RemedySpot.com

RE: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have bladder infections all the time. I am allergic to anything sulfa so I am limited on antis I can take.

Good luck with this crap.

Today I broke my Personal Record;;;;;;;; I am STILL ALIVE............

Jackie

Sulfa and sarc flares?

Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?Thanks for anything you might have to share.

Guest guest

Five years ago I suffered from recurring bladder infections ,until someone told me to take the juice of half a lemon in hot water every morning. This supposely detoxs the bladder. I havent had a infection since.

I hope this helps.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, 15 May, 2011 13:07:30Subject: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?Thanks for anything you might have to share.

Guest guest

I have used corn silk tea (found in natural food stores) cures any bladder or urinary tract infections.VivienSubject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?To: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 4:13 PM

Five years ago I suffered from recurring bladder infections ,until someone told me to take the juice of half a lemon in hot water every morning. This supposely detoxs the bladder. I havent had a infection since.

I hope this helps.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, 15 May, 2011 13:07:30Subject: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Guest guest

Jackie, do you mind if I steal your signature slogan to make a decal for my car?

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 11:31:52 -0500Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

I have bladder infections all the time. I am allergic to anything sulfa so I am limited on antis I can take.

Good luck with this crap.

Today I broke my Personal Record;;;;;;;; I am STILL ALIVE............

Jackie

Sulfa and sarc flares?

Guest guest

of course not I took it from someone else. lol

Sulfa and sarc flares?

Guest guest

I've done some research on the Internet today looking for answers to your questions. Haven't come up with anything yet, but I'll keep looking!

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 12:07:30 +0000> Subject: Sulfa and sarc flares?> > Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)> At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.> > Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?> > Thanks for anything you might have to share.> > > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

>

> Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections

(something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)

> At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of

our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does

anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have

something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is

a flare as you all can well understand.

>

> Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common

in sarc. True of not?

>

> Thanks for anything you might have to share.

>

I'm very appreciative of all your responses. Lots of non-medicine ideas to

consider.

@Ramblin' Rose I can't find anything online either. I've asked the person who

told me about her doctor's advice to see if she can get some kind of reference

from him so hopefully, she will be able to provide more info. I'll be interested

if you find anything and will be sure to share anything if I strike gold myself.

Guest guest

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Ramblin' Rose I'll be interested to know if you find something. I'll keep

searching myself and I'll let you all know if I learn anything.

>

> At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of

>

in sarc. True of not?

>

>

Guest guest

Okay. I've got you on a list for the chat reminders. I'll send one the day before & about 4 hr. before the chat.

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:00:56 +0000> Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?> > Thanks all for your suggestions. > > Ramblin' Rose I'll be interested to know if you find something. I'll keep searching myself and I'll let you all know if I learn anything.> > > >> > Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)> > At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.> > > > Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?> > > > Thanks for anything you might have to share.> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

I figured as much; just thought I'd ask. I've already made the decal, just have to print it & put it on my back window! Here's a photo; I'll put it on the inside of the window. You can buy bumper stickers to print, but I don't want to spend the money.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 20:28:24 -0500Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

of course not I took it from someone else. lol

Sulfa and sarc flares?

Guest guest

Put me on the chat reminder too, I did put it on my phone, so that will help with the timing issue I just can't seem to get right.  Thanks Rose. Marla

" Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Okay.  I've got you on a list for the chat reminders.  I'll send one the day before & about 4 hr. before the chat.

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22 

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > From: ncw001@...

> Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:00:56 +0000> Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?> > Thanks all for your suggestions. > > Ramblin' Rose I'll be interested to know if you find something. I'll keep searching myself and I'll let you all know if I learn anything.

> > > >> > Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)

> > At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.

> > > > Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?> > > > Thanks for anything you might have to share.> >>

> > > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

Okey dokey, Smokey!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:46:58 -0600Subject: Re: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Put me on the chat reminder too, I did put it on my phone, so that will help with the timing issue I just can't seem to get right. Thanks Rose. Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

Okay. I've got you on a list for the chat reminders. I'll send one the day before & about 4 hr. before the chat.

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:00:56 +0000> Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

> > Thanks all for your suggestions. > > Ramblin' Rose I'll be interested to know if you find something. I'll keep searching myself and I'll let you all know if I learn anything.> > > >> > Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)> > At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.> > > > Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?> > > > Thanks for anything you might have to share.> >> > > > > ------------------------------------

> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

Hey everyone!

I've been having a lot of bladder infections as well and the doctors say it comes from me having to be on so many different medications. Sometimes I really want to just give up on taking any medications and try going to see an herbal doctor.

