RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Hi Marla

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rose, Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to try that. Are you still doing really good, I think about you a lot, do you feel good enough to go back to work? I think about that from time to time, will I ever be good enough to go back to work, or should I just move on, my doctor says I'm done with Nursing? My husbands says I should think about disability? I don't know, I am still doing my Kay business, and that's going well.

Anyway, I hope you are still doing great. God Bless, Marla

Hey, girl. I've posted before about my headache medication. Ever since an episode of trigeminal neuralgia 7 years ago, I've had pain in my left eye. It starts as an ache, then progresses to the sensation of someone stabbing me in the eye & eventually spreads over the left temple & entire left side of my head. I had taken Neurontin for the trigeminal neuralgia, which mostly resolved after several weeks, but it didn't do anything for this residual pain. I tried migraine meds, various narcotics, NSAIDS, etc. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested trying Norgesic Forte. It contains orphenadrine, which is a muscle relaxant; it's usually prescribed for sprains, etc. The Norgesic Forte also contains 385 mg of aspirin (one Bayer aspirin has 325mg) and 30mg of caffiene (less than most 12 oz. sodas). For some reason this particular medication relieves my headaches. It works bests if I take one tablet as soon as the pain starts; if I wait until it's spreading, I might need 2 or 3 doses (every 8 hours) to get rid of it. Other muscle relaxants don't do a thing. I'll go through phases when the eye pain/headache comes 3-4 times a week, then I might go weeks without one. I can't really identify a trigger. I just make sure I have a couple of my Norgesics with me all the time, so I can get the jump on it. You might ask your doc about trying it.

Ramblin' RoseModerator

A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Rose,

Is this over the counter of prescription medication?

Tha nks.

Terri G.

>

>

> Hey, girl. I've posted before about my headache medication. Ever since

an episode of trigeminal neuralgia 7 years ago, I've had pain in my left

eye. It starts as an ache, then progresses to the sensation of someone

stabbing me in the eye & eventually spreads over the left temple &

entire left side of my head. I had taken Neurontin for the trigeminal

neuralgia, which mostly resolved after several weeks, but it didn't do

anything for this residual pain. I tried migraine meds, various

narcotics, NSAIDS, etc. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested trying

Norgesic Forte. It contains orphenadrine, which is a muscle relaxant;

it's usually prescribed for sprains, etc. The Norgesic Forte also

contains 385 mg of aspirin (one Bayer aspirin has 325mg) and 30mg of

caffiene (less than most 12 oz. sodas). For some reason this particular

medication relieves my headaches. It works bests if I take one tablet as

soon as the pain starts; if I wait until it's spreading, I might need 2

or 3 doses (every 8 hours) to get rid of it. Other muscle relaxants

don't do a thing. I'll go through phases when the eye pain/headache

comes 3-4 times a week, then I might go weeks without one. I can't

really identify a trigger. I just make sure I have a couple of my

Norgesics with me all the time, so I can get the jump on it. You might

ask your doc about trying it.

> Ramblin' RoseModerator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

> _________________________________________________________________

> You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC.

> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/

>

Guest guest

Marla, I'm still not working. I doubt I'll ever be able to work as a midwife or nurse again. I still wouldn't be able to pass the CPR exam, for one thing. Between the fatigue & breathing, no way. I struggle to keep up with my bills, appts, etc. I have maybe one day a week with some decent energy; I don't want to waste it, so tend to overdo. Then I'm wiped out for the next couple of days! I also tend to use my energy on fun stuff, like activities with my grandkids, rather than drudgery like paying bills, laundry, dishes, etc. I just got my hot tub up & running a couple of weeks ago; 5 months without it! Between my move, Mom's death & a shortage of money, I just had to wait. But now I can once again enjoy it. Because it's outside, I can tolerate the heat pretty well, especially as the weather gets colder. Right now I'm just keeping the temp about 98; once we get into freezing temps I'll turn it up to 100-102. I spent about 30 min. out there tonight; it really helps my neuropathy pain & the relaxation factor is unbeatable.

I'm glad you enjoy Kay; my niece likes it also.

Ramblin' RoseModerator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 01:17:12 +0200Subject: Re: Hi Marla

Rose, Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to try that. Are you still doing really good, I think about you a lot, do you feel good enough to go back to work? I think about that from time to time, will I ever be good enough to go back to work, or should I just move on, my doctor says I'm done with Nursing? My husbands says I should think about disability? I don't know, I am still doing my Kay business, and that's going well.

Anyway, I hope you are still doing great.

God Bless,

Marla

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Rose <mamadogrose (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Hey, girl. I've posted before about my headache medication. Ever since an episode of trigeminal neuralgia 7 years ago, I've had pain in my left eye. It starts as an ache, then progresses to the sensation of someone stabbing me in the eye & eventually spreads over the left temple & entire left side of my head. I had taken Neurontin for the trigeminal neuralgia, which mostly resolved after several weeks, but it didn't do anything for this residual pain. I tried migraine meds, various narcotics, NSAIDS, etc. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested trying Norgesic Forte. It contains orphenadrine, which is a muscle relaxant; it's usually prescribed for sprains, etc. The Norgesic Forte also contains 385 mg of aspirin (one Bayer aspirin has 325mg) and 30mg of caffiene (less than most 12 oz. sodas). For some reason this particular medication relieves my headaches. It works bests if I take one tablet as soon as the pain starts; if I wait until it's spreading, I might need 2 or 3 doses (every 8 hours) to get rid of it. Other muscle relaxants don't do a thing. I'll go through phases when the eye pain/headache comes 3-4 times a week, then I might go weeks without one. I can't really identify a trigger. I just make sure I have a couple of my Norgesics with me all the time, so I can get the jump on it. You might ask your doc about trying it.

