RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Homeopathy & Sarcoidosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , I have had Sarcoidosis for 14 years, first dx in my lungs, then skin, then Neuro, my biggest hurdle is NeuroSarcoidosis, for me the best yet treatment is Remicade, this is not a benign drug, and certainly not natural, but by far the best drug I have found yet. I was on steroids far too long, not a good long term

treatment. I wish you luck, and if you find some thing Homeopathy would love to hear about it. Blessings, Marla

Hello Group,

I've been recently diagnosed with Lung Sarcoidosis. My physician's

first order of business is mass doses of Corticosteroids for several

months. Already being at risk for Stage II Diabetes; having High

blood pressure; clinically depressed since the age of 10; 50lbs

overweight. I'm relizing I may be trading one illness for another.

Can anyone shed any light on Homeopathy as a treatment for my symptoms

or shrinkage of my Hilar Lymph Nodes?

Please and thank you.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

I'm sorry that you have to find out how to live with the sarc monster. It's a challenging journey. Be very careful with homepathic medicines, as your immune system is already so effective that it's now triggering the attack on healthy organs. That is what autoimmune diseases do-- our body looks at itself as something foreign, and attacks healhty cells. To strengthen that even more makes your immune system more powerful, and the cycle continues.

What the prednisone will do is lower the immune response, and yes, put you at higher risk for all the side effect issues.

You may want to seek the counsel of a good Doctor of Osteopath-- M.D., D.O. Do not confuse it with the OD-- as that is simply an optometrist-- and they are great for a new pair of glasses.

Osteopath's combine regular medical care, along with homeopathic care.

Several things come to mind when you ask for homeopathy. Vit C is an anti-inflammatory. The problem here is that some of us do produce to much of a single kind of Vit D strain that seems to trigger the conversion of Vit C to produce more lung issues by making the granulomas in your hilar lymphs and lungs form more granulomas.

Other meds to treat sarc are Methotrexate, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) and Imuran. There are more advanced medications, but it is best to start with the lowest and least offensive and go up the path as needed. All come with their own side effects, and being on MTX, Plaquenil and Remicade (my cocktail) has done the same thing as the pred was doing. I've gained the weight, and have the adrenal insuffiency issues from the years on pred prior to going on these when the pred no longer worked for the reasons you stated-- so I didn't really get that far away from the side effects of the pred. However, this combo for me has worked well to help with the systemic and arthritic effects of the sarc. It has made a huge difference in the lymphatic pain, but my lungs are now progressing again, primarily because of the scarring (fibrosis) that the sarc has caused. So in that sense, the Remicade helped for several years-- and now

the lung issues are back at the point where I was before I started on the REmicade. I did get some significant improvement until Calif caught on fire this year (we live in the middle of the areas that burnt up in No. CA) so the smoke issues really hit hard.

I know that most homepaths will want to start you on something that will "strengthen" your immune system-- but that is not what you want to do. You need to get the balance back into the immune system--- not empower it more. So go gently in that direction-- and make sure you explain that to your DO.

You've met a huge group of people on the same journey-- and we have a tremendous amount of information to share-- so ask away-- there aren't any stupid questions (I can't promise that about the answers, but we try our best) and we're here to help you along this path. If we don't get to you right away-- be patient, we will-- and we too are fighting this same battle. Don't give up- you can continue to live with sarcoidosis-- for many years. The choices you make and the attitude you embrace the journey instead of fighting it-- will make a difference in how your quality of life is.

Take care,

Tracie NS Co-owner/moderator

Homeopathy & Sarcoidosis

Hello Group,I've been recently diagnosed with Lung Sarcoidosis. My physician's first order of business is mass doses of Corticosteroids for several months. Already being at risk for Stage II Diabetes; having High blood pressure; clinically depressed since the age of 10; 50lbs overweight. I'm relizing I may be trading one illness for another. Can anyone shed any light on Homeopathy as a treatment for my symptoms or shrinkage of my Hilar Lymph Nodes?Please and thank you.

Guest guest

Hi I was just going to stick my 2 cents in. I don't always do that.

You were talking about your cocktail. Mine is Methotrexate, Plaquenil (the hydro stuff) and I am now on 5 mg of Predisone. Yeah I too gained the weight from the predisone but it is better than suffering through the sarc monster. I do not have Lung Sarc, I have NS. And I thought my brain was strange before. lol

I have found that this cocktail is working well for me. The doctors are trying to figure out when I can go off the pred. all together. Soon I hope. This is a battle I would have never chosen for me or anyone else as I am sure no one would. I am doing the best I can as I am sure all are. My NS seems to improve and I have gone from bedridden 24/7 to up and driving, walking, taking care of myself completely. This all happened in 3 very long years. I am going to walk one day with out a walker and if I don't who cares I can walk when all thought I would die.

you hang in there and listen to this group, it has helped me so very much with their wisdom and compassion. Hey if they don't know it they will go above and beyond to find it.

God bless you and you are in my prayers for a better life.

Jackie from Wisconsin.

Homeopathy & Sarcoidosis

Hello Group,I've been recently diagnosed with Lung Sarcoidosis. My physician's first order of business is mass doses of Corticosteroids for several months. Already being at risk for Stage II Diabetes; having High blood pressure; clinically depressed since the age of 10; 50lbs overweight. I'm relizing I may be trading one illness for another. Can anyone shed any light on Homeopathy as a treatment for my symptoms or shrinkage of my Hilar Lymph Nodes?Please and thank you.