RemedySpot.com

Re: Chaos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks, Connie. It comforts me to know i have the support of this group.

RE: Chaos

I appreciate all the replies.  , my head knows you are right, but it's hard

when they call or just show up.  I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or

belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me.  I was supposed

to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but really didn't

feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for

me.  I told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something

totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told

her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! 

It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes),

but it looks l

Guest guest

,I have two sons in their early twenties, and they, too are at their nicest when they want money from me. My youngest is my greatest confidant, and is very supportive, but drives me crazy because he won't get a full-time job or works for this odd woman who never pays him but lets him drive her car or she buys him dinners. I am concerned that their relationship might be somewhat inappropriate (she is close to my age), or at the least she is trying to replace me There is so much I cannot do for him, being sick as I am most of the time, and with him living in a different city, I can't get there to be present for some of his more important moments. I guess I should be thankful that she is there for him when I can't be, but I, too, am jealous.

I wish I were better and could travel more!To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 3:40:30 AMSubject: RE: Chaos

Rose, my boys are nicest when someone else is around(their girlfriends) or when they want something(money). I love them to pieces but I'll be glad when they get a bit older and more mature. They have such a different mindset. They act like they know it all which couldn't be farthest from the truth. I only stick my neck out to say somethingwhen i thinkit really needs to be said. But still they do what they do. Rose, I am also in a bad place. Too much pain, notleaving the house for months at a time. Jealous of my nephew who went to the hospital for treatment of his migraines and now he is migraine-free. Happy for them cuz his wife is due for their first child in a few weeks so what a great time to be healed. ...but

jealous. so jealous that i could cry. Why can't they come up with a medication to heal me?.....sigh. I NEED to get out of the house and do something for ME. But i have little energy to do anything. I think my mom's health problems and my oldest brother dying has taken a toll on me emotionally and February/March are already tough months for me. Right now I need to put myself on the TOP of my to-do list. I need to fill up my cup til it's overflowing then i 'might' have something to give to someone else. HEY!...my youngest son paid me back about $400 last week.....so there's hope! lol hugs and hang in there! S.

Subject: RE: ChaosTo: neurosarcoidosis Date: Monday, March 7, 2011, 1:44 AM

I appreciate all the replies. , my head knows you are right, but it's hard when they call or just show up. I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me. I was supposed to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but really didn't feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for me. I told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes), but it looks like a prison uniform. I guess I should appreciate her offering to go for me, but I really wish I had gone myself. She also bought my 9-year old grandson a new cell phone for over

$100! He had a perfectly good phone (I don't think a 9-year old even needs a phone) that had a camera & text messaging. Why on earth spend over $100 when she is always poor mouthing about how she can't afford groceries, plus she could have used that money to fix her illegal noisy car! If she gets a ticket, she'll be griping that she can't pay it. Oh well, worry about what you can control, right? Right now I'm still in a lot of pain. Just getting up to the bathroom or fixing something to eat increases the pain a lot. The hot tub helps, so I'm getting in again in a bit. None of my tricks have really done much to help this, so I guess I'll call my doc tomorrow.

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 18:31:28 -0700Subject: Re: Chaos

, You couldn't of said it better. Rose do take care of yourself. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Rose, hang in there. it seems like everyone is going through a rough patch right now. We will always worry about the stuff our kids get themselves into. But they are grownups and need to handle more of this on their own. If you are suffering physically you need to concentrate on you right now. Do everything you know you need to do for yourself and let the experts handle your daughter. Stress may be a factor in your recovery. Lots of love and hugs! S.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Subject: ChaosTo: "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Date: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 6:20 PM

Sorry I've been AWOL again. The last week has been difficult due to my daughter Ginny's drug issues. After several incidents, she went into a treatment center for 4 days. She says she's going to follow up.with aftercare, but she always says that. On top of that, i've been having severe left leg pain for a few days, from my old messed-up spine. During the night the pain went from a dull ache to severe cramping, from my hip to my ankle, just on the outside of my leg. Got in the hot tub, which helped some, started back on baclofen & did my MBSR. It's a little better--I've got 3 big hot rice sox all along my leg! I cancelled an appt with my sarc doc today because I don't think I could make the hour's drive each way. I have tons of stuff to do, but it hurts so much when I .move around. I'm typing this on my cell phone; it hurts too much to sit at thee computer. I'm going to ask my daughter to bring in her laptop later as it's hard to type on

this phone. Anyway. A friend once told me that God brings order out of chaos, but I guess you have to have the chaos first! So I'll try to get online later & catch up with everybody.. ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Marla -- I can commiserate about the burning -- I liken it to being burned by hot oil when you are cooking. I have that burning pain all over my body now. I started on my face, then my hands and feet, and then all over. I take neurontin, geodon, lamictal, and fentanyl patches for the pain. I hope yours can be brought under control more quicklyRose, I love you, girl, and I hope, too, that you can alleviate your stress over Ginny. I know she drives you crazy, but remember, it's her battle, not yours. She will have to decide to change, and, for now, you need to distance yourself from her problems. How did she get ahold of a car? I thought she wasn't supposed to drive. If I were you, I'd report

her, for sure. She is not safe to drive.Did you discuss the high ammonia possibility? I think it fits her symptoms (some of them, anyway). BTW mine have been normal for three months. No more lactulose. Yay!To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 3:40:21 PMSubject: Re: Chaos

Rose, Do call your Doc today, sorry for the big words but I'm having trouble with my sight today, and the worse burning on the side of my face, like the worse sunburn you can get, you can't touch it without it hurting, my whole left side is so numb, it's funny to have my face so numb, and so painful at the same time. I get my Remicade on Wed. I was thinking of calling my doc too, see if I could maybe get a dose of steroid before the Remicade, wonder if that's even OK.

I'm sorry, your hurting Rose, I can so relate, I think the stress is putting you in a flare, man I wish we could just keep stress out of our life's, I know that's what's making mine worse. My husbands BP been up again, he came home today from golfing (that's right we've had no snow to speak of, and I l want some) anyway he was complaining of his legs and arms feeling tingling, his BP was up, he took a nitro, and felt better, and his BP, of course going to the hosp to get checked out, No.

I've asked him to move up his appt. Rose do what you need to do for yourself right now, if you get really sick you won't be able to help at all. your kids are grown, and the hardest thing sometimes is letting go and letting them learn, on their own. Hang in there, keep us informed, take care.

Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

I appreciate all the replies. , my head knows you are right, but it's hard when they call or just show up. I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me. I was supposed to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but really didn't feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for me. I told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes), but it looks like a prison uniform. I guess I should appreciate her offering to go for me, but I really wish I had gone myself. She also bought my 9-year old grandson a new cell phone for over $100!

He had a perfectly good phone (I don't think a 9-year old even needs a phone) that had a camera & text messaging. Why on earth spend over $100 when she is always poor mouthing about how she can't afford groceries, plus she could have used that money to fix her illegal noisy car! If she gets a ticket, she'll be griping that she can't pay it. Oh well, worry about what you can control, right?

Right now I'm still in a lot of pain. Just getting up to the bathroom or fixing something to eat increases the pain a lot. The hot tub helps, so I'm getting in again in a bit. None of my tricks have really done much to help this, so I guess I'll call my doc tomorrow.

Ramblin' RoseModerator

"I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 18:31:28 -0700

Subject: Re: Chaos

, You couldn't of said it better. Rose do take care of yourself. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Rose, hang in there. it seems like everyone is going through a rough patch right now. We will always worry about the stuff our kids get themselves into. But they are grownups and need to handle more of this on their own. If you are suffering physically you need to concentrate on you right now. Do everything you know you need to do for yourself and let the experts handle your daughter. Stress may be a factor in your recovery. Lots of love and hugs! S.

Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Subject: ChaosTo: "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >

Date: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 6:20 PM

Sorry I've been AWOL again. The last week has been difficult due to my daughter Ginny's drug issues. After several incidents, she went into a treatment center for 4 days. She says she's going to follow up.with aftercare, but she always says that. On top of that, i've been having severe left leg pain for a few days, from my old messed-up spine. During the night the pain went from a dull ache to severe cramping, from my hip to my ankle, just on the outside of my leg. Got in the hot tub, which helped some, started back on baclofen & did my MBSR. It's a little better--I've got 3 big hot rice sox all along my leg! I cancelled an appt with my sarc doc today because I don't think I could make the hour's drive each way. I have tons of stuff to do, but it hurts so much when I .move around. I'm typing this on my cell phone; it hurts too much to sit at thee computer. I'm going to ask my daughter to bring in her laptop later as it's hard to type on

this phone. Anyway. A friend once told me that God brings order out of chaos, but I guess you have to have the chaos first! So I'll try to get online later & catch up with everybody..

------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Hey, I like that metaphor better than the tree one. Went to the neuro today, my neck can not be fixed with kyphoplasty. My neck and arm has gotten alot worse, and I can't put it off anymore. They will do c-spine surgery 5/6. I can't have it any earlier because I've got to put some leave on the books. I worry more about the anesthesia more than I do the surgery. I don't do good in that area. He also thinks the sarc is going after my left eye, I can't make it follow a pen to the left, and we are having to up the Lyrica because my neuropathy is off the chain. Oh well, God always knows where I'm at, and I'm not going through near what a lot of you are. (Sorry, I had a mini gripe session moment-it's over now) I am going to do my

best not only to remember the chat tomorrow night, but to be there. I'll have to put it in my phone or it will slip right through the memory fence.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!). RE: Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did

consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers

Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I found out from my neuro it can only be used in compressed vertebrae. It is is bulging disc, herniated disc, osteophytes, vacumn disc, stenosis, etc it won't work. The kyphoplasty is used alot on people who have compression fractures from osteoporosis, etc. Bummer

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:15:19 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I'm having an MRI Monday to see what changes are there. I'll see the doc with some questions about options. I'll add that one tp the list! RE:

Chaos Thank you, Marla. I called my PCP this morning; they couldn't get me in to the doctor, but had an opening with the nurse-practitioner. I didn't know he had a NP; I guess she just started. I was happy to see her, you know I'm a little bit biased toward advanced practice nurses! Turns out she used to be one of the L & D nurses and went back to school since I retired. She was an excellent nurse, so I was very------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Pls let me know how the MRI comes out, well I know you won't know for a few days. My brain has left the building. Hopefully the results won't be as bad as you think. As I have said often, please be kind to Rose, I think she is a fabulous person.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:20:52 AMSubject: Re: ChaosThanks, Connie. It comforts me to know i have the support of this group. RE: Chaos I appreciate all the replies. , my head knows you are right, but it's hard when they call or just show up. I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me. I was supposed to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but really didn't feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for me. I

told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes), but it looks l------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Connie,My brother in law had c-spine surgery, he tried PT for a long time, was in pain for a long time, then finally had the surgery and has been pain free since waking up from surgery.  I hope you have as successful a surgery as he had. 

I like the memory thing, with the bottom rusted out, that's me too:) Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Hey, I like that metaphor better than the tree one.  Went to the neuro today, my neck can not be fixed with kyphoplasty.  My neck and arm has gotten alot worse, and I can't put it off anymore.  They will do c-spine surgery 5/6.  I can't have it any earlier because I've got to put some leave on the books.  I worry more about the anesthesia more than I do the surgery.  I don't do good in that area.  He also thinks the sarc is going after my left eye, I can't make it follow a pen to the left, and we are having to up the Lyrica because my neuropathy is off the chain.   Oh well, God always knows where I'm at, and I'm not going through near what a lot of you are.  (Sorry, I had a mini gripe session moment-it's over now)  I am going to do my

best not only to remember the chat tomorrow night, but to be there.  I'll have to put it in my phone or it will slip right through the memory fence. 

To: " conaugusta@... " ; " Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >

Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!).

RE: Chaos  Good thinking, Connie!  I did

consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out.  I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in

my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator  " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! "      (Bumper sticker)  ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis

From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community

Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers

Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Marla thank u so much i've been told so many horror stories u have really made

me feel better sorry about the small font, i writing this on my phone

----------

Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

- RE: Chaos

>

>

> Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment

> (I

> don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I

> pretty

> much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about

> it in

> my reply to Marla.

>

>

> Ramblin' Rose

> Moderator

>

> " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! " (Bumper sticker)

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> From: conaugusta@...

> Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

Connie, Your welcome, most horror stories are from the past, technology in microsurgery/surgery have come so far. I had a discectomy L4-5  14 years ago, and the same for me, in that I woke up from surgery pain free, and have been (as far as the back goes).  Of course wish I could get rid of the NS pain as easy. 

Ya I don't think that we can increase the font on the phones, as far as I know, and a lot of do answer from the phone, so no worries. Your in my prayers. Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Marla thank u so much i've been told so many horror stories u have really made me feel better sorry about the small font, i writing this on my phone

----------

>

>

> Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment

> (I

> don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I

> pretty

> much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about

> it in

> my reply to Marla.

>

>

> Ramblin' Rose

> Moderator

>

> " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! " (Bumper sticker)

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> From: conaugusta@...

> Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

Sorry i've been late n answering i'm a little stressed add the pain and i feel

like i'm frayed 2 the breaking point thanks 4 ur encouragement

----------

> >

> >

> > Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment

> > (I

> > don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I

> > pretty

> > much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about

> > it in

> > my reply to Marla.

> >

> >

> > Ramblin' Rose

> > Moderator

> >

> > " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! " (Bumper sticker)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > From: conaugusta@...

> > Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> >

> >

> >

> > Message Archives:-

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> >

> > Members Database:-

> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> >

> >

Guest guest

No worries, Connie, I'm sorry you're in so much pain, and I hope you see some relief ahead. Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Sorry i've been late n answering i'm a little stressed add the pain and i feel like i'm frayed 2 the breaking point thanks 4 ur encouragement

----------

> >

> >

> > Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment

> > (I

> > don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I

> > pretty

> > much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about

> > it in

> > my reply to Marla.

> >

> >

> > Ramblin' Rose

> > Moderator

> >

> > " I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in! " (Bumper sticker)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> > From: conaugusta@...

> > Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community

> >

> >

> >

> > Message Archives:-

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

> >

> > Members Database:-

> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

> >

> >

Guest guest

Connie, I don't know about "fabulous," but I appreciate your support!

Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:58:15 -0800Subject: Re: Chaos

Pls let me know how the MRI comes out, well I know you won't know for a few days. My brain has left the building. Hopefully the results won't be as bad as you think. As I have said often, please be kind to Rose, I think she is a fabulous person.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:20:52 AMSubject: Re: ChaosThanks, Connie. It comforts me to know i have the support of this group. RE: Chaos I appreciate all the replies. , my head knows you are right, but it's hard when they call or just show up. I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me. I was supposed to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but really didn't feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for me. I told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes), but it looks l------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Pizza's here! I'll get back on later & start catching up on messages.

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 00:33:26 +0000> Subject: Re: Re: Chaos> > Marla thank u so much i've been told so many horror stories u have really made me feel better sorry about the small font, i writing this on my phone> > ----------> Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email> > - RE: Chaos> >> >> > Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment> > (I> > don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I> > pretty> > much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about> > it in> > my reply to Marla.> >> >> > Ramblin' Rose> > Moderator> >> > "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker)> >> >> >> >> > ________________________________> > To: Neurosarcoidosis > > > Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201> >> >> > ------------------------------------> >> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> > The Neurosarcoidosis Community> >> >> >> > Message Archives:-> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> >> > Members Database:-> > Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database> >> >

Guest guest

Connie, I think I answered your post, telling you about my cervical fusion & how well it went. (Not remembering a lot of what happened the past few days; guess that's what lots of drugs can do to you.) At any rate, it was very successful & after the first couple of days, no real pain from the surgery, just soreness. But the arm pain was gone when I woke up from surgery. I really liked that surgeon; he sat down with me & actually wrote out the risks involved & how likely each one was. He also talked about how he had handled complications when they did occur. Most of the surgeons I've met just have you sign the consent form, without really discussing any of it. So I went into surgery with full confidence in him. I'd love to get his opinion on this lower back thing, but he only works on necks.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:53:37 -0800Subject: Re: Chaos

Hey, I like that metaphor better than the tree one. Went to the neuro today, my neck can not be fixed with kyphoplasty. My neck and arm has gotten alot worse, and I can't put it off anymore. They will do c-spine surgery 5/6. I can't have it any earlier because I've got to put some leave on the books. I worry more about the anesthesia more than I do the surgery. I don't do good in that area. He also thinks the sarc is going after my left eye, I can't make it follow a pen to the left, and we are having to up the Lyrica because my neuropathy is off the chain. Oh well, God always knows where I'm at, and I'm not going through near what a lot of you are. (Sorry, I had a mini gripe session moment-it's over now) I am going to do my best not only to remember the chat tomorrow night, but to be there. I'll have to put it in my phone or it will slip right through the memory fence.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!). RE: Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I stick by my statement

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 6:05:24 PMSubject: RE: Chaos

Connie, I don't know about "fabulous," but I appreciate your support!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:58:15 -0800Subject: Re: Chaos

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:20:52 AMSubject: Re: ChaosThanks, Connie. It comforts me to know i have the support of this group. RE: Chaos I appreciate all the replies. , my head knows you are right, but it's hard when they call or just show up. I don't which is worse--when she's doped up or belligerent, or when she's overly nice & slobbering all over me. I was supposed to go get a gift for my great-nephew's first birthday Sat., but

really didn't feel like going to the store. I mentioned it to Ginny & she offered to go for me. I told her what to get at WalMart, but she got the wrong toy (something totally inappropriate for a one-year old) & instead of the onesie size I told her, she got one way too big, plus it looks like an old-time prison outfit! It's actually an old-time football outfit (horitzontal brown & yellow stripes), but it looks l------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

My biggest fear with the surgery is my anesthesia track record. I can't remember the last time I had to be put to sleep and there wasn't an issue-medium to major. I had one anesthesiologist talk to me prior to a scheduled surgery and chicken out; so they would not do the surgery. The last time, they were doing a pacer change out and my mind woke up. I couldn't open my eyes, and I couldn't speak but I could hear them and could feel them cutting the old pacer out (it wasn't just a battery change, it was a device change). I am screaming in my head, I feel you, your hurting me. The doctor told my family that they knew there was a problem, but my vitals messed up so bad that they could not safely take me back down into the anesthesia where I needed to

be. I am real funny about embarassing myself, but when I finally came too, I was screaming for everything I was worth. I can not imagine them cutting through the front of my neck to get to my spine and that happening. I have asked to meet with the anesthesiologist for a sit down, I need some answers, and he/she needs to understand how weird my body can be, especially this sarcoid heart of mine. It does not play well with others. I'm sorry, don't mean to vent so, but it is still such a raw thing with me that when I think about it I want to cry and throw up at the same time. I am not letting my family know how terrified I am. In fact on the outside, I look like the epitome of calm. If it weren't for the arm and neck situation deteriorating so quickly, I would cancel the surgery and figure out a way to live with it.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 7:48:11 PMSubject: RE: Chaos

Connie, I think I answered your post, telling you about my cervical fusion & how well it went. (Not remembering a lot of what happened the past few days; guess that's what lots of drugs can do to you.) At any rate, it was very successful & after the first couple of days, no real pain from the surgery, just soreness. But the arm pain was gone when I woke up from surgery. I really liked that surgeon; he sat down with me & actually wrote out the risks involved & how likely each one was. He also talked about how he had handled complications when they did occur. Most of the surgeons I've met just have you sign the consent form, without really discussing any of it. So I went into surgery with full confidence in him. I'd love to get his opinion on this lower back thing, but he only works on necks.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:53:37 -0800Subject: Re: Chaos

