RemedySpot.com

off topic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I love that story, ! Good old ingenuity. Now my repair tools are duct tape, stapler & cable ties!

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: neurosarcoidosis From: wluce50@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:38:54 +0000Subject: RE: Off topic

All these recollections bring back a memory for me: at the end of our pre-grad year, my best friend made a jumpsuit (yes, that far back) as part her final home-ec project, but it was designed to show off her best assets in keeping with the times (think Abba/Mama Mia). It was a wonderful design, and all went well until the zipper which proved a challenge to find (about 30" if I recall). To pass in class, she put in a shorter zipper. But our big dance was the night she got her jumpsuit returned from the Home Ec teacher, and after hair, make-up etc which a bunch of us did at my house, we found Melinda still trying to get into the one-piece outfit even with the new zipper, which went up the back from below the waist to the neckline; Melinda was tall; about 5' 10" . . . My Mom, who has always been a sewing whiz, was in on the project, too -- to no avail. . . so at the last minute, Mom hand-stiched my friend into her outfit and she looked as glamourous as she and we had all hoped.Of course, this was all to impress a certain guy. . . and fortunately, it worked, but I had to carry scissors, needle and thread, and cut her out, then re-stitch her every time she made a trip to the washroom. She had a different outfit for our post-party pizza and get-together, so my responsibilties ended before the whole night was over. It was fun, and she and the guy are still a couple . . .married more than 30 y ears, and nearly 40 years after "the dance" :)Her turn to help me came when I decided to make a couple of bathing suits (yes, to impress a guy) for our cottage vacation that summer. This was a cost-saving way to be "in style", except I chose the wrong fabrics . . .while the suits were quite flattering, and very up-to-the minute, the bikini two-piece fabric streched the moment it hit the water, so Melinda had to tie me back into the suit after I swam out to the raft the first time, then stick behind me later when I swam back to the dock. That became a tanning-only suit (before we knew better . . .) The other was worse: I used a "sharkskin" cotton (should have known from the name) to line a very sheer fabric -- to prevent see-through in the water -- only to find out it actually held water: the top and bottom both ballooned out with gallons of water I would have to manually dump from the top and bottom once I got out of the water. But it was the only water-usable suit I had that summer, so I had to go with it.Don't sew much anymore; don't even mend well; hands are kind of useless. But I am thinking about knitting or trying to crochet as my first grandchild due in October, and it seems to be what grandmas do . . .Cheers, and thanks for the memories.

To: neurosarcoidosis From: mamadogrose@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:42:07 -0400Subject: RE: Off topic

You are brave to make prom dresses! I made a long gown for my older daughter one year, trying to save money. Well, you know that time is money & I spent several weekends & nights working on that danged dress.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 04:16:06 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic

I would rather build my own than fix someone else's. I love to sew and I think I am running out of people to give my creations to. lol But I will continue. Made granddaughters prom dresses this year. I get tired so easy that it takes longer. but I got it done.

I love to crochet too. I lose count a lot and end up either giving up or tearing it apart at least some of it. Oh well it keep me out of the bars. lol

Jackie

Today I broke my Personal Record;;;;;;;; I am STILL ALIVE............

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmoml ogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Okay, Marla, I've got one more tale to tell. Early in my marriage, when I was still slender, I made a two-piece suit of fluorescent green. It wasn't quite a bikini, but close. The top had a little heart cut-out so that I had a little brown heart tanned on my chest! A couple of years later, I decided to be baptized. The church had a campground with a pool that they used. We were told to wear a swimsuit under our robes. The only suit I had was that green one, so I took it. At the campground they gave us white robes to wear over our swimsuits. It didn't occur to me what would happen when that robe got wet; you got it--I came up out of the water with that wet robe clinging to my bright green suit in front of a couple hundred people! I seriously considered changing churches after that, but decided to stay. Nobody ever said a word to me, but I'll bet there was a lot of whispering!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:23:24 -0600Subject: Re: Off topic

OK since we're talking a walk down memory lane, I made a hot lime green bathing suit with plastic rings holding the front of the top together, and on each side of the bottom. I had a friend with a pool, and we would sit by the pool and read, (after chores of course). Well one day her cousin, a couple years older, (not hot) but funny. Was hanging with us for the day, and I took a dive off the board, and my ring broke, the cousin was hanging in the swallow end, he says he heard it and put his head in the water just in time to see everything, one I don't believe him, I was pretty fast in grabbing the suit and pulling it back together, and two, I was 14 there was nothing to see. Last suit I made with plastic rings, lol Marla "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb

All these recollections bring back a memory for me: at the end of our pre-grad year, my best friend made a jumpsuit (yes, that far back) as part her final home-ec project, but it was designed to show off her best assets in keeping with the times (think Abba/Mama Mia). It was a wonderful design, and all went well until the zipper which proved a challenge to find (about 30" if I recall). To pass in class, she put in a shorter zipper. But our big dance was the night she got her jumpsuit returned from the Home Ec teacher, and after hair, make-up etc which a bunch of us did at my house, we found Melinda still trying to get into the one-piece outfit even with the new zipper, which went up the back from below the waist to the neckline; Melinda was tall; about 5' 10" . . . My Mom, who has always been a sewing whiz, was in on the project, too -- to no avail. . . so at the last minute, Mom hand-stiched my friend into her outfit and she looked as glamourous as she and we had all hoped.Of course, this was all to impress a certain guy. . . and fortunately, it worked, but I had to carry scissors, needle and thread, and cut her out, then re-stitch her every time she made a trip to the washroom. She had a different outfit for our post-party pizza and get-together, so my responsibilties ended before the whole night was over. It was fun, and she and the guy are still a couple . . .married more than 30 y ears, and nearly 40 years after "the dance" :)Her turn to help me came when I decided to make a couple of bathing suits (yes, to impress a guy) for our cottage vacation that summer. This was a cost-saving way to be "in style", except I chose the wrong fabrics . . .while the suits were quite flattering, and very up-to-the minute, the bikini two-piece fabric streched the moment it hit the water, so Melinda had to tie me back into the suit after I swam out to the raft the first time, then stick behind me later when I swam back to the dock. That became a tanning-only suit (before we knew better . . .) The other was worse: I used a "sharkskin" cotton (should have known from the name) to line a very sheer fabric -- to prevent see-through in the water -- only to find out it actually held water: the top and bottom both ballooned out with gallons of water I would have to manually dump from the top and bottom once I got out of the water. But it was the only water-usable suit I had that summer, so I had to go with it.Don't sew much anymore; don't even mend well; hands are kind of useless. But I am thinking about knitting or trying to crochet as my first grandchild due in October, and it seems to be what grandmas do . . .Cheers, and thanks for the memories.

To: neurosarcoidosis From: mamadogrose@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:42:07 -0400Subject: RE: Off topicYou are brave to make prom dresses! I made a long gown for my older daughter one year, trying to save money. Well, you know that time is money & I spent several weekends & nights working on that danged dress.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 04:16:06 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic

I would rather build my own than fix someone else's. I love to sew and I think I am running out of people to give my creations to. lol But I will continue. Made granddaughters prom dresses this year. I get tired so easy that it takes longer. but I got it done.

I love to crochet too. I lose count a lot and end up either giving up or tearing it apart at least some of it. Oh well it keep me out of the bars. lol

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other

Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmoml ogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried.

> I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Hey, back then guys were sharp in those leisure suits, esp. the bright colors.Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22 To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:09:33 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic Has anyone ever made the "leisure suits" Argh those were terrible. lol Today I broke my Personal Record;;;;;;;; I am STILL ALIVE............ Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some su! rgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

She is a cutie pie, my girl :) And yes, she's heavily into the jazz scene, she

loves all that stuff!

> , that is so cute! Jen looks like you, doesn't she? I could see her

dancing the jive on Dancing With the Stars.

>

>

> Ramblin' Rose

> Co-owner/Moderator

>

> A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> From: denise@...

> Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:46:14 +1000

> Subject: Re: Off topic [1 Attachment]

>

>

> There's an excellent web site, http://knitty.com which has tons of free

pattern and articles on knitting, and http://knittinghelp.com which has free

videos. Knitting helps keep me sane, it's a great meditative activity.

>

> xo :)

>

>

>

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Neurosarcoidosis Community

>

>

>

> Message Archives:-

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

>

> Members Database:-

> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

>

>

Guest guest

yeah but the double knit fabric and the top stitching were the pits. lol

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some su! rgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Love them -- and velcro!!

