RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sissy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sissy, My heart goes out to you, first just seeing your name, I have a niece I helped raise and we call her Sissy, and now she is married and has a little girl, who was dx with JRA, and this little girl is a ray of sunshine, you wouldn't know she is in pain, has been on Methotrexate, she is in remission now, and I pray it is a long remission.

I too am an RN and have thought many times about finding a job I could sit down at, and my husbands reminds me how I can't get out of bed early without getting sick for the day. I tried teaching but standing for 3 hours during lecture was difficult too, the labs, and clinicals were fun but time consuming, so had to give that up too, I do some very, very part time work for a home health agency too, but I just do the certificates testing needed to pass meds, I have a pt. with a G-tube, and one with seizures, they have this new way of treating seizures, maybe you are familiar with it, they put this device in there head and if the pt. starts having uncontrollable seizures you pass a magnet over the stimulator, and this causes more seizures to interrupt the cycle. anyway I work about 10-15 hours a YEAR, so I can handle it so far.

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time, I find it's really hard to leave nursing behind, I would love to back to school and become a PA, but My husband says NO WAY. I do however find that the more we push ourselves the more we pay, so try to pace yourself. My Mother who is 86, lives in a small apt. and is able to pay all her bills with her SS.

but no money left over. She too is a nurse and didn't retire until the family made her at 76, she was always tired and head aches, she too has been dx with Sarcoid about a year after she retired, but Thank God, she has not had any problems with it, so she probably won't, I am so thankful she doesn't have to deal with this disease. She says she should still be working. My Mother had to be careful that she didn't work too much or she would have to pay SS back, and she did a couple times, that is just crazy, the government should help those who help themselves like you.

we are always here for you, so please know that, check in when you can to let us know how you're doing, it doesn't have to be a long post, just a Hi I'm hanging in there, or I'm not hanging in there, and need our " prayers " , that we can always do.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you have a blessed Christmas with your grand daughter! Marla -- May the Lord bless you and keep you,May the Lord make his face to shine upon

You,And be gracious to you;May the Lord lift up his favor upon you and give you his peace.(Numbers 6:24-26)

Guest guest

Hey Girls. I was a CNA for 20 years. I cried when I realized I could no longer do my much loved service.

I have a medical back ground so I opted to try Medical Transcription or Medical Coding. I can do this from home at my pleasure. I only have to use up an hour or two at a time. I am just starting school for this but have already been told I have a job right here in Mauston. We have a state of the art hospital and a huge clinic who are both always looking for a coder or transcriptionist. They tell me they are both in need. Any way they only pay 8 cents a sentence but who cares! I am at home right in front of my computer. I hope it all works out. Anyway did you think about going that way.

Darn now I am rattling on. Must be catchy. LOL

Good days to all.

Jackie

Sissy

Sissy, My heart goes out to you, first just seeing your name, I have a niece I helped raise and we call her Sissy, and now she is married and has a little girl, who was dx with JRA, and this little girl is a ray of sunshine, you wouldn't know she is in pain, has been on Methotrexate, she is in remission now, and I pray it is a long remission. I too am an RN and have thought many times about finding a job I could sit down at, and my husbands reminds me how I can't get out of bed early without getting sick for the day. I tried teaching but standing for 3 hours during lecture was difficult too, the labs, and clinicals were fun but time consuming, so had to give that up too, I do some very, very part time work for a home health agency too, but I just do the certificates testing needed to pass meds, I have a pt. with a G-tube, and one with seizures, they have this new way of treating seizures, maybe you are familiar with it, they put this device in there head and if the pt. starts having uncontrollable seizures you pass a magnet over the stimulator, and this causes more seizures to interrupt the cycle. anyway I work about 10-15 hours a YEAR, so I can handle it so far. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time, I find it's really hard to leave nursing behind, I would love to back to school and become a PA, but My husband says NO WAY. I do however find that the more we push ourselves the more we pay, so try to pace yourself. My Mother who is 86, lives in a small apt. and is able to pay all her bills with her SS.but no money left over. She too is a nurse and didn't retire until the family made her at 76, she was always tired and head aches, she too has been dx with Sarcoid about a year after she retired, but Thank God, she has not had any problems with it, so she probably won't, I am so thankful she doesn't have to deal with this disease. She says she should still be working. My Mother had to be careful that she didn't work too much or she would have to pay SS back, and she did a couple times, that is just crazy, the government should help those who help themselves like you. we are always here for you, so please know that, check in when you can to let us know how you're doing, it doesn't have to be a long post, just a Hi I'm hanging in there, or I'm not hanging in there, and need our "prayers", that we can always do. You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you have a blessed Christmas with your grand daughter! Marla -- May the Lord bless you and keep you,May the Lord make his face to shine uponYou,And be gracious to you;May the Lord lift up his favor upon you and give you his peace.(Numbers 6:24-26)