RemedySpot.com

Re: Valtrex and sleep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You should call your doctor. That's a side effect that might not b a good thing. Could be a kidney issue. Could be he needs a lower dose. Drowsiness is not a typical die-off reaction so while it may be fine, it's impossible for anyone to say. BUT fatigue is a very common die off reaction so it's not impossible to say that your son is just responding to the fatigue with sleep. It might be something alarming, it might be something you should wait out. If he falls asleep at school, so be it until his body adjusts (if that's what needs to happen - my son fell asleep a lot in school when we first started biomed for several reasons and you just deal with it). Call your doctor, s/he'll possibly want to go ahead and run labs now to find out how the kidneys are functioning. But you shouldn't start and stop antivirals. It can cause viral mutation. Talk to your doctor before you stop or start unless you're actually fearful for his health. When starting any new therapy, don't wait a month to tell anyone about side-effects. Call your doctor within the first few days of seeing them, even if you know it's normal. Having stopped them, it might not be a simple solution anymore. You may need to go back on just to find out if it was affecting the kidneys because the reaction is probably cleared from the system. I can't stress this enough to anyone: be safe. It's still medication and even though antivirals are typically pretty harmless, that doesn't mean there aren't people that react poorly. Keep communication open with your doctor when you first start something. Check in a week after starting anything new with a phone call or an email if something is happening that concerns you. Don't wait or just stop something. Communication is the only way to effectively work with your doctor.

* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~

Hello everyone,

My son is 5 and half autistic. Has anyone experienced a long sleeping hours on valtrex, drowziness with your son, we started a month ago and we had to stop it because my son couldn't get up in the morning and when I dress him up to the school he sleeps in the classroom.

I would appreciate if anybody know about this becasue I had to stop it because my son sleeps for almost 20 hours in several times and cant get up in the morning. I used to give him 250 mg three times a day.

Any idea why??? Thanks.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so

much, this is so informative.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 1:43 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

You should call your doctor. That's a side effect that might not b a good thing. Could be a kidney issue. Could be he needs a lower dose. Drowsiness is not a typical die-off reaction so while it may be fine, it's impossible for anyone to say. BUT fatigue is a very common die off reaction so it's not impossible to say that your son is just responding to the fatigue with sleep. It might be something alarming, it might be something you should wait out. If he falls asleep at school, so be it until his body adjusts (if that's what needs to happen - my son fell asleep a lot in school when we first started biomed for several reasons and you just deal with it). Call your doctor, s/he'll possibly want to go ahead and run labs now to find out how the kidneys are functioning.

But you shouldn't start and stop antivirals. It can cause viral mutation. Talk to your doctor before you stop or start unless you're actually fearful for his health. When starting any new therapy, don't wait a month to tell anyone about side-effects. Call your doctor within the first few days of seeing them, even if you know it's normal. Having stopped them, it might not be a simple solution anymore. You may need to go back on just to find out if it was affecting the kidneys because the reaction is probably cleared from the system.

I can't stress this enough to anyone: be safe. It's still medication and even though antivirals are typically pretty harmless, that doesn't mean there aren't people that react poorly. Keep communication open with your doctor when you first start something. Check in a week after starting anything new with a phone call or an email if something is happening that concerns you. Don't wait or just stop something. Communication is the only way to effectively work with your doctor.

* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~

~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~

Hello everyone,My son is 5 and half autistic. Has anyone experienced a long sleeping hours on valtrex, drowziness with your son, we started a month ago and we had to stop it because my son couldn't get up in the morning and when I dress him up to the school he sleeps in the classroom.I would appreciate if anybody know about this becasue I had to stop it because my son sleeps for almost 20 hours in several times and cant get up in the morning. I used to give him 250 mg three times a day.Any idea why??? Thanks.

Oi. It's so very annoying to see that a doctor isn't actually trying to find out what the problem IS. It could easily have been something that you needed to just push through. It could also be something problematic and dangerous. You may have just done better with an antiviral switch instead of stopping it completely. There are 2 other antivirals you could work with if necessary.Just stopping everything doesn't tell you anything. Now what if you want to try again? You have to go through the whole thing all over again. And what does your doctor plan to do the next time it happens? Just give up? Is he going to tell you to stop everything every time something happens? Sheesh.

* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~

Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so

much, this is so informative.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 1:43 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

You should call your doctor. That's a side effect that might not b a good thing. Could be a kidney issue. Could be he needs a lower dose. Drowsiness is not a typical die-off reaction so while it may be fine, it's impossible for anyone to say. BUT fatigue is a very common die off reaction so it's not impossible to say that your son is just responding to the fatigue with sleep. It might be something alarming, it might be something you should wait out. If he falls asleep at school, so be it until his body adjusts (if that's what needs to happen - my son fell asleep a lot in school when we first started biomed for several reasons and you just deal with it). Call your doctor, s/he'll possibly want to go ahead and run labs now to find out how the kidneys are functioning.

But you shouldn't start and stop antivirals. It can cause viral mutation. Talk to your doctor before you stop or start unless you're actually fearful for his health. When starting any new therapy, don't wait a month to tell anyone about side-effects. Call your doctor within the first few days of seeing them, even if you know it's normal. Having stopped them, it might not be a simple solution anymore. You may need to go back on just to find out if it was affecting the kidneys because the reaction is probably cleared from the system.

I can't stress this enough to anyone: be safe. It's still medication and even though antivirals are typically pretty harmless, that doesn't mean there aren't people that react poorly. Keep communication open with your doctor when you first start something. Check in a week after starting anything new with a phone call or an email if something is happening that concerns you. Don't wait or just stop something. Communication is the only way to effectively work with your doctor.

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hello everyone,My son is 5 and half autistic. Has anyone experienced a long sleeping hours on valtrex, drowziness with your son, we started a month ago and we had to stop it because my son couldn't get up in the morning and when I dress him up to the school he sleeps in the classroom.I would appreciate if anybody know about this becasue I had to stop it because my son sleeps for almost 20 hours in several times and cant get up in the morning. I used to give him 250 mg three times a day.Any idea why??? Thanks.

I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and

told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250 three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area.

As soon as I received your e-mail this morning I requested for a requsition to do lab work specifically for the kidneys, liver and Cholestorol since he's on a cholesterol supplement for his low cholesterol level and because we are going to draw his blood anyway and I mentioned to the doctor to add whatever he feels necessary. Please let me know if any other lab work is necessary

May I know what are the other anti-viral are there? I feel so bad and worried now and I thank you again for your valuable advice.

Thank you so much and I highly appreciated. Please feel free to let me know if anything else I should know.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:58 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Oi. It's so very annoying to see that a doctor isn't actually trying to find out what the problem IS. It could easily have been something that you needed to just push through. It could also be something problematic and dangerous. You may have just done better with an antiviral switch instead of stopping it completely. There are 2 other antivirals you could work with if necessary.

Just stopping everything doesn't tell you anything. Now what if you want to try again? You have to go through the whole thing all over again. And what does your doctor plan to do the next time it happens? Just give up? Is he going to tell you to stop everything every time something happens? Sheesh.

~ Make a biomed book ~

Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so much, this is so informative.

~ Make a biomed book ~

Because of the fatigue/sleepiness issue, I'd also look at cortisol and definitely pull T & B Lymph/NK Cells along with a CBC+Chem. And iron. And an anemia panel.The other two antivirals are zovirax and famvir.But first figure out if he's just reacting to the fatigue with sleep or if there really is a problem with the kidneys. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find that out right now, though. If you stopped the Valtrex more than several days ago, the kidneys may have recovered by now if that was the problem. And does the calcium contain magnesium?You might find it helpful to read the antiviral link in my signature.

I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and

told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250 three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area.

As soon as I received your e-mail this morning I requested for a requsition to do lab work specifically for the kidneys, liver and Cholestorol since he's on a cholesterol supplement for his low cholesterol level and because we are going to draw his blood anyway and I mentioned to the doctor to add whatever he feels necessary. Please let me know if any other lab work is necessary

May I know what are the other anti-viral are there? I feel so bad and worried now and I thank you again for your valuable advice.