To: neurosarcoidosis From: mamadogrose@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:54:22 -0400Subject: RE: Off topic

I love that story, ! Good old ingenuity. Now my repair tools are duct tape, stapler & cable ties!

To: neurosarcoidosis From: wluce50@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:38:54 +0000Subject: RE: Off topic

To: neurosarcoidosis From: mamadogrose@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:42:07 -0400Subject: RE: Off topic

You are brave to make prom dresses! I made a long gown for my older daughter one year, trying to save money. Well, you know that time is money & I spent several weekends & nights working on that danged dress.

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmoml ogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

You were and still are awesome Rose. Do you reckon being type A personalities got us in trouble with sarc? Oh and I didn't mean to sound like a smart aleck about the phone, I just didn't want you to think it was Iphone or something that would record. It is just a little $49 slide, it just happens to record

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, May 16, 2011 11:14:59 PMSubject: Off topic

, I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!), helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's,

it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: precisesewing@...Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other

Hey Mike,

On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.

good luck.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PMSubject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to

wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an

appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Props to you , I'm glad you got the orders. People look good in nice hats

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, May 17, 2011 11:03:45 PMSubject: Re: Off topic

I picked up crocheting, after the sewing thing was getting too frustrating and was straining my one eye I have left. Now I am crocheting hats. Some days I will try and sew in the morning when my vision is better and then at night to keep from eating and drinking a lot of fluids I will keep my hands busy and make a hat. My mom bought me this book of 100 hat patterns. I have 94 patterns left to make. I told my family members to pick a hat and any color and I will make it for them. My sister wore her hat to work one day and four people wanted a hat just like it. My sister asked me what I wanted to charge for the hats and they then placed their order and a week later they got their hat. :) I wish it was always that easy.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Tue, May 17, 2011 2:49:54 PMSubject: RE: Off topic

I wish I could still do that. I used to crochet a lot; thinking of taking that up again. I also used to do cross stitch, but between the shaky hands & problems with close-up vision, gave that up too. My first great-greatgrandbaby is due in 3 mos. It would be nice to crochet him a blanket.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:25:23 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic

I sew all the time. I just recovered my wheel chair for the 2nd time. I also make all my grandkids clothes. Last year I made the boys suede jackets.

And I do the embroidery and all kinds of embellishments too. Got to keep busy.

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to

wait for the MRI and the neurologist to inte rpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an

appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some s! urgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

I also sew, I just got done making my granddaugter special tops to go over her body cast, so she'll look nice and be cool till this is over. I don't sew as much as I used to, I tire out to fast. My other granddaughter wants a summer dress, so too the cloth store we go tomorrow. I crochet some, but it stresses me out

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 1:30:07 AMSubject: Re: Off topicI sew, sometimes (made my daughter's prom outfit), but am mainly an obsessed knitter :)xo > It's interesting how many of us sew, I don't do so much anymore, but I made my wedding dress too, and a lot of my clothes, my daughters baptismal gown, I love to sew, it's really a stress release, but I haven't done it in awhile. I do a lot of fixing, and alterations, hem all my husbands suits, etc.... I use to do blankets, esp baby, and I'm sure I will again some day, I

hope!! > My husband even sews, but not clothes, he makes things he uses on his sail boat, there called butt buckets. > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > A big AMEN to that one! > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > , I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!), helped coach softball, plus

practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.> > Ramblin' Rose> Co-owner/Moderator> > A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22> > > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700> Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > > Hey Mike,> On the MRI it looks like a

big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.> good luck.> > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PM> Subject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so

her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mike> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on

my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > >

------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

, Let me first say I'm sorry, because I am sitting here laughing picturing the swimsuits, especially the shark skin

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 11:38:54 AMSubject: RE: Off topic

All these recollections bring back a memory for me: at the end of our pre-grad year, my best friend made a jumpsuit (yes, that far back) as part her final home-ec project, but it was designed to show off her best assets in keeping with the times (think Abba/Mama Mia). It was a wonderful design, and all went well until the zipper which proved a challenge to find (about 30" if I recall). To pass in class, she put in a shorter zipper. But our big dance was the night she got her jumpsuit returned from the Home Ec teacher, and after hair, make-up etc which a bunch of us did at my house, we found Melinda still trying to get into the one-piece outfit even with the new zipper, which went up the back from below the waist to the neckline; Melinda was tall; about 5' 10" . . . My Mom, who has always been a sewing whiz, was in on the project, too -- to no avail. . . so at the last minute, Mom hand-stiched my

friend into her outfit and she looked as glamourous as she and we had all hoped.Of course, this was all to impress a certain guy. . . and fortunately, it worked, but I had to carry scissors, needle and thread, and cut her out, then re-stitch her every time she made a trip to the washroom. She had a different outfit for our post-party pizza and get-together, so my responsibilties ended before the whole night was over. It was fun, and she and the guy are still a couple . . .married more than 30 y ears, and nearly 40 years after "the dance" :)Her turn to help me came when I decided to make a couple of bathing suits (yes, to impress a guy) for our cottage vacation that summer. This was a cost-saving way to be "in style", except I chose the wrong fabrics . . .while the suits were quite flattering, and very up-to-the minute, the bikini two-piece fabric streched the moment it hit the water, so Melinda had

to tie me back into the suit after I swam out to the raft the first time, then stick behind me later when I swam back to the dock. That became a tanning-only suit (before we knew better . . .) The other was worse: I used a "sharkskin" cotton (should have known from the name) to line a very sheer fabric -- to prevent see-through in the water -- only to find out it actually held water: the top and bottom both ballooned out with gallons of water I would have to manually dump from the top and bottom once I got out of the water. But it was the only water-usable suit I had that summer, so I had to go with it.Don't sew much anymore; don't even mend well; hands are kind of useless. But I am thinking about knitting or trying to crochet as my first grandchild due in October, and it seems to be what grandmas do . . .Cheers, and thanks for the memories.

To: neurosarcoidosis From: mamadogrose@...Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:42:07 -0400Subject: RE: Off topicYou are brave to make prom dresses! I made a long gown for my older daughter one year, trying to save money. Well, you know that time is money & I spent several weekends & nights working on that danged dress.

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to

wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an

appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmoml ogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may! be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Connie said: Do you reckon being type A personalities got us in trouble with sarc?

Now there's a new theory! Think we can get some research dollars there?!?

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 22:44:06 -0700Subject: Re: Off topic

You were and still are awesome Rose. Do you reckon being type A personalities got us in trouble with sarc? Oh and I didn't mean to sound like a smart aleck about the phone, I just didn't want you to think it was Iphone or something that would record. It is just a little $49 slide, it just happens to record

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Mon, May 16, 2011 11:14:59 PMSubject: Off topic

, I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!), helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: precisesewing@...Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other

Hey Mike,

On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.

good luck.

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PMSubject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)Hope everyone is managing regardsMike>> I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont>

Guest guest

Maybe I'm weird (okay, of course I'm weird), but I can get a content feeling just cruising through the fabric store, not buying anything, just looking at the fabrics, feeling them. Don't need to buy any. Hey, it's a cheap high!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 23:10:53 -0700Subject: Re: Off topic

I also sew, I just got done making my granddaugter special tops to go over her body cast, so she'll look nice and be cool till this is over. I don't sew as much as I used to, I tire out to fast. My other granddaughter wants a summer dress, so too the cloth store we go tomorrow. I crochet some, but it stresses me out

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 1:30:07 AMSubject: Re: Off topicI sew, sometimes (made my daughter's prom outfit), but am mainly an obsessed knitter :)xo > It's interesting how many of us sew, I don't do so much anymore, but I made my wedding dress too, and a lot of my clothes, my daughters baptismal gown, I love to sew, it's really a stress release, but I haven't done it in awhile. I do a lot of fixing, and alterations, hem all my husbands suits, etc.... I use to do blankets, esp baby, and I'm sure I will again some day, I hope!! > My husband even sews, but not clothes, he makes things he uses on his sail boat, there called butt buckets. > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > A big AMEN to that one! > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > , I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!), helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.> > Ramblin' Rose> Co-owner/Moderator> > A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22> > > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700> Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > > Hey Mike,> On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.> good luck.> > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PM> Subject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mike> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I like to do what I call power shopping.

I go to the store, Like Wal-Mart, I fill up a cart with things I wish I could have but don't really need. Then I walk away. Now before you all think I am bad I am accomplishing 3 things.

I am taking care of my depression with shopping.....

I am saving money because I am not buying anything.

And I am keeping someone employed because someone has to put it all back.

Now isn't that really smart??????

