RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We do valtrex for all my kids. Only one is immune compromised. Oliverex is also a good thing. Homeopathy is another option. They have worked for us jn the past. RuthSent from my iPhone

Hi everyone,

I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids? I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any help that I can get from all of you.

Thanks

is

Guest guest

Why would one have these titers checked? Is this infection common in ASD children? Do these infections affect our children's behavior? Should I request this to be done?

Just trying to understand as I am having a hard time figuring out my son's behavior lately.

TIA.

Cristine

Cristine RemboldWAHU mom to Sara, Grace, , , Margaretwww.all4my5kids.comwww.livetotalwellness.com/blessedmother (home office) (cell text)

Healthy home. Healthy family. "TO ENHANCE THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH BY HELPING PEOPLE REACH THEIR GOALS"

We do valtrex for all my kids. Only one is immune compromised. Oliverex is also a good thing. Homeopathy is another option. They have worked for us jn the past.

Ruth

Sent from my iPhone

Hi everyone,I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids? I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any help that I can get from all of you.Thanksis

Guest guest

- yes it is important to check for these and yes they can absolutely affect behavior. There are many infections that can be old pathogenic and wreak havoc in the body. Some of those are Lyme, mycoplasmas (there are many types), strep (including ASO and antidnaseb), hhv6, EBV, CMV. I'm sure there are others but those are top of mind. RuthSent from my iPhone

Why would one have these titers checked? Is this infection common in ASD children? Do these infections affect our children's behavior? Should I request this to be done?

Just trying to understand as I am having a hard time figuring out my son's behavior lately.

TIA.

Cristine

Cristine RemboldWAHU mom to Sara, Grace, , , Margaretwww.all4my5kids.comwww.livetotalwellness.com/blessedmother (home office) (cell text)

Healthy home. Healthy family. "TO ENHANCE THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH BY HELPING PEOPLE REACH THEIR GOALS"

We do valtrex for all my kids. Only one is immune compromised. Oliverex is also a good thing. Homeopathy is another option. They have worked for us jn the past.

Ruth

Sent from my iPhone

Hi everyone,I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids? I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any help that I can get from all of you.Thanksis

Guest guest

Ruth,

Did you see high CMV titers in your kids also? I have read that valtrex has only

limited efficacy against cmv but the other antivirals like gancyclovir are too

toxic. I don't want to take the gcmaf route again and am willing to give valtrex

a try. Oliverex is going to be difficult for my kid because of his phenol issue.

Has anyone got any benefits purely from valtrex when used in a kid with high CMV

titers?

is

>

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has

elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot

of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in

immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids?

I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any

help that I can get from all of you.

> >

> > Thanks

> > is

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Ruth! I was wondering that if we are dealing with viruses here, why

should I continue zithromax prophylaxis? He never tested positive for strep

culture/titers but more importantly, I didn't see much improvement with

zithromax. My son's mycoplasma IgM is negative but IgG is indeterminate so it

means he is not immune to it. But I feel like we keep promoting more yeast with

zithromax even if it is just the prophylactic dose and then yeast die off is

horrible for my kid. It becomes a vicious cycle for him, antibiotic then yeast

flare then antifungals and neuropathic pains and worsening of ocd and anxiety. I

know some parents rotate naturals for prevention of bacterial infections. I am

currently using diflucan and vancomycin - 2 weeks on 1 week off. Vancomycin

keeps clostridia in check for my kid. Am I making a mistake by discontinuing the

zithromax prophylaxis?

Thanks

is

> > > > >

> > > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He

also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used

by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > is

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Ruth,

I didn't think about the zithromax for lyme but it makes sense. I had a long

appointment with my dan but didn't even get to all the test results since we had

done so much blood work. I will talk to him soon for the valtrex prescription

and will discuss lyme also. At the dan conference this year, sach boulardii was

discussed a lot and was highly recommended for treatment and prevention of

clostridia. But my dan mentioned something about it not being good for my kid

and I always forget to ask him the reason. I will ask him this week and will let

you know. We are getting the lactobacillus rhamnosus thru d-lactate custom

probiotics. Thank you so much for your help Ruth!

is

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He

also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used

by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Ruth, how old is your son and where do you get the generic valtrex?

is, why would you not use GcMAF? Have you tried it? What results have you

seen? I am thinking of trying GcMAF if I don't get an Rx for Valtrex soon. My

son had high HHV6 and past CMV. He started writing, dancing and decreased

spacing with Valtrex. I had it compounded with almond oil.

Thanks,

Sheila

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hi everyone,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1.

He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is

used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

What is EBV and CMV??To: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:16:06 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options - yes it is important to check for these and yes they can absolutely affect behavior. There are many infections that can be old pathogenic and wreak havoc in the body. Some of those are Lyme, mycoplasmas (there are many types), strep (including ASO and antidnaseb), hhv6, EBV, CMV. I'm sure there are others but those are top of mind. RuthSent from my iPhone Why would one have these titers checked? Is this infection common in ASD children? Do these infections affect our children's behavior? Should I request this to be done?Just trying to understand as I am having a hard time figuring out my son's behavior lately. TIA.Cristine Cristine RemboldWAHU mom to Sara, Grace, , , Margaretwww.all4my5kids.comwww.livetotalwellness.com/blessedmother (home office) (cell text) Healthy home. Healthy family. "TO ENHANCE THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH BY HELPING PEOPLE REACH THEIR GOALS" Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options We do valtrex for all my kids. Only one is immune compromised. Oliverex is also a good thing. Homeopathy is another option. They have worked for us jn the past. RuthSent from my iPhone Hi everyone,I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids? I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any help that I can get from all of you.Thanksis

Guest guest

Epstein Barr virus and cytomegalovirus. Sent from my iPhone

What is EBV and CMV??To: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:16:06 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options

- yes it is important to check for these and yes they can absolutely affect behavior. There are many infections that can be old pathogenic and wreak havoc in the body. Some of those are Lyme, mycoplasmas (there are many types), strep (including ASO and antidnaseb), hhv6, EBV, CMV. I'm sure there are others but those are top of mind. RuthSent from my iPhone

TIA.

Cristine

Ruth

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Thanks Ruth,How do you test for that?IsabelTo: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 05:05:13 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options Epstein Barr virus and cytomegalovirus. Sent from my iPhone What is EBV and CMV??To: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:16:06 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options - yes it is important to check for these and yes they can absolutely affect behavior. There are many infections that can be old pathogenic and wreak havoc in the body. Some of those are Lyme, mycoplasmas (there are many types), strep (including ASO and antidnaseb), hhv6, EBV, CMV. I'm sure there are others but those are top of mind. RuthSent from my iPhone Why would one have these titers checked? Is this infection common in ASD children? Do these infections affect our children's behavior? Should I request this to be done?Just trying to understand as I am having a hard time figuring out my son's behavior lately. TIA.Cristine Cristine RemboldWAHU mom to Sara, Grace, , , Margaretwww.all4my5kids.comwww.livetotalwellness.com/blessedmother (home office) (cell text) Healthy home. Healthy family. "TO ENHANCE THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH BY HELPING PEOPLE REACH THEIR GOALS" Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options We do valtrex for all my kids. Only one is immune compromised. Oliverex is also a good thing. Homeopathy is another option. They have worked for us jn the past. RuthSent from my iPhone Hi everyone,I got high CMV titers on my son's bloodwork. His IgG is 10.1. He also has elevated hhv6. What are the treatment options for CMV? Valtrex is used by a lot of my friends here but it is mainly used for prevention of cmv in immunocompromised patients. What are the treatment options for CMV in our kids? I have heard of lysine but not sure if it will help. Will really appreciate any help that I can get from all of you.Thanksis

Guest guest

It is a blood test. You will want to test both IgG and IgM. Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Ruth,How do you test for that?IsabelTo: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 05:05:13 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options

Epstein Barr virus and cytomegalovirus. Sent from my iPhone

What is EBV and CMV??To: mb12valtrex From: dan-ruth-setlak@...Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:16:06 -0400Subject: Re: High cmv and hhv6 titers - ???treatment options

TIA.

Cristine

Ruth

Sent from my iPhone