RemedySpot.com

Re: PANS/PANDAS&CFD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tammy - yes, my pans kid has this. But so does his non-Pans twin. They both have lyme Havent tested the rest of us. But, definitely good to test for. We Tried the Leucovorin without any change. We are now taking large dose 5-mthfr. HTHRuthSent from my iPhone

is and other families dealing with PANS / PANDAS symptoms

I just watched a presentation by Dr. Neubrander and read another by Dr. Rossingol - both made mention of Folate receptor autoantibodies symptoms overlapping with PANDAS / PANS symptoms.

Could be way off, but figured it's worth a mention.

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Guest guest

Tammy,

Your post reminded me that I am a horrible person. I promised everyone on the

list that I will be sharing the important points that I learned at the

conference and never really got to it. But now that you have mentioned the CFD,

I am motivated again and this weekend I will share some points that I thought

would be helpful for everyone and a lot of you may actually know those points

already as I am still lagging behind.

My son has cerebral folate deficiency and I have tried leucovorin and cerefolin

but both made him crazy. Before we found out that he has the antibodies

positive, I had him on 5MTHF. When I first started 5MTHF, I immediately saw

better focus, eye contact and improved performance overall. I was using Thorne

brand then. Then I switched to Prothera and didn't see any more benefits. At

that time we got the Quadros result and tried the cerefolin and then leucovorin.

He actually got extreme hyperactivity on those. So finally, I decided to give

5mthf another try and this time tried Thorne. At the autism one conference,

5mthf was discussed a lot as it not only provides the folate but reduces

neopterin and thereby reduces inflammation. As you know that my son has been

going thru a lot in the last few months(even though he has improved in some

aspects also), 5mthf really did help him. It definitely reduced inflammation. I

am still on 1000 mcg a day but plan to increase it asap. It actually gave me

better results than advil. So my feeling is that a lot of docs are now

recommending leucovorin and cerefolin, one should try different forms if one is

not working and for me 5mthf has been the best as it is acting as an

antiinflammatory as well.

Thanks

is

>

> is and other families dealing with PANS / PANDAS symptoms

>

> I just watched a presentation by Dr. Neubrander and read another by Dr.

Rossingol - both made mention of Folate receptor autoantibodies symptoms

overlapping with PANDAS / PANS symptoms.

>

> Could be way off, but figured it's worth a mention.

> Tammy

>

> Sent from my Kindle Fire

>

Guest guest

is,You are NOT a horrible person! You're a mom trying to raise a family and conquer this freaking mess all at the same time.I am, in fact, so happy you left this post. There's a mom on a fb group who said her son is on day 8 of Leucovorin and is losing his speech.I'll give her the heads-up.Thanks!Tammy

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 1:37 AM Subject: Re: PANS/PANDAS & CFD

Tammy,

Your post reminded me that I am a horrible person. I promised everyone on the list that I will be sharing the important points that I learned at the conference and never really got to it. But now that you have mentioned the CFD, I am motivated again and this weekend I will share some points that I thought would be helpful for everyone and a lot of you may actually know those points already as I am still lagging behind.

My son has cerebral folate deficiency and I have tried leucovorin and cerefolin but both made him crazy. Before we found out that he has the antibodies positive, I had him on 5MTHF. When I first started 5MTHF, I immediately saw better focus, eye contact and improved performance overall. I was using Thorne brand then. Then I switched to Prothera and didn't see any more benefits. At that time we got the Quadros result and tried the cerefolin and then leucovorin. He actually got extreme hyperactivity on those. So finally, I decided to give 5mthf another try and this time tried Thorne. At the autism one conference, 5mthf was discussed a lot as it not only provides the folate but reduces neopterin and thereby reduces inflammation. As you know that my son has been going thru a lot in the last few months(even though he has improved in some aspects also), 5mthf really did help him. It definitely reduced inflammation. I am still on 1000 mcg a day but plan to

increase it asap. It actually gave me better results than advil. So my feeling is that a lot of docs are now recommending leucovorin and cerefolin, one should try different forms if one is not working and for me 5mthf has been the best as it is acting as an antiinflammatory as well.

Thanks

is

>

>

> I just watched a presentation by Dr. Neubrander and read another by Dr. Rossingol - both made mention of Folate receptor autoantibodies symptoms overlapping with PANDAS / PANS symptoms.

>

> Tammy

>

>

Guest guest

is,Are you doing the mb12 along with the folate?There's a few CFD smarties who say this is required with the 5mtfh to avoid the methyl trap.Tammy To: mb12valtrex Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 1:37 AM Subject: Re: PANS/PANDAS & CFD

Tammy,

Your post reminded me that I am a horrible person. I promised everyone on the list that I will be sharing the important points that I learned at the conference and never really got to it. But now that you have mentioned the CFD, I am motivated again and this weekend I will share some points that I thought would be helpful for everyone and a lot of you may actually know those points already as I am still lagging behind.

My son has cerebral folate deficiency and I have tried leucovorin and cerefolin but both made him crazy. Before we found out that he has the antibodies positive, I had him on 5MTHF. When I first started 5MTHF, I immediately saw better focus, eye contact and improved performance overall. I was using Thorne brand then. Then I switched to Prothera and didn't see any more benefits. At that time we got the Quadros result and tried the cerefolin and then leucovorin. He actually got extreme hyperactivity on those. So finally, I decided to give 5mthf another try and this time tried Thorne. At the autism one conference, 5mthf was discussed a lot as it not only provides the folate but reduces neopterin and thereby reduces inflammation. As you know that my son has been going thru a lot in the last few months(even though he has improved in some aspects also), 5mthf really did help him. It definitely reduced inflammation. I am still on 1000 mcg a day but plan to

increase it asap. It actually gave me better results than advil. So my feeling is that a lot of docs are now recommending leucovorin and cerefolin, one should try different forms if one is not working and for me 5mthf has been the best as it is acting as an antiinflammatory as well.

Thanks

is

>

>

> I just watched a presentation by Dr. Neubrander and read another by Dr. Rossingol - both made mention of Folate receptor autoantibodies symptoms overlapping with PANDAS / PANS symptoms.

>

> Tammy

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, I am using methyl B12 shots every other day also. Another thing that is

helping is custom probiotics. I saw some improvement on day one. I have realized

that my son cannot handle antiyeast treatments so now I am trying to manage die

off better.

is

> >

> > is and other families dealing with PANS / PANDAS symptoms

> >

> > I just watched a presentation by Dr. Neubrander and read another by Dr.

Rossingol - both made mention of Folate receptor autoantibodies symptoms

overlapping with PANDAS / PANS symptoms.

> >

> > Could be way off, but figured it's worth a mention.

> > Tammy

> >

> > Sent from my Kindle Fire

> >

>