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmo logist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mik e> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as muc h as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Hey, Jackie, that sounds okay to me, unless you have ice cream or something in there!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:13:36 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic

I go to the store, Like Wal-Mart, I fill up a cart with things I wish I could have but don't really need. Then I walk away. Now before you all think I am bad I am accomplishing 3 things.

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmo logist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mik e> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\ NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as muc h as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > > Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

I like to g there too, took my granddaughter to JoAnn's (fabric store) Saturday

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 12:29:24 AMSubject: RE: Off topic

Maybe I'm weird (okay, of course I'm weird), but I can get a content feeling just cruising through the fabric store, not buying anything, just looking at the fabrics, feeling them. Don't need to buy any. Hey, it's a cheap high!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 23:10:53 -0700Subject: Re: Off topic

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 1:30:07 AMSubject: Re: Off topicI sew, sometimes (made my daughter's prom outfit), but am mainly an obsessed knitter :)xo > It's interesting how many of us sew, I don't do so much anymore, but I made my wedding dress too, and a lot of my clothes, my daughters baptismal gown, I love to sew, it's really a stress release, but I haven't done it in awhile. I do a lot of fixing, and alterations, hem all my husbands suits, etc.... I use to do blankets, esp baby, and I'm sure I will again some day, I

hope!! > My husband even sews, but not clothes, he makes things he uses on his sail boat, there called butt buckets. > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > A big AMEN to that one! > > Marla > > "Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." - Irish Proverb > > > > > > > , I've noticed your email address is precise sewing. Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what? I used to sew all kinds of stuff. Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all. I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias! Plus pearlized snaps. I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them. Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments. I look back & think, "How on earth did I do all that?" I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!),

helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids. Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day. To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), "I'm too young to feel this damn old." Amen to that.> > Ramblin' Rose> Co-owner/Moderator> > A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22> > > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700> Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or

some-other> > > > Hey Mike,> On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter. but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was. The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis. I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain. The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye. Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.> good luck.> > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PM> Subject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or

myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mike> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\

NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > >

Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Gotta love her.....

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 1:13:36 PMSubject: Re: Off topic

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmo logist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or

myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mik e> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\

NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as muc h as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > >

Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis Community Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Oh Rose, I accidently drowned my mother's phone and we opened it and put it at the bottom of the refrigerator, like when you dry tennis shoes to dry it out.

To: neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 1:50:20 PMSubject: RE: Off topic

Hey, Jackie, that sounds okay to me, unless you have ice cream or something in there!

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: shadowme810@...Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:13:36 -0500Subject: Re: Off topic

Jackie

Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> > > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmo logist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or

myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it. > For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mik e> > > >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\

NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as muc h as I hate to say it....I'm worried. > > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > >

Guest guest

Rose not strange, I love to what I call " window " shop, as I can go through any store and touch things, try on shoes, I would never be able to wear anymore,  and leave without a thing, and feel good, it's my therapy.  When I get really down, I go into the expensive stores where I know I can't afford, or would even pay there prices if I could, come out empty handed and feel great! 

Marla " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  

I like to g there too, took my granddaughter to JoAnn's (fabric store) Saturday

To: neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 12:29:24 AMSubject: RE: Off topic 

Maybe I'm weird (okay, of course I'm weird), but I can get a content feeling just cruising through the fabric store, not buying anything, just looking at the fabrics, feeling them.  Don't need to buy any.  Hey, it's a cheap high!

Ramblin' RoseCo-owner/Moderator

A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22 

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: conaugusta@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 23:10:53 -0700

Subject: Re: Off topic

I also sew, I just got done making my granddaugter special tops to go over her body cast, so she'll look nice and be cool till this is over.  I don't sew as much as I used to, I tire out to fast.  My other granddaughter wants a summer dress, so too the cloth store we go tomorrow.  I crochet some, but it stresses me out

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Sent: Thu, May 19, 2011 1:30:07 AMSubject: Re: Off topicI sew, sometimes (made my daughter's prom outfit), but am mainly an obsessed knitter  :)

xo > It's interesting how many of us sew, I don't do so much anymore, but I made my wedding dress too, and a  lot of my clothes, my daughters baptismal gown, I love to sew, it's really a stress release, but I haven't done it in awhile.  I do a lot of fixing, and alterations, hem all my husbands suits, etc....  I use to do blankets, esp baby, and I'm sure I will again some day,  I

hope!!  > My husband even sews, but not clothes, he makes things he uses on his sail boat, there called butt buckets.  > > Marla > > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb 

> > > > > > >  A big AMEN to that one! 

> > Marla > > " Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. " - Irish Proverb  > >

> > > >  > , I've noticed your email address is precise sewing.  Do you sew professionally, as a hobby, or what?  I used to sew all kinds of stuff.  Made lots of my kids' clothes--Calvin Klein jeans, with the stitch pattern on the pockets & all.  I made heavy-duty winter coats for my son & husband, flannel shirts with all the plaid matching at the seams & the pockets on the bias!  Plus pearlized snaps.  I made hoodies, all kinds of tee shirts, blouses with ruffles & pleats, then cross stitch or embroidery designs on them.  Stuffed animals, personalized Christmas ornaments.  I look back & think, " How on earth did I do all that? "   I worked full-time, cooked regular meals (not cold cuts & chips; oops.), sewed, gardened & canned (30 qts. of cherries one year!),

helped coach softball, plus practiced with all 3 kids.  Now if I get my partials in & put on something besides pj's, it's a productive day.  To quote a country song (sorry I don't remember who wrote or performed it), " I'm too young to feel this damn old. "   Amen to that.

> > Ramblin' Rose> Co-owner/Moderator>  > A merry heart is good medicine.  Proverbs 17:22>  > > > > > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:16:34 -0700> Subject: Re: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or

some-other> > > > Hey Mike,> On the MRI it looks like a big brain tumor that ingulfed my optic chiasm and some brain matter.  but all my blood work and spinal fluid was normal so they did a brain biopsy to determine what it was.  The results showed lymphocytic infiltrate with granulomatous features. The work up for systemic sarcoidosis was negative and CSF showed no evidence of infection but did show lymphocytic pleocytosis.  I am on Prednisone now and slowly decreasing since the last MRI at the end of april showed no sign of inflammation in the optic nerves and brain.  The swollen optic nerves took most of my sight in my left eye.  Just trying to get through the side effects of the pred. and the new way of looking at things with one eye.

> good luck.> > > > To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 9:07:54 PM> Subject: Re: Eye question - retianl detachment or some-other> >  > Hello folks, (yes - its me - again )> So - as of today (sunday) I have been to see my Optometrist, an opthalmologist, and a Neurologist. The Opthalmologist has indicated Optic neuritis, and seems quite concerned that I get an MRI done on (whats keft of ) my head. A (previously identified) Pituitary Micro-Adenome may have enlarged and may be compressing on my optic nerve, or an occurence of an isolated OPticNerve N-sarc - but the MRI will gave to show what it may be. My eyesight hasnt gotten worse, but not much better. Neither mt family or

myself have noticed any other functional deficits associated with my original Dx of NeuroSarc, Just my euesight.,,so her e I sit waiting for an MRI Appointment to be made. If the issue is the Pit-Adenoma being enlarged (encroaching compressing the optic nerve), that would pose issues of its own (transfenoidal pit- resection ? ), if its Sarcoid @ my optic nerve - more steroids - I'll just have to wait for the MRI and the neurologist to interpret it.

> For now, nothing to do but wait, (I'll just have another cup of tea)> Hope everyone is managing > regards> Mike> >

> >> > I don't post often, and I don't mean to seem like a 'whiner', but...> > ...having ben Dx'd w\

NeuroSarc Dec 1995 , I was treated w\ high doses of {rednisone, Dilantin (seizures), and Cyclosporine. August 1996 i had a Retianl Viterectomy on my left eye to remove scarring (caused by the SarcMonster), then in April 2007 Cataract surgery (left eye). both times my vision was 'saved' , restored to (almost) perfect. This past week I have had a psuedo-blind spot appear in my central vision of my (guess where !!) left eye. I do have an appointment with my eye Dr Thursday so he can have a look @ my left eye, and hopefully refer me to an opthalmomlogist (as neccessary). From what I have read online, some surgical intervention may be possible to save the vision in my left eye, but...as much as I hate to say it....I'm worried.

> > I am wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas may be able to share ?> > I do not like to ask, as I know some folks have\have had issues of their own to deal with. Mant thanks in advance > >

Mike @ StCatharines, Ont> >> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

The Neurosarcoidosis Community    Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages

Members Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database