RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: SSD hearig date set...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Pam,

Many of us have had approval go through even at the first try. By the time it gets to a judge, it is generally approved.

How long have you been off work with sarc?

Once you get the approval, and have been unemployed for 2 full yrs, you get Medicare Part A and B.

You pay a premium from your SSDI check for Part B-- medical coverage. It's $96 a month-- and you can choose a Part D prescription coverage where there is a small monthly premium.

I just did a post a couple of weeks ago that explained the low income assistance for the Part D premium. I'll try to pull it up and repost it.

Also, is your husband has insurance-- it may work to your advantage to stay with his prescription coverage if they are paying for the Enbrel.

If you have not been out for 2 yrs, then you may qualify depending on your income for your State MediCaid insurance (MediCal in California). Even at this point, you might be able to apply for Medicaid and show them what your monthly medical expenses are-- and if you end up with a "Share of Cost" (the amount you have to pay before the State picks up the balance) then I believe the premium you pay monthly, and all your copays and drug copays go towards that SOC. Each state program is different-- so it is important to check with your local State Welfare Office.

Worse case scenario-- and i'm not projecting this will happen-- if you are turned down for SSDI-- keep going back and appealling it. DO NOT LET IT DROP. As long as you keep going, they will eventually have to pay you retro-actively from when you BEGAN this process!

If you haven't had neuropsych testing which can show the scrambled brain issues, each funky tests requires a specific part of the brain to be working to complete the task--- so even if you don't have granulomas or plaque on the brain-- but have vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels, where the effect on the brain is intermittent short term memory loss, etc) the deficits can be proven.

Hang in there, and let us know more about your journey--

Hope this helps,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

To: Neurosarcoidosis Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:58:39 AMSubject: SSD hearig date set...

got the call this week that my hearing will be on Febuary 20, in Richmond VA. I am so on edge over it, we have EVERYthing riding on the approval. have very bad sort term menory and costant pain truought my body. I have tha sarcoid induced arthritis and am on enbral but have been unable th tak any r/t surgery done and then got the flu.I am looking to see how each of you cases wenr...especially if you are young (I am 36). did you get aprovel or rejected this the hearing stadge?Also if appoved when can I gett medicaid (?) or is it medicare(?)I have isurrance via my husband but it is very espensive and does'nt cove 100% I have a lot of large copays ie..medication most that I am o it cost $25 PER PRESCRIPTION and I spend $100;s every month just on my mends. Then theree are the doctor's copays @ $15,$25,$35. I see an averave of 5 doctors/therapits every month so this gets expensive.Will I automatically

be elaigible for coverae on mediaid/medicare- -which one is it?Thanks for you help!!!!!!!! !!!!!