Hey, I like that metaphor better than the tree one. Went to the neuro today, my neck can not be fixed with kyphoplasty. My neck and arm has gotten alot worse, and I can't put it off anymore. They will do c-spine surgery 5/6. I can't have it any earlier because I've got to put some leave on the books. I worry more about the anesthesia more than I do the surgery. I don't do good in that area. He also thinks the sarc is going after my left eye, I can't make it follow a pen to the left, and we are having to up the Lyrica because my neuropathy is off the chain. Oh well, God always knows where I'm at, and I'm not going through near what a lot of you are. (Sorry, I had a mini gripe session moment-it's over now) I am going to do my best not only to remember the chat tomorrow night, but to be there. I'll have to put it in my phone or it will slip right through the memory fence.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!). RE:

Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis

Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Wow, Connie, I don't blame you for being scared. I'm not an anesthesia expert, so have no ideas there. Hopefully the anesthesiologists can come up with something. Have you tried traction? In my case it didn't help without the loss of strength & feeling, but it did help a bit with the pain--or at least the second one helped. First they gave me this contraption that hung over a door. You put your chin in a sling & there was a bag of water as a counterweight. I never could get that thing adjusted right so that it didn't hurt worse. But then I got a pneumatic traction device. It was kind of like a pillow--I lay on my back with my neck in it & pumped it up until I felt a pull. That actually did help the pain a bit. You might want to try the traction, if you haven't already.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:11:34 -0700Subject: Re: Chaos

My biggest fear with the surgery is my anesthesia track record. I can't remember the last time I had to be put to sleep and there wasn't an issue-medium to major. I had one anesthesiologist talk to me prior to a scheduled surgery and chicken out; so they would not do the surgery. The last time, they were doing a pacer change out and my mind woke up. I couldn't open my eyes, and I couldn't speak but I could hear them and could feel them cutting the old pacer out (it wasn't just a battery change, it was a device change). I am screaming in my head, I feel you, your hurting me. The doctor told my family that they knew there was a problem, but my vitals messed up so bad that they could not safely take me back down into the anesthesia where I needed to be. I am real funny about embarassing myself, but when I finally came too, I was screaming for everything I was worth. I can not imagine them cutting through the front of my neck to get to my spine and that happening. I have asked to meet with the anesthesiologist for a sit down, I need some answers, and he/she needs to understand how weird my body can be, especially this sarcoid heart of mine. It does not play well with others. I'm sorry, don't mean to vent so, but it is still such a raw thing with me that when I think about it I want to cry and throw up at the same time. I am not letting my family know how terrified I am. In fact on the outside, I look like the epitome of calm. If it weren't for the arm and neck situation deteriorating so quickly, I would cancel the surgery and figure out a way to live with it.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!). RE: Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Connie,That sounds terrifying. I know I had a similar experience (being awake and aware but unable to speak or open my eyes), but luckily they were not cutting anything at the time. I can't imagine how awful that was!I must say (embarrassingly) that I have had more than my share of surgeries and that only happened with that first surgery. This past one (where they put the plate and six screws in my fibula and the two humongous screws in my tibia) the anesthesiologist was kind enough to give me an anti-nausea drug so that I didn't have that typical after surgery throwing up. Maybe you could do a little pre-surgery shopping around/interviewing. I think there are more than a couple of different drugs they

can use to keep you out during the surgery. As long as you surgeon is okay with it, it might be nice to have all that lined up before you go under.Just my two cents.To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 1:11:34 AMSubject: Re: Chaos