Thank you so much and I highly appreciated. Please feel free to let me know if anything else I should know.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:58 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Oi. It's so very annoying to see that a doctor isn't actually trying to find out what the problem IS. It could easily have been something that you needed to just push through. It could also be something problematic and dangerous. You may have just done better with an antiviral switch instead of stopping it completely. There are 2 other antivirals you could work with if necessary.

Just stopping everything doesn't tell you anything. Now what if you want to try again? You have to go through the whole thing all over again. And what does your doctor plan to do the next time it happens? Just give up? Is he going to tell you to stop everything every time something happens? Sheesh.

~ Make a biomed book ~

Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so much, this is so informative.

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hi Cheryl,

I ordered for the tests you mentioned, the calsium dont have magnesium in it just D3 and he suggested to start it because my son stopped drinking the almond milk.

I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he slept

until now he's still sleeping it's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash.

I thought to let you know more what's going on to give you more idea.

Thanks a lot.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:56 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Because of the fatigue/sleepiness issue, I'd also look at cortisol and definitely pull T & B Lymph/NK Cells along with a CBC+Chem. And iron. And an anemia panel.

The other two antivirals are zovirax and famvir.

But first figure out if he's just reacting to the fatigue with sleep or if there really is a problem with the kidneys. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find that out right now, though. If you stopped the Valtrex more than several days ago, the kidneys may have recovered by now if that was the problem. And does the calcium contain magnesium?

You might find it helpful to read the antiviral link in my signature.

~ Make a biomed book ~

I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250

three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Have you considered PANDAS our son does a visual stim when he has a flare,it usually resolves within 24 hours of giving zithromaxLet your email find you with BlackBerry® from VodafoneSender: mb12valtrex Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:17:50 -0700 (PDT)To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Valtrex and sleep Hi Cheryl, I ordered for the tests you mentioned, the calsium dont have magnesium in it just D3 and he suggested to start it because my son stopped drinking the almond milk. I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he sleptuntil now he's still sleeping it's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash. I thought to let you know more what's going on to give you more idea. Thanks a lot. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:56 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepBecause of the fatigue/sleepiness issue, I'd also look at cortisol and definitely pull T & B Lymph/NK Cells along with a CBC+Chem. And iron. And an anemia panel.The other two antivirals are zovirax and famvir.But first figure out if he's just reacting to the fatigue with sleep or if there really is a problem with the kidneys. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find that out right now, though. If you stopped the Valtrex more than several days ago, the kidneys may have recovered by now if that was the problem. And does the calcium contain magnesium?You might find it helpful to read the antiviral link in my signature.* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area. As soon as I received your e-mail this morning I requested for a requsition to do lab work specifically for the kidneys, liver and Cholestorol since he's on a cholesterol supplement for his low cholesterol level and because we are going to draw his blood anyway and I mentioned to the doctor to add whatever he feels necessary. Please let me know if any other lab work is necessary May I know what are the other anti-viral are there? I feel so bad and worried now and I thank you again for your valuable advice. Thank you so much and I highly appreciated. Please feel free to let me know if anything else I should know.To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:58 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepOi. It's so very annoying to see that a doctor isn't actually trying to find out what the problem IS. It could easily have been something that you needed to just push through. It could also be something problematic and dangerous. You may have just done better with an antiviral switch instead of stopping it completely. There are 2 other antivirals you could work with if necessary. Just stopping everything doesn't tell you anything. Now what if you want to try again? You have to go through the whole thing all over again. And what does your doctor plan to do the next time it happens? Just give up? Is he going to tell you to stop everything every time something happens? Sheesh. * * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so much, this is so informative. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 1:43 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepYou should call your doctor. That's a side effect that might not b a good thing. Could be a kidney issue. Could be he needs a lower dose. Drowsiness is not a typical die-off reaction so while it may be fine, it's impossible for anyone to say. BUT fatigue is a very common die off reaction so it's not impossible to say that your son is just responding to the fatigue with sleep. It might be something alarming, it might be something you should wait out. If he falls asleep at school, so be it until his body adjusts (if that's what needs to happen - my son fell asleep a lot in school when we first started biomed for several reasons and you just deal with it). Call your doctor, s/he'll possibly want to go ahead and run labs now to find out how the kidneys are functioning. But you shouldn't start and stop antivirals. It can cause viral mutation. Talk to your doctor before you stop or start unless you're actually fearful for his health. When starting any new therapy, don't wait a month to tell anyone about side-effects. Call your doctor within the first few days of seeing them, even if you know it's normal. Having stopped them, it might not be a simple solution anymore. You may need to go back on just to find out if it was affecting the kidneys because the reaction is probably cleared from the system. I can't stress this enough to anyone: be safe. It's still medication and even though antivirals are typically pretty harmless, that doesn't mean there aren't people that react poorly. Keep communication open with your doctor when you first start something. Check in a week after starting anything new with a phone call or an email if something is happening that concerns you. Don't wait or just stop something. Communication is the only way to effectively work with your doctor. * * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ Hello everyone,My son is 5 and half autistic. Has anyone experienced a long sleeping hours on valtrex, drowziness with your son, we started a month ago and we had to stop it because my son couldn't get up in the morning and when I dress him up to the school he sleeps in the classroom.I would appreciate if anybody know about this becasue I had to stop it because my son sleeps for almost 20 hours in several times and cant get up in the morning. I used to give him 250 mg three times a day.Any idea why??? Thanks.

In my house visual stims were viral and went away with antivirals. is also right in suggesting you test for PANDAS. If he has a rash it could very well be die off from the antiviral. Did you read the link in my sig?

Hi Cheryl,

I ordered for the tests you mentioned, the calsium dont have magnesium in it just D3 and he suggested to start it because my son stopped drinking the almond milk.

I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he slept

until now he's still sleeping it's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash.

Thanks a lot.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:56 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Because of the fatigue/sleepiness issue, I'd also look at cortisol and definitely pull T & B Lymph/NK Cells along with a CBC+Chem. And iron. And an anemia panel.

But first figure out if he's just reacting to the fatigue with sleep or if there really is a problem with the kidneys. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find that out right now, though. If you stopped the Valtrex more than several days ago, the kidneys may have recovered by now if that was the problem. And does the calcium contain magnesium?

~ Make a biomed book ~

I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250

three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

I couldn't read but I will definitely do that, my both sons are sick and just came from the Pediatrician and he prescribed Amox-Clav 600 mg for both of them having sore throats/mouth, both had fever the last few days. I didn't give any anti-biotics for my son since he was 2 years old and don't like to but my husband was extremly worried about him and what's going on with him. I hope it's not a bad thing to do now.

How to test for Pandas? And when I can try the antiviral again? Shall I wait until I get the results for the lab work?

Thanks a lot to you and .

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:13 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

In my house visual stims were viral and went away with antivirals. is also right in suggesting you test for PANDAS. If he has a rash it could very well be die off from the antiviral. Did you read the link in my sig?

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hi Cheryl,

I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he slept until now he's still sleeping

it's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash.

Thanks a lot.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Antibiotics are not evil. As a matter of fact, erythromycin was a huge part of my son's early biomed days. We did a year of erythromycin because of chronic respiratory infections since birth. It's the reason he doesn't have them anymore. It's also a big part of PANDAS treatment.To test for PANDAS you'll want to first start with pulling ASO and antiDnase titers.

I couldn't read but I will definitely do that, my both sons are sick and just came from the Pediatrician and he prescribed Amox-Clav 600 mg for both of them having sore throats/mouth, both had fever the last few days. I didn't give any anti-biotics for my son since he was 2 years old and don't like to but my husband was extremly worried about him and what's going on with him. I hope it's not a bad thing to do now.

How to test for Pandas? And when I can try the antiviral again? Shall I wait until I get the results for the lab work?

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:13 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hi Cheryl,

I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he slept until now he's still sleeping

it's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash.

Thanks a lot.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Thank you so much, it's so comforting to know that the antibiotic is a good thing to do now, I feel that my son is messed up at this time and he needs it. It's so sad that I never heard about pandas and busy with my son's behaviour and stimming and trying to find something to calm him down and make him focus and try to make a bit higher functioning than he is but I have to read more about Pandas and test him for that.

Thank you so much, you were a great help to me in one of my very difficult times.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:46 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Antibiotics are not evil. As a matter of fact, erythromycin was a huge part of my son's early biomed days. We did a year of erythromycin because of chronic respiratory infections since birth. It's the reason he doesn't have them anymore. It's also a big part of PANDAS treatment.

To test for PANDAS you'll want to first start with pulling ASO and antiDnase titers.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks a lot.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Antibiotic in the case of pandas can make night and day difference,sometimes our kids need them,naturals are just not enough,good luckLet your email find you with BlackBerry® from VodafoneSender: mb12valtrex Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 03:59:28 -0700 (PDT)To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >ReplyTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Valtrex and sleep Thank you so much, it's so comforting to know that the antibiotic is a good thing to do now, I feel that my son is messed up at this time and he needs it. It's so sad that I never heard about pandas and busy with my son's behaviour and stimming and trying to find something to calm him down and make him focus and try to make a bit higher functioning than he is but I have to read more about Pandas and test him for that. Thank you so much, you were a great help to me in one of my very difficult times.To: mb12valtrex Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:46 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepAntibiotics are not evil. As a matter of fact, erythromycin was a huge part of my son's early biomed days. We did a year of erythromycin because of chronic respiratory infections since birth. It's the reason he doesn't have them anymore. It's also a big part of PANDAS treatment.To test for PANDAS you'll want to first start with pulling ASO and antiDnase titers.* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ I couldn't read but I will definitely do that, my both sons are sick and just came from the Pediatrician and he prescribed Amox-Clav 600 mg for both of them having sore throats/mouth, both had fever the last few days. I didn't give any anti-biotics for my son since he was 2 years old and don't like to but my husband was extremly worried about him and what's going on with him. I hope it's not a bad thing to do now. How to test for Pandas? And when I can try the antiviral again? Shall I wait until I get the results for the lab work? Thanks a lot to you and .To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:13 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepIn my house visual stims were viral and went away with antivirals. is also right in suggesting you test for PANDAS. If he has a rash it could very well be die off from the antiviral. Did you read the link in my sig?* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ Hi Cheryl, I ordered for the tests you mentioned, the calsium dont have magnesium in it just D3 and he suggested to start it because my son stopped drinking the almond milk. I would like to ask if you know why my son does a visual stimming started two month ago and almost stopped recently but these days started again and when I spoke to the doctor last time he said to contact the neurologist and run a 24 hours eeg test. He sits and look from the corner of his eyes moving his head slowly to the right side and back then he's back to normal for few seconds looks at me, his dad or his brother and then he does it again and again this way. When my son does it, I know that his concentration at this time is weak. Yesterday he got up fine with very good eye contact until after noon when I gave him Benadryl for the rash he slept from 4.0pm to 7.0pm and got up visually stimming most of the evening, then I gave him melatonin at 1.0 am and he slept until now he's still sleepingit's now 11.15 I didn't send him to school because I took appointment with his pediatrician to look at his rash. I thought to let you know more what's going on to give you more idea. Thanks a lot. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:56 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepBecause of the fatigue/sleepiness issue, I'd also look at cortisol and definitely pull T & B Lymph/NK Cells along with a CBC+Chem. And iron. And an anemia panel. The other two antivirals are zovirax and famvir.But first figure out if he's just reacting to the fatigue with sleep or if there really is a problem with the kidneys. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find that out right now, though. If you stopped the Valtrex more than several days ago, the kidneys may have recovered by now if that was the problem. And does the calcium contain magnesium?You might find it helpful to read the antiviral link in my signature.* * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ I contacted him the first two days when we started the anti-viral and I told him that my son is irritated and looks very tiered, and I asked if it's normal to happen when we start the anti-viral, he replied that he never heard that anyone of his patients experienced such symptoms and this is uncommon!!!, then I was confused and thought that I am probably mistaken, I browsed online and read about the regression healing phase and got more confused considering the doctor's reply, for that reason I joined the group because I got very confused. In about a week my son became a bit better but sleeping more and more until I got so embarassed everytime I ask about my son and the teacher tell me that he slept most of the time in the classroom, then I contacted the doctor again and told him what's going on and he replied to stop everything I started since we started a new plan when