left hand. 

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

I watch what I have in my hands at times, and keep saying in my mind " don't turn loose, keep gripping " , it works pretty good.  Keeps the hand from turning loose when it chooses

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 12:54:55 PMSubject: Re: Clumsy? 

They can make you shaky, I broke 4 of my favorite crystal pasta bowls at one time, trying to carry them in my left hand (50% loss of strength) when I feel a while back,  I'm still sick about it, so I know how you  feel, the shakyness can cause you to lose grip I remember dropping things when I was on high Pred.  I'm sorry it just stinks sometimes doesn't it! 

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Argh, I've just broken my second fine china mug in a week! Can high doses of Pred (50 mg) make you clumsy / droppy?xo

Guest guest

One of my problems is the combination of stubbornness & laziness. I eat in the living room most of the time (dining room table always covered with stuff, most of it mine) & I often try to carry too much at once because I don't want to make another trip (it's probably 10 feet from my chair to the kitchen). Of course, this backfires when I drop my drink or tip my plate over & my food ends up on the floor. Next day I'll do the same thing; trying to do the waitress thing of carrying multiple dishes, etc.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:50:07 -0600Subject: Re: Clumsy?

Good advice Connie, I usually when thinking about it, just don't carry anything heavy in my left hand, as it's the worse hand. I've been doing some exercise with weights and I hope it helps, since the treadmill wasn't working for losing weight, as I could not walk enough, the weights are, I've lost 5lbs, but mostly inches, it's a start, and it's easy and I can do it. But still I shouldn't have had those bowls in my left hand. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

I watch what I have in my hands at times, and keep saying in my mind "don't turn loose, keep gripping", it works pretty good. Keeps the hand from turning loose when it chooses

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 12:54:55 PMSubject: Re: Clumsy?

They can make you shaky, I broke 4 of my favorite crystal pasta bowls at one time, trying to carry them in my left hand (50% loss of strength) when I feel a while back, I'm still sick about it, so I know how you feel, the shakyness can cause you to lose grip I remember dropping things when I was on high Pred. I'm sorry it just stinks sometimes doesn't it! Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Guest guest

LOL,  my dining room table is always full too, my husbands ask if I could at least keep it all at one end, I try.  as for carrying more then one thing at a time, I learned by dropping my favorite dishes and breaking them, not to do that anymore! 

One of my problems is the combination of stubbornness & laziness.  I eat in the living room most of the time (dining room table always covered with stuff, most of it mine) & I often try to carry too much at once because I don't want to make another trip (it's probably 10 feet from my chair to the kitchen).  Of course, this backfires when I drop my drink or tip my plate over & my food ends up on the floor.  Next day I'll do the same thing; trying to do the waitress thing of carrying multiple dishes, etc.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22 

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:50:07 -0600

Subject: Re: Clumsy?

Good advice Connie, I usually when thinking about it, just don't carry anything heavy in my left hand, as it's the worse hand.  I've been doing some exercise with weights and I hope it helps, since the treadmill wasn't working for losing weight, as I could not walk enough, the weights are, I've lost 5lbs, but mostly inches, it's a start, and it's easy and I can do it.  But still I shouldn't have had those bowls in my left hand. 

I watch what I have in my hands at times, and keep saying in my mind " don't turn loose, keep gripping " , it works pretty good.  Keeps the hand from turning loose when it chooses

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 12:54:55 PMSubject: Re: Clumsy? 

They can make you shaky, I broke 4 of my favorite crystal pasta bowls at one time, trying to carry them in my left hand (50% loss of strength) when I feel a while back,  I'm still sick about it, so I know how you  feel, the shakyness can cause you to lose grip I remember dropping things when I was on high Pred.  I'm sorry it just stinks sometimes doesn't it!