RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Check out FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of Fungal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Interesting, I am still waiting for lung biopsy, the pulmonologist first said I had histaplasmosis, I said from where did I get this, she said it is in UTAH, New Mexico, andArizona, also called cocciodomycosis. Seems the govt research sent in into unpopulated areas,and it gets into soil. Unbelievable.But you are talking about different states. I sound like a broken record but the docs need to check immune systems, these TNF drugs, orimmunopressant drugs will kill you if you have no immune system. I had serious neck surgery and spinal doc said he would never do surgery on a patient taking any of these drugs, will get and infection and or worse. He said, never do this. I have heard of seriousstaph and mycobacterium infections (can be deadly) just from iv lines.I do not have answer, and am researching all I can

when I can. It is predicted infectious disease will be # killer in 2009. I do not know the answer. hang in thereSubject: Re: Check out FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of FungalTo: Neurosarcoidosis Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 7:50 AM

Hi Tracie and all,

Yes, I had a really bad experience with Histoplasmosis. ......... .in a nutshell, I was feeling

pretty badly the whole winter of 2005 and spring of 2006. All I could get from my Doctor

was that I was in a Sarc flare...... I started the Remicade in April 2006 and had three treatments.

I felt really good and was thrilled.... then in May 2006, I started vomiting every time I ate or

drank anything.... .....My Doctor tested me and tested me and nothing turned up, so he tried

different anti-biotics ....to no avail. By then it was July and I was put in the hospital where they

did tests for ten days (including a bronchoscopy where they drained my lungs of the fluid buildup

and did a sputum culture). I was getting worse so was transferred to Methodist Hospital in

Indianapolis where I met several wonderful Doctors. In the first 45 minutes of consultation with

my main Doctor, I was told he thought I had Histoplasmosis but he would have to do tests to

confirm it.......which he did. A few days later, my "home" Doctor called the new one and said

his tests had come back Histo and at the same time. my new Doctor got his test results..... Histo!

I was in the hospital until September 27, 2006. During that time, I almost died at least 4 times -

they called the family in 4 times....... I had infection after infection and every medicine they tried

on me for the Histo did not work and they finally got one that did but I could not keep it down.

they finally gave me meds to calm my stomach and I finally got better. I was on a ventilator for

about 10 days. Anyway, after all that, my Doctor explained to me that the Illinois, Indiana, and

Ohio states were the most prominent to have this Histo. From the history of many patients, it

was discovered that we all have the germs in our lungs but our normal bodies fight it off without

a problem but those of us with comprimized immune systems just cannot fight it and the Remicade

had lowered mine more so that I had nothing to fight with. I know the sputum test is necessary

to determine this and I believe they did some special blood tests with it.......

Sorry this is so long........ I am not good with explaining things...... ......hope it helps.

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Check out FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of Fungal

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ARTICLE!!! URGENT!!! PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY! !! IT CAN BE A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!

FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of Fungal Infections

Ron

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

, I don't think histoplasmosis is the same thing as

cocciodomycosis. You said it was in the soil and the

histoplasmosis is caused from bird droppings.

As for the infections, you are so right! I had several

infections - one right after the other and that is another

reason I had such a rough time. My Doctors were kept

busy trying to find the correct meds for the infections.

At one time, I was on 4 different anti-biotics to try and

clear up 3 different infections that I had. It was so

scary.

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Check out FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of Fungal

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ARTICLE!!! URGENT!!! PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY! !! IT CAN BE A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!

FDA Alerts: TNF-Blocker Drugs for Arthritis Increase Risk of Fungal Infections

Ron

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!