RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So, your knees prevent you from cleaning up the house. I bet you're faking it. Your knees aren't your problem-- it's your lazy ass attitude and the fact that you think it's a women's job to do the house work. After all, you're a man and be damned if you push the mop over the kitchen, dust the living room, scrub the toilet and bath and shower.

You bet that things pile up and become overwhelming-- you see, her entire body -- and I mean entire--- every square inch-- has been in constant pain for years. CONSTANT PAIN! It means that there isn't a "good" day-- and hasn't been for probably longer than she can remember.

For us to lose the ability to work, the ability to be the wife, mother, lover, partner, cook, housekeeper, friend, -- honey, get me a beer, my knees hurt-- we grieve this loss every day. We still fantasize about being the lover we were when we were healthy-- taking the lead, and loving you the way we still want to-- but we can't breath-- our lungs are full of granulomas-- and the weight we put on from all the fucking sterioids-- that isn't somethign we want either-- it has taken so much of our self esteem-- and you sadly remind of us that when your knees hurt.

Ok, so what to do. First-- put away the attitude. Your wife is not NOT-- faking it. She doesn't want to be sick-- and learn--educate yourself about her sarcoidosis. Start at FSR-- FOUNDATION FOR SARCOIDOSIS RESEARCH-- WWW.STOPSARCOIDOSIS.ORG and read about what sarc does. It is a SYSTEMIC -- MEANING THE WHOLE BODY inflammatory disease. It is an autoimmune process that can hit any and every part of the body-- with the sarcoidosis induced arthritis in your joints and ligaments so intense that pain meds don't touch it. You get calcified granulomas in and on the bones, so that movement is impinged by the "bone spurs." If you have it in your lungs-- your breathing can be impaired, and you can develop pulmonary fibrosis-- basically there is no healthy tissue for the air to cross and be turned into oxygen to the blood stream-- so that your legs and

hands and feet become numb-- or have such burning neuropathy like a live hot wire shooting down the calf of your legs-- and if you try to walk, it intensifies, as the vital organs need what oxygen is out there- so it robs it from your extremities.

The headaches-- that's lack of oxygen too. Or worse, neurosarcoidosis-- where you have the equivalent of those bone spurs-- in your spine, in your brain, and depending on where it the impingement is-- will determine what area of the body isn't going to function. Maybe it'll be the way you make a decision, or your personality may have changed, and you either blow up or give up. Maybe all those times you used to be able to multi-task-- you know, doing the laundry, paying bills, planning dinner, getting to your job or profession and being able to perform at an employable level-- is gone. Long gone.

My suggestion-- get TWO of those grabbers that have the extenable handles, so that Sharon can sit in her chair or bedside and pick up the laundry and get it into the basket-- and then you can carry it to the laundry room, and you can get things in the wash.

The dusting and vacumming-- you may have to have help with that-- so be thankful that you have the money to pay someone to help you. Swiffer sweepers and dusters are great- but Sharon is going to have a hard time-- as her lungs can't handle the dust-- so you may have to use the it-- but it's quick and easy--and with the extension handles-- you can do alot of it from a folding chair also.

As far as cooking, how about making it fun-- the both of you in the kitchen on an afternoon or two a week, and you make some lasagna, spaghetti, stews, casseroles, and freeze some-- that way you have a quick meal to pull out of the freezer, into the microwave, and dinner is done. Barbacue some chicken, maybe two instead of one-- and freeze one. On those nights when neither of you is doing well, tuna sandwiches are great-- you can open a can, drain the water, add mayo and pickle relish-- and stick it on bread-- add a piece of fruit or salad, and you're done.

Your wife is not faking it. That is the ultimate insult. It shows that you have not taken any time to learn about what she is going through-- and you need to do that. If you are both disabled to where you can't take care of the household anymore-- you may wnat to look into your local Adult Services Programs and see if you financially qualify to have someone come in a couple of hours a week or month-- to help out. Sometimes this is subsidized depending on income.

I'd also suggest that both of you look into some professional counselling so that you can learn to deal with a wife that has a progressive autoimmune disease.

This disease is very much like having Rheumatoid Arthritis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Dementia, MultiSclerosis, Diabetes and Fatigue that makes that very worse case of pneumonia you ever had-- look like a cakewalk. And the fatigue never goes away either.

And both MEN and women get this disease-- so are we faking it-- do we want to be sick...

Give me back my life, my marriage, my libido, my profession, my wages, my paid vacations, my career, my ability to hold and love my kids, get them to the ballgames, get your dinner on the table, and yes-- put a few loads of clothes in the washer, and most importantly-- be one with my husband in the most beautiful and sensous ways-- both physically and of the heart in a loving caring compassionate relationship-- and I'll gladly give up this disease.

Most sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

To: Neurosarcoidosis <neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:26:30 PMSubject: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid a good cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharon that i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be a complete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and do all manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees are sore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of work so as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great. But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!Suggestions for a poor old man, please....? Sharon L. Schuckman

Trut in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:5-6sharupac@...

Guest guest

Thanks just what I needed from you.

I have been and am running 102 degree temp at all times, I keep choking and cannot breath without my oxygen and oh yes just today the idiot firedepartment decided to have a training session of which I can no longer breath correctly and I have an eye infection I neverhad before.

Thank you so much for words of encouragement. Sharon L. Schuckman

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:5-6sharupac@...

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:18:56 AMSubject: Re: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

So, your knees prevent you from cleaning up the house. I bet you're faking it. Your knees aren't your problem-- it's your lazy ass attitude and the fact that you think it's a women's job to do the house work. After all, you're a man and be damned if you push the mop over the kitchen, dust the living room, scrub the toilet and bath and shower.

You bet that things pile up and become overwhelming-- you see, her entire body -- and I mean entire--- every square inch-- has been in constant pain for years. CONSTANT PAIN! It means that there isn't a "good" day-- and hasn't been for probably longer than she can remember.

For us to lose the ability to work, the ability to be the wife, mother, lover, partner, cook, housekeeper, friend, -- honey, get me a beer, my knees hurt-- we grieve this loss every day. We still fantasize about being the lover we were when we were healthy-- taking the lead, and loving you the way we still want to-- but we can't breath-- our lungs are full of granulomas-- and the weight we put on from all the fucking sterioids-- that isn't somethign we want either-- it has taken so much of our self esteem-- and you sadly remind of us that when your knees hurt.

Ok, so what to do. First-- put away the attitude. Your wife is not NOT-- faking it. She doesn't want to be sick-- and learn--educate yourself about her sarcoidosis. Start at FSR-- FOUNDATION FOR SARCOIDOSIS RESEARCH-- WWW.STOPSARCOIDOSIS.ORG and read about what sarc does. It is a SYSTEMIC -- MEANING THE WHOLE BODY inflammatory disease. It is an autoimmune process that can hit any and every part of the body-- with the sarcoidosis induced arthritis in your joints and ligaments so intense that pain meds don't touch it. You get calcified granulomas in and on the bones, so that movement is impinged by the "bone spurs." If you have it in your lungs-- your breathing can be impaired, and you can develop pulmonary fibrosis-- basically there is no healthy tissue for the air to cross and be turned into oxygen to the blood

stream-- so that your legs and hands and feet become numb-- or have such burning neuropathy like a live hot wire shooting down the calf of your legs-- and if you try to walk, it intensifies, as the vital organs need what oxygen is out there- so it robs it from your extremities.

The headaches-- that's lack of oxygen too. Or worse, neurosarcoidosis-- where you have the equivalent of those bone spurs-- in your spine, in your brain, and depending on where it the impingement is-- will determine what area of the body isn't going to function. Maybe it'll be the way you make a decision, or your personality may have changed, and you either blow up or give up. Maybe all those times you used to be able to multi-task-- you know, doing the laundry, paying bills, planning dinner, getting to your job or profession and being able to perform at an employable level-- is gone. Long gone.

My suggestion-- get TWO of those grabbers that have the extenable handles, so that Sharon can sit in her chair or bedside and pick up the laundry and get it into the basket-- and then you can carry it to the laundry room, and you can get things in the wash.

The dusting and vacumming-- you may have to have help with that-- so be thankful that you have the money to pay someone to help you. Swiffer sweepers and dusters are great- but Sharon is going to have a hard time-- as her lungs can't handle the dust-- so you may have to use the it-- but it's quick and easy--and with the extension handles-- you can do alot of it from a folding chair also.

As far as cooking, how about making it fun-- the both of you in the kitchen on an afternoon or two a week, and you make some lasagna, spaghetti, stews, casseroles, and freeze some-- that way you have a quick meal to pull out of the freezer, into the microwave, and dinner is done. Barbacue some chicken, maybe two instead of one-- and freeze one. On those nights when neither of you is doing well, tuna sandwiches are great-- you can open a can, drain the water, add mayo and pickle relish-- and stick it on bread-- add a piece of fruit or salad, and you're done.

Your wife is not faking it. That is the ultimate insult. It shows that you have not taken any time to learn about what she is going through-- and you need to do that. If you are both disabled to where you can't take care of the household anymore-- you may wnat to look into your local Adult Services Programs and see if you financially qualify to have someone come in a couple of hours a week or month-- to help out. Sometimes this is subsidized depending on income.

I'd also suggest that both of you look into some professional counselling so that you can learn to deal with a wife that has a progressive autoimmune disease.

This disease is very much like having Rheumatoid Arthritis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Dementia, MultiSclerosis, Diabetes and Fatigue that makes that very worse case of pneumonia you ever had-- look like a cakewalk. And the fatigue never goes away either.

And both MEN and women get this disease-- so are we faking it-- do we want to be sick...

Give me back my life, my marriage, my libido, my profession, my wages, my paid vacations, my career, my ability to hold and love my kids, get them to the ballgames, get your dinner on the table, and yes-- put a few loads of clothes in the washer, and most importantly-- be one with my husband in the most beautiful and sensous ways-- both physically and of the heart in a loving caring compassionate relationship-- and I'll gladly give up this disease.

Most sincerely,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

To: Neurosarcoidosis <neurosarcoidosis >Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:26:30 PMSubject: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid a good cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharon that i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be a complete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and do all manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees are sore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of work so as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great. But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!Suggestions for a poor old man, please....? Sharon L. Schuckman

Trut in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:5-6sharupac@...

Guest guest

You go girl. You said it all wonderfully. I am keeping this one for future use. Thanks for speaking for all of us.

Jackie

What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Guest guest

Hang in there Sharon. You are right about . She hit it right on. You do what you can and deserve the rest. There is so much others should be willing to learn so they can understand what we go through. I have NS and every day fight with myself to go on. Letters like 's help.

Prayers for you and your spouse.

God Bless you.

Jackie

What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Guest guest

Sharon's Husband,

Let me let you know some things. One, I spent 10 1/2 years in

the Army as Recon Scout/Sniper. Nine months ago I came down with

Nuerosarcoidosis. I always believed that I was tuff, I survived a lot

of stuff during operations in foreign Countries. I am learning to deal

with this Monster I have right now. My head hurts, my joints are

extermely painful, I lose balance and fall without warning, have

headaches worse then vascular Migraine headaches, and have lost my

short term memory.

Let's see, your knees hurt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I assist in keeping

the house clean, in making meals. Man up and support you wife, until

you do you are no more a real man then a two yr old toddler.

Man up

Greg

>

> Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid a

good cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharon

that i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be a

complete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!

> My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and do

all manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees are

sore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of work

so as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great.

> But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!

>

> Suggestions for a poor old man, please....?

> Sharon L. Schuckman

>

>

> Trut in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own

understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy

paths.

> Proverbs 3:5-6

>

> sharupac@...

>

Guest guest

Wow. You don't want to know the thoughts I have running through My head right now. His words were some of the most hurtful things i have read in a long time. What kind of uncompassionate person would even think someone would 'want' this disease....?! To dear hubby: Just pay for the cleaning lady and do your marriage a favor by being kind to your wife. It sure doesn't sound like you are cherishing your wife either. Take your frustrations to God and don't beat her over the head with them cuz she is dealing with enough right now. If the major part of the cleaning falls to you...do the chores or pay someone else to do them. Don't expect someone who is very sick AND in a wheelchair to do more than the occasional

pickup. A happy wife SHOULD be more important than a spotless house. 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself" ( 16:24 NIV).Subject: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sickTo: "Neurosarcoidosis" <neurosarcoidosis >Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 5:26 AM

Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid a good cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharon that i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be a complete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and do all manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees are sore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of work so as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great. But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!Suggestions for a poor old man, please....? Sharon L.

Schuckman

Guest guest

Sharon.s husband

I am living with a 67 year old man who has arthritis in both knees. He is a Veteran of Vietnam and Desert Storm. A man who does not complain about the mess I leave with my crafting or cooking. HE does the laundry, HE does the dishes, HE does the vacuuming, HE does the car maintence, HE cleans the bathrooms and HE makes me rest when I need it. I have never heard him complain once except when I wear myself thin and start to flare, then it is only because he is concerned for my health. This is a man among men. HE takes care of me because when I was well I took care of him. I don't ask him to do this he just says "it is my turn" I would love to do more as I am sure your wife would do to. Until you understand the depths of this monster you will never understand. I suggest you use some of the energy used to complain on reading and finding out what your wonderful wife is going through. She doesn't want the MONSTER any more than you would. So Your knees are hurting, take a pill and put the legs up for a while and READ. There are places on this site you can go to find out more about NS. My Jim did just that before I got out of the nursing home.

Be a man and show come compassion.

God Bless you Sharon and I pray your husband wakes up soon.

Jackie

Sharon's Husband,Let me let you know some things. One, I spent 10 1/2 years inthe Army as Recon Scout/Sniper. Nine months ago I came down withNuerosarcoidosis. I always believed that I was tuff, I survived a lotof stuff during operations in foreign Countries. I am learning to dealwith this Monster I have right now. My head hurts, my joints areextermely painful, I lose balance and fall without warning, haveheadaches worse then vascular Migraine headaches, and have lost myshort term memory.Let's see, your knees hurt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I assist in keepingthe house clean, in making meals. Man up and support you wife, untilyou do you are no more a real man then a two yr old toddler.Man upGreg>> Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid agood cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharonthat i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be acomplete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!> My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and doall manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees aresore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of workso as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great. > But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!> > Suggestions for a poor old man, please....? > Sharon L. Schuckman > > > Trut in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine ownunderstanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thypaths.> Proverbs 3:5-6> > sharupac@...>

Guest guest

Thanks Jackie.

I am really worn out.

I can't even sleep at night. Sharon L. Schuckman

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:56:28 PMSubject: Re: Re: What my Hubby thinks of us who are sick

Sharon.s husband

I am living with a 67 year old man who has arthritis in both knees. He is a Veteran of Vietnam and Desert Storm. A man who does not complain about the mess I leave with my crafting or cooking. HE does the laundry, HE does the dishes, HE does the vacuuming, HE does the car maintence, HE cleans the bathrooms and HE makes me rest when I need it. I have never heard him complain once except when I wear myself thin and start to flare, then it is only because he is concerned for my health. This is a man among men. HE takes care of me because when I was well I took care of him. I don't ask him to do this he just says "it is my turn" I would love to do more as I am sure your wife would do to. Until you understand the depths of this monster you will never understand. I suggest you use some of the energy used to complain on reading and finding out what your wonderful wife is

going through. She doesn't want the MONSTER any more than you would. So Your knees are hurting, take a pill and put the legs up for a while and READ. There are places on this site you can go to find out more about NS. My Jim did just that before I got out of the nursing home.

Be a man and show come compassion.

God Bless you Sharon and I pray your husband wakes up soon.

Jackie

Sharon's Husband,Let me let you know some things. One, I spent 10 1/2 years inthe Army as Recon Scout/Sniper. Nine months ago I came down withNuerosarcoidosis. I always believed that I was tuff, I survived a lotof stuff during operations in foreign Countries. I am learning to dealwith this Monster I have right now. My head hurts, my joints areextermely painful, I lose balance and fall without warning, haveheadaches worse then vascular Migraine headaches, and have lost myshort term memory.Let's see, your knees hurt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I assist in keepingthe house clean, in making meals. Man up and support you wife, untilyou do you are no more a real man then a two yr old toddler.Man upGreg>> Call me a bum, but I think some women want to be sick. I paid agood cleaning lady $100 to clean the house again today! I told Sharonthat i would be watching to see how many days it would take to be acomplete mess again. She is so lazy and won't pick up after herself!> My dad and the U.S. Army taught me to pick up after myself and doall manner of regular cleaning and repair, but now days my knees aresore and messed up. IF I could just get the minimum amount of workso as to have her pick up what SHE messes up-- that would be great. > But she let's things pile up so high that they over whelm her!!> > Suggestions for a poor old man, please....? > Sharon L. Schuckman > > > Trut in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine ownunderstanding. In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct

thypaths.> Proverbs 3:5-6> > sharupac@...>