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now

Guest guest

It's prescription; inexpensive though. I don't know why this works for my eye/head pain, but it does. I like it because it doesn't make me sleepy or constipated, like so many pain meds.

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mosaicgirl1@...Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 23:49:13 +0000Subject: Re: Hi Marla

Rose,Is this over the counter of prescription medication?Tha nks.Terri G.>>> Hey, girl. I've posted before about my headache medication. Ever sincean episode of trigeminal neuralgia 7 years ago, I've had pain in my lefteye. It starts as an ache, then progresses to the sensation of someonestabbing me in the eye & eventually spreads over the left temple & entire left side of my head. I had taken Neurontin for the trigeminalneuralgia, which mostly resolved after several weeks, but it didn't doanything for this residual pain. I tried migraine meds, variousnarcotics, NSAIDS, etc. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested tryingNorgesic Forte. It contains orphenadrine, which is a muscle relaxant;it's usually prescribed for sprains, etc. The Norgesic Forte alsocontains 385 mg of aspirin (one Bayer aspirin has 325mg) and 30mg ofcaffiene (less than most 12 oz. sodas). For some reason this particularmedication relieves my headaches. It works bests if I take one tablet assoon as the pain starts; if I wait until it's spreading, I might need 2or 3 doses (every 8 hours) to get rid of it. Other muscle relaxantsdon't do a thing. I'll go through phases when the eye pain/headachecomes 3-4 times a week, then I might go weeks without one. I can'treally identify a trigger. I just make sure I have a couple of myNorgesics with me all the time, so I can get the jump on it. You mightask your doc about trying it.> Ramblin' RoseModerator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22> __________________________________________________________> You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC.> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/> You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how

Guest guest

you know I always think a hot tub would be fun, but hardly ever use the big tub I have in my bathroom, mostly when it's cold and I get so cold I hurt so bad, then I will use it, and a hot tub would sure be nice then, as the water gets too cold to fast. enjoy!! Ya I suppose I should just let nursing go, I think of all these other things, like maybe going to school and becoming a PA, but don't think I would make it through school, so hard to just let so many years go to waste, but guess I just need to continue to build a new life. Blessings, Marla

Marla, I'm still not working. I doubt I'll ever be able to work as a midwife or nurse again. I still wouldn't be able to pass the CPR exam, for one thing. Between the fatigue & breathing, no way. I struggle to keep up with my bills, appts, etc. I have maybe one day a week with some decent energy; I don't want to waste it, so tend to overdo. Then I'm wiped out for the next couple of days! I also tend to use my energy on fun stuff, like activities with my grandkids, rather than drudgery like paying bills, laundry, dishes, etc. I just got my hot tub up & running a couple of weeks ago; 5 months without it! Between my move, Mom's death & a shortage of money, I just had to wait. But now I can once again enjoy it. Because it's outside, I can tolerate the heat pretty well, especially as the weather gets colder. Right now I'm just keeping the temp about 98; once we get into freezing temps I'll turn it up to 100-102. I spent about 30 min. out there tonight; it really helps my neuropathy pain & the relaxation factor is unbeatable.

I'm glad you enjoy Kay; my niece likes it also.

Ramblin' RoseModerator

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: mebramer@...Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 01:17:12 +0200

Subject: Re: Hi Marla

Anyway, I hope you are still doing great.

God Bless,

Marla

Ramblin' RoseModerator

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...

www.marykay.com/mbramer

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Rose,

I'll have to ask my doc about it. We have some of the same facial

issues; maybe it will help me.

Terri G.

>>> Hey, girl. I've posted before about my headache

medication. Ever sincean episode of trigeminal neuralgia 7 years ago,

I've had pain in my lefteye. It starts as an ache, then progresses to

the sensation of someonestabbing me in the eye & eventually spreads over

the left temple & entire left side of my head. I had taken Neurontin for

the trigeminalneuralgia, which mostly resolved after several weeks, but

it didn't doanything for this residual pain. I tried migraine meds,

variousnarcotics, NSAIDS, etc. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested

tryingNorgesic Forte. It contains orphenadrine, which is a muscle

relaxant;it's usually prescribed for sprains, etc. The Norgesic Forte

alsocontains 385 mg of aspirin (one Bayer aspirin has 325mg) and 30mg

ofcaffiene (less than most 12 oz. sodas). For some reason this

particularmedication relieves my headaches. It works bests if I take one

tablet assoon as the pain starts; if I wait until it's spreading, I

might need 2or 3 doses (every 8 hours) to get rid of it. Other muscle

relaxantsdon't do a thing. I'll go through phases when the eye

pain/headachecomes 3-4 times a week, then I might go weeks without one.

I can'treally identify a trigger. I just make sure I have a couple of

myNorgesics with me all the time, so I can get the jump on it. You

mightask your doc about trying it.> Ramblin' RoseModerator A merry heart

is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22>

__________________________________________________________> You live

life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC.>

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/>

>

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC.

> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/

>