My biggest fear with the surgery is my anesthesia track record. I can't remember the last time I had to be put to sleep and there wasn't an issue-medium to major. I had one anesthesiologist talk to me prior to a scheduled surgery and chicken out; so they would not do the surgery. The last time, they were doing a pacer change out and my mind woke up. I couldn't open my eyes, and I couldn't speak but I could hear them and could feel them cutting the old pacer out (it wasn't just a battery change, it was a device change). I am screaming in my head, I feel you, your hurting me. The doctor told my family that they knew there was a problem, but my vitals messed up so bad that they could not safely take me back down into the anesthesia where I needed to

be. I am real funny about embarassing myself, but when I finally came too, I was screaming for everything I was worth. I can not imagine them cutting through the front of my neck to get to my spine and that happening. I have asked to meet with the anesthesiologist for a sit down, I need some answers, and he/she needs to understand how weird my body can be, especially this sarcoid heart of mine. It does not play well with others. I'm sorry, don't mean to vent so, but it is still such a raw thing with me that when I think about it I want to cry and throw up at the same time. I am not letting my family know how terrified I am. In fact on the outside, I look like the epitome of calm. If it weren't for the arm and neck situation deteriorating so quickly, I would cancel the surgery and figure out a way to live with it.

To: "conaugusta@..." ; "Neurosarcoidosis " <Neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Wed, March 9, 2011 2:09:56 AMSubject: Re: ChaosConnie, I appreciate your input. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the squirrels & birds (I enjoy making up my own metaphors; a friend calls me the Metaphor Queen!). RE:

Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The

Neurosarcoidosis

Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thanks , I agree. I have already ask that they set me up with an anesthesiologist so we can talk and get things squared away. I will just have to have faith that it will go right this time.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 6:50:36 PMSubject: Re: Chaos

Connie,

That sounds terrifying. I know I had a similar experience (being awake and aware but unable to speak or open my eyes), but luckily they were not cutting anything at the time. I can't imagine how awful that was!

I must say (embarrassingly) that I have had more than my share of surgeries and that only happened with that first surgery. This past one (where they put the plate and six screws in my fibula and the two humongous screws in my tibia) the anesthesiologist was kind enough to give me an anti-nausea drug so that I didn't have that typical after surgery throwing up.

Maybe you could do a little pre-surgery shopping around/interviewing. I think there are more than a couple of different drugs they can use to keep you out during the surgery. As long as you surgeon is okay with it, it might be nice to have all that lined up before you go under.

Just my two cents.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 1:11:34 AMSubject: Re: Chaos

My biggest fear with the surgery is my anesthesia track record. I can't remember the last time I had to be put to sleep and there wasn't an issue-medium to major. I had one anesthesiologist talk to me prior to a scheduled surgery and chicken out; so they would not do the surgery. The last time, they were doing a pacer change out and my mind woke up. I couldn't open my eyes, and I couldn't speak but I could hear them and could feel them cutting the old pacer out (it wasn't just a battery change, it was a device change). I am screaming in my head, I feel you, your hurting me. The doctor told my family that they knew there was a problem, but my vitals messed up so bad that they could not safely take me back down into the anesthesia where I needed to be. I am real funny about embarassing myself, but when I finally came too, I was screaming for everything I was worth. I can not imagine them cutting

through the front of my neck to get to my spine and that happening. I have asked to meet with the anesthesiologist for a sit down, I need some answers, and he/she needs to understand how weird my body can be, especially this sarcoid heart of mine. It does not play well with others. I'm sorry, don't mean to vent so, but it is still such a raw thing with me that when I think about it I want to cry and throw up at the same time. I am not letting my family know how terrified I am. In fact on the outside, I look like the epitome of calm. If it weren't for the arm and neck situation deteriorating so quickly, I would cancel the surgery and figure out a way to live with it.

Chaos Good thinking, Connie! I did consider DVT, but after a careful assessment (I don't know if you remember that I'm a retired certified nurse-midwife) I pretty much ruled that out. I did get checked out today; you can read all about it in my reply to Marla.Ramblin' RoseModerator "I child-proofed my home and they STILL get in!" (Bumper sticker) ________________________________To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Thu, 3 Mar 201------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis