RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re:rash on back of neck

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son was also born with a "red mark" on the back of his neck and on his eye lid. Both of which I was told also was a birth mark and would go away as he got older, and my little man just turned 1 on Sunday and both are gone. He wore his helmet from 6 months to 9 months old and the mark did fade and go away after he graduated.

Amy

Bryson 1 year old (graduated 9/18/08)

From: Meg <mdrewapnp@...>Subject: Re:"rash" on back of neckPlagiocephaly Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 7:35 AM

- My daughter was also born with the rash looking red mark on the back of her neck - it gets more red when she is hot or is angry - My Ped told me it is a birthmark - which seems to be true, if it were a rash it should have gone away by now! Hope this helps - Meg>> My son's head looked just like that as well and he has been in the DOC band for 1 week and already we notice a huge change! I would go get a consult. Also the little red rash he has on the back of his neck- my Son has it as well and has always had it? Do you know why? Is it heat- I have always wondered.> > Good luck and know we are here to support you- my son is 5 months this fri and he has not cared about the helmet one bit- he is doing great!> >

> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: kmelanson06 <kmelanson06@ ...>> Plagiocephaly> Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 9:03:29 PM> Subject: I added pictures> > > Ok, I added pictures in the photo section. The album is called "Liam" > its on the first page i think. I would apprecaite so much any input on > what you think of his head. I made a dr. appt. for next week to get it > checked out. Im really worried about this and just feel so helpless for > my little guy. Thanks!> > -Kesse>

Guest guest

THats basically what I was told too, it's nicknamed a "stork bite" Our dermatologist told us the tech. name but I forgot. It's basically the same as the ones that some babies get between the eyes where the nose meets the forehead. It is nothing to be worried about. And yes they do tend to get darker when they are mad/screaming/hot I have also heard from someone that when thier older child was lying it the one between the eyes would get darker. lol wouldnt that be nice . -jes

Just did a quick search here is a link to info.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001388.htm

you can also search for stork bite birthmark pictures online to compare to and also I would ask your pedi next time you are in to just verify that is what it is.

From: Meg <mdrewapnp@...>Subject: Re:"rash" on back of neckPlagiocephaly Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 5:35 AM

- My daughter was also born with the rash looking red mark on the back of her neck - it gets more red when she is hot or is angry - My Ped told me it is a birthmark - which seems to be true, if it were a rash it should have gone away by now! Hope this helps - Meg>> My son's head looked just like that as well and he has been in the DOC band for 1 week and already we notice a huge change! I would go get a consult. Also the little red rash he has on the back of his neck- my Son has it as well and has always had it? Do you know why? Is it heat- I have always wondered.> > Good luck and know we are here to support you- my son is 5 months this fri and he has not cared about the helmet one bit- he is doing great!> >

> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: kmelanson06 <kmelanson06@ ...>> Plagiocephaly> Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 9:03:29 PM> Subject: I added pictures> > > Ok, I added pictures in the photo section. The album is called "Liam" > its on the first page i think. I would apprecaite so much any input on > what you think of his head. I made a dr. appt. for next week to get it > checked out. Im really worried about this and just feel so helpless for > my little guy. Thanks!> > -Kesse>