RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: PT problem - Tracie and Judy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My local hospital's PT dept. provides "maintenance therapy" for patients who have completed a PT program. You can use their heated pool at specific hours for $3 a visit. You might check on something like that.

Ramblin' RoseModerator A merry heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

To: Neurosarcoidosis From: tiodaat2001@...Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:01:08 -0700Subject: Re: PT problem - Tracie and Judy

Deb, it will depend on what type of insurance you have. Medicare allows a certain dollar amount per year for physical therapy. It has to be at a facility that takes Medicare patients. It would have to be by prescription-- but yes, most insurances do have some physical therapy benefits-- and once in a great while, one of the local Fitness Clubs will be registered as providers with your insurance. Talk to your docs, get the prescription, and get into a physical therapist that has a pool on the facility-- make sure the prescription states that your doc wants you to get POOL therapy!

Love to you,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

PT problem

Spoke to the Patient Liason who knows me quiet well. She is very fine and knows how hard of a worker I am in therapy.I had quite a good reputation when I was doing land therapy.I also talked to my insurance company who agreed that my insurance does cover PT no atrings attached.They were very cooperative and said what I should let them kick me out, then. call them and they will prior authorize my therapy through the medical director of insurance plan, so therapy will not be so worried that they may not get their money. When I talked to them they were very enmpathetic and kind.When we had our meeting with the PT Dept they said today would be my last day. Bob suggested that I say nothing about getting the services prior authorized. When they had our meeting I asked for a copy of my chart. They said I oculd have it today.I will then send a copy to the insurance commpany where the Medical Director give them approval for all the therapy I need. Their Liason said that was very helpful and reaftrmed that my plan has no limits on Therapy, and especially me with my history.Wo we will have to let them do their thing and then contact the insurane company.Our lives are so very interesting,Everyone thank you for your suggestions, I had already thought the same things.Judy in PAJudy in PA____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Hello to everyone.It has been a while sinceI wrote.I'm still new.I went to an ENT physician only to learn that my hearing lost is profound and will not be returning.I am not being treated for the neurosarcoidosis presently because my blood plattets are really low.This prevent my blood from clotting and it prevents me from getting a spinal tap.Keep me in your prayers and thoughts.The left side of my face is still numb and continues to have fast electrical movements inside that make me scare.I found out that neither one of my insurances will paid on or for my hearing that will allow me to have a hearing aid that will allow my hearing to be transmitted from my right ear to my left.I have BlueCross Blue Shield PPO and Medicare.I read your messages on the site daily.I was without a computer for a while.I'm intouch whether I write or not."As your day so

shall your strength be."

HELEN

From: tracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: PT problemTo: Neurosarcoidosis@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:56 PM

Good job Judy!! Hang in there-- and call around to the private physical therapists offices. One may very well have a pool you can use thru them. It would still be billed as physical therapy-- but you wouldn't have to deal with this hospital. Your doc just has to write the prescription- - for whatever time frame he deems necessary (ongoing renewals will be needed, just as you've dealt with in the past-- so go for it!

You are one tough lady, and I know how trying all this has been!

Hugs,

Tracie

PT problem

Spoke to the Patient Liason who knows me quiet well. She is very fine and knows how hard of a worker I am in therapy.I had quite a good reputation when I was doing land therapy.I also talked to my insurance company who agreed that my insurance does cover PT no atrings attached.They were very cooperative and said what I should let them kick me out, then. call them and they will prior authorize my therapy through the medical director of insurance plan, so therapy will not be so worried that they may not get their money. When I talked to them they were very enmpathetic and kind.When we had our meeting with the PT Dept they said today would be my last day. Bob suggested that I say nothing about getting the services prior authorized. When they had our meeting I asked for a copy of my chart. They said I oculd have it today.I will then send a copy to the insurance commpany where

the Medical Director give them approval for all the therapy I need. Their Liason said that was very helpful and reaftrmed that my plan has no limits on Therapy, and especially me with my history.Wo we will have to let them do their thing and then contact the insurane company.Our lives are so very interesting,Everyone thank you for your suggestions, I had already thought the same things.Judy in PAJudy in PA____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

I was lucky to get a free year (because of my condition) at a gym with a warm pool. I

took a class for Arthritis exercises (from AFAP) and it helped a lot. As well as the exercise, it gave me an excuse to get out of the house and be with other people . Small classes are for 12 people or under.

I wish I could continue , but the clubs with warm pools are expensive around here. My insurance doesn't cover it either. If anyone gets this chance, try it. It's worth the chance that it will help you.

Debbie T.

Co-moderator

From: tracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: PT problemTo: Neurosarcoidosis@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:56 PM

Good job Judy!! Hang in there-- and call around to the private physical therapists offices. One may very well have a pool you can use thru them. It would still be billed as physical therapy-- but you wouldn't have to deal with this hospital. Your doc just has to write the prescription- - for whatever time frame he deems necessary (ongoing renewals will be needed, just as you've dealt with in the past-- so go for it!

You are one tough lady, and I know how trying all this has been!

Hugs,

Tracie

PT problem

Spoke to the Patient Liason who knows me quiet well. She is very fine and knows how hard of a worker I am in therapy.I had quite a good reputation when I was doing land therapy.I also talked to my insurance company who agreed that my insurance does cover PT no atrings attached.They were very cooperative and said what I should let them kick me out, then. call them and they will prior authorize my therapy through the medical director of insurance plan, so therapy will not be so worried that they may not get their money. When I talked to them they were very enmpathetic and kind.When we had our meeting with the PT Dept they said today would be my last day. Bob suggested that I say nothing about getting the services prior authorized. When they had our meeting I asked for a copy of my chart. They said I oculd have it today.I will then send a copy to the insurance commpany where

the Medical Director give them approval for all the therapy I need. Their Liason said that was very helpful and reaftrmed that my plan has no limits on Therapy, and especially me with my history.Wo we will have to let them do their thing and then contact the insurane company.Our lives are so very interesting,Everyone thank you for your suggestions, I had already thought the same things.Judy in PAJudy in PA____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __