RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hike for Lung Health--from Rose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

----- Forwarded Message ----From: Rose mamadogrose@...

Hi, guys. I'm not expecting you to contribute to this fundraiser, but I wanted y'all & the group to know about it. You can edit it if you want before sending it to the group. I just don't want anyone to feel pressured to donate, although I could sure use the thoughts & prayers! My scooter isn't holding a charge very well this year, so I may have to take my trike as a backup. Also this year I'll only have my one dog Annie, as B.J. went to the Rainbow Bridge in June. I may try to take the saner of my two cats, Dude, AKA Kramer & Gumby. A local reporter is coming Monday to interview me for a feature article, hopefully to run before the Hike. Last year they screwed up & didn't get it done. I'm also going to try to get a Mayor's proclamation. I'm a little late doing any of it this year; can't seem to get much done. Like you guys don't know what that's like! Well, I'm

going to try to get some sleep. Love you all. Rosie

Ramblin' RoseModerator (on sabbatical) A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

~ Washington Carver

From: mamadogrose@ hotmail.comTo: mommy2alot (AT) aol (DOT) comSubject: Hike for Lung HealthDate: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 02:56:31 -0400

On Sunday, Sept. 21, 2008, I will again participate in a fundraising event, The Hike for Lung Health. At 2pm I'll begin walking at least one mile (a lonnnng way for me!) at 's Shadyside Park. I sure would enjoy some company! My team, The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (FSR), joins over a dozen other agencies involved in research & services for those affected by lung disease. The primary walk takes place in Chicago, with 'virtual' walkers joining in wherever they are located.Although most of the agencies are located in the Chicago area, the results, particularly research developments, benefit patients across the nation and the world. Sarcoidosis has been in the news lately due to the death of Bernic Mac. Unfortunately, most

Americans suffering from the affects of this disease are neither rich nor famous. Long considered an 'orphan' disease, sarcoidosis has recently attracted more attention. Increased research into the causes & progression of sarcoidosis has led to promising new treatments.Sarcoidosis most commonly affects the lungs; however, it can attack any organ or system. The disease may run its course with no lasting damage. However, many patients develop multi-system disease, often resulting in chronic illness and/or permanent organ damage. My personal experience with sarcoidosis has produced damage to my lungs; central nervous system (including hearing loss and multiple episodes of facial palsy, as well as cognitive & memory problems); peripheral nerve damage; fatigue, muscle weakness & balance disorders; and a variety of minor odds & ends. Although the complications of sarcoidosis forced my retirement from the

marvelous practice of nurse-midwifery, I consider myself blessed to have access to excellent medical care providers, tests & procedures needed, as well as medications to make symptoms tolerable & minimize further organ damage. The drug co-pays are relatively expensive, but I am fortunate to have resources that many folks do not. Fundraisers such as the Hike provide such practical benefits & services, as well as research into safer and more effective treatments, and hopefully some day, a cure.There are so many worthy causes requesting our limited ability to contribute; the choices are difficult. But most of us have known someone with lung disease, whether asthsma, lung cancer, COPD (emphysema, chronic bronchitis), cystic fibrosis, or the many other lung diseases. Your donation may help me, a stranger, a loved one, or yourself.I've attached a flyer, with information on this year's

Hike (the local version!). If you are unable to open it for some reason, please contact me. Following is my personal Hike for Lung Health webpage:http://my.imisfrien draising. com/personalPage .aspx?registrati onID=263321Please support this effort in any way you can. Donations in ANY amount are greatly appreciated; donations can be made directly on my webpage: http://my.imisfrien draising. com/personalPage .aspx?registrati onID=263321or at www.lungchicago.

org and click on the Hike for Lung Health logo. Then click on 'Search/Sponsor a ' to make a donation. Donations are tax-deductible.

Checks may be mailed to:Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan ChicagoAttn: Hike for Lung Health1440 W. Washington Blvd.Chicago, IL 60607

If preferred, donations may be made by telephone, using a credit card; please call:

at Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago; email srussell@lungchicag o.org

For more information on the Hike, Sarcoidosis or Lung Disease, please contact the following websites:http://www.stopsarc oidosis.org http://www.lungchic ago.org/Thank you for your donations, positive thoughts, prayers, appreciation of every breath you take, and if you are able, a nice walk with decent company on 9/21/08 at Shadyside Park!

Ramblin' Rose

A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now