Please keep my in your prayers I go for my malpractice case deposition tomorrow and I've been waiting a long time for this day. It will be exactly three years on June 23 that the doctor's at town University Hospital change my life forever when they give me the medication that I was allergic to that almost cost me my life. I suffer a lot to this day from their negligence and have so many life threatening illness. I pray that all goes well and justice prevails.

Thanks for your support and prays.

Rita

Guest guest

Hope things go well for you with this case, and your future health; am thinking of you up here in Thorold-- in Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada.

(Neurosarc in Niagara)

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: marvacalieb@...Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:49:24 -0700Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Hey everyone!

I've been having a lot of bladder infections as well and the doctors say it comes from me having to be on so many different medications. Sometimes I really want to just give up on taking any medications and try going to see an herbal doctor.

Please keep my in your prayers I go for my malpractice case deposition tomorrow and I've been waiting a long time for this day. It will be exactly three years on June 23 that the doctor's at town University Hospital change my life forever when they give me the medication that I was allergic to that almost cost me my life. I suffer a lot to this day from their negligence and have so many life threatening illness. I pray that all goes well and justice prevails.

Rita

Guest guest

You're in my prayers.  Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

Hey everyone!

I've been having a lot of bladder infections as well and the doctors say it comes from me having to be on so many different medications.  Sometimes I really want to just give up on taking any medications and try going to see an herbal doctor. 

Please keep my in your prayers I go for my malpractice case deposition tomorrow and I've been waiting a long time for this day.  It will be exactly three years on June 23 that the doctor's at town University Hospital change my life forever when they give me the medication that I was allergic to that almost cost me my life.  I suffer a lot to this day from their negligence and have so many life threatening illness.  I pray that all goes well and justice prevails.

Rita

Guest guest

my prayers go out to you that this case goes in your favor. hugs S.Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?To: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 3:49 PM

Hey everyone!

Please keep my in your prayers I go for my malpractice case deposition tomorrow and I've been waiting a long time for this day. It will be exactly three years on June 23 that the doctor's at town University Hospital change my life forever when they give me the medication that I was allergic to that almost cost me my life. I suffer a lot to this day from their negligence and have so many life threatening illness. I pray that all goes well and justice prevails. Thanks for your support and prays. Rita

Guest guest

Rita, did you have your hearing this morning or is it on Friday?

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: marvacalieb@...Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:49:24 -0700Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Hey everyone!

Rita

Guest guest

Not sure what I missed - but in 2002 I took sufa antibiotics - got a fever and

turned bright red and itchy - 2007 I was diagnosed with Sarc,but I was sick

before that. Why do you conclude thatit is the docs fault? did they know you

were allergic to it. I had never had it before and never associated that event

with my problems now - just looking for answers . . .

>

>

in sarc. True of not?

>

>

Guest guest

> To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:38:12 +0000> Subject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?> > Not sure what I missed - but in 2002 I took sufa antibiotics - got a fever and turned bright red and itchy - 2007 I was diagnosed with Sarc,but I was sick before that. Why do you conclude thatit is the docs fault? did they know you were allergic to it. I had never had it before and never associated that event with my problems now - just looking for answers . . .> > > >> > Recently, I was put on trimethaprim sulfa for recurrent bladder infections (something new for me since I developed neurosarc 4 yrs ago)> > At our support group meeting yesterday,I learned that a doctor had told one of our members that a recent study in Europe linked flares with sulfa drugs. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this? If at all possible, I'd like to have something more than hearsay to approach my doctor. But the last thing I want is a flare as you all can well understand.> > > > Secondary question, another member told me that bladder infections are common in sarc. True of not?> > > > Thanks for anything you might have to share.> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community> > > > Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages> > Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database > >

Guest guest

I am so riddled with pain , that I cant really tell when I have a bladder

infections - these lead to kidney infections - which have ended me in th

ehopsital. So yes - these infections are since my Sarc and - worse with

prednisone (on Methotrexate and plaquenil now)

>

>

in sarc. True of not?

>

>

Guest guest

I hope you prevail also, Hopefully it will spare someone else your pain. Take care

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Wed, May 18, 2011 11:49:24 AMSubject: Re: Sulfa and sarc flares?

Hey everyone!

Please keep my in your prayers I go for my malpractice case deposition tomorrow and I've been waiting a long time for this day. It will be exactly three years on June 23 that the doctor's at town University Hospital change my life forever when they give me the medication that I was allergic to that almost cost me my life. I suffer a lot to this day from their negligence and have so many life threatening illness. I pray that all goes well and justice prevails. Thanks for your support and prays. Rita