we spoke last and restart them again one by one (Valacyclovir 250three times a day, Calsium and L-Carnosine) as soon as I stopped them my son sleep went back to normal but my son got very bad throat infection, fever and rash all over his body and very bad one in the diaper area. As soon as I received your e-mail this morning I requested for a requsition to do lab work specifically for the kidneys, liver and Cholestorol since he's on a cholesterol supplement for his low cholesterol level and because we are going to draw his blood anyway and I mentioned to the doctor to add whatever he feels necessary. Please let me know if any other lab work is necessary May I know what are the other anti-viral are there? I feel so bad and worried now and I thank you again for your valuable advice. Thank you so much and I highly appreciated. Please feel free to let me know if anything else I should know.To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:58 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepOi. It's so very annoying to see that a doctor isn't actually trying to find out what the problem IS. It could easily have been something that you needed to just push through. It could also be something problematic and dangerous. You may have just done better with an antiviral switch instead of stopping it completely. There are 2 other antivirals you could work with if necessary. Just stopping everything doesn't tell you anything. Now what if you want to try again? You have to go through the whole thing all over again. And what does your doctor plan to do the next time it happens? Just give up? Is he going to tell you to stop everything every time something happens? Sheesh. * * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply and your detailed explanation. I have good communication with my doctor and he suggested to stop everything I newly started giving him such as Calsium, L-Theanine and valtrex. My son was sleeping and sleeping for long hours. While I was so excited starting the valtrex may be it will change the life of my low functioning autistic son I had to stop it when the doctor said so. He actually suggested to stop everything I recently changed and go back to where he was and this what I did. I will ask the doctor for the lab work if this is the issue. The doctor should tell me that the long sleeping hours is alarming and he should do the necessary. Now I remember that the teacher told me once that my son urinated a lot today. Thank you so much, this is so informative. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 1:43 PMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleepYou should call your doctor. That's a side effect that might not b a good thing. Could be a kidney issue. Could be he needs a lower dose. Drowsiness is not a typical die-off reaction so while it may be fine, it's impossible for anyone to say. BUT fatigue is a very common die off reaction so it's not impossible to say that your son is just responding to the fatigue with sleep. It might be something alarming, it might be something you should wait out. If he falls asleep at school, so be it until his body adjusts (if that's what needs to happen - my son fell asleep a lot in school when we first started biomed for several reasons and you just deal with it). Call your doctor, s/he'll possibly want to go ahead and run labs now to find out how the kidneys are functioning. But you shouldn't start and stop antivirals. It can cause viral mutation. Talk to your doctor before you stop or start unless you're actually fearful for his health. When starting any new therapy, don't wait a month to tell anyone about side-effects. Call your doctor within the first few days of seeing them, even if you know it's normal. Having stopped them, it might not be a simple solution anymore. You may need to go back on just to find out if it was affecting the kidneys because the reaction is probably cleared from the system. I can't stress this enough to anyone: be safe. It's still medication and even though antivirals are typically pretty harmless, that doesn't mean there aren't people that react poorly. Keep communication open with your doctor when you first start something. Check in a week after starting anything new with a phone call or an email if something is happening that concerns you. Don't wait or just stop something. Communication is the only way to effectively work with your doctor. * * * Cheryl * * * ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~ ~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~~ Join the MB12Valtrex Yahoo! Group ~ Hello everyone,My son is 5 and half autistic. Has anyone experienced a long sleeping hours on valtrex, drowziness with your son, we started a month ago and we had to stop it because my son couldn't get up in the morning and when I dress him up to the school he sleeps in the classroom.I would appreciate if anybody know about this becasue I had to stop it because my son sleeps for almost 20 hours in several times and cant get up in the morning. I used to give him 250 mg three times a day.Any idea why??? Thanks.

Thank you so much , you and Cheryl were a great help.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:00 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Antibiotic in the case of pandas can make night and day difference,sometimes our kids need them,naturals are just not enough,good luck

Let your email find you with BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Sender: mb12valtrex

Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 03:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >

ReplyTo: mb12valtrex

Subject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Thank you so much, it's so comforting to know that the antibiotic is a good thing to do now, I feel that my son is messed up at this time and he needs it. It's so sad that I never heard about pandas and busy with my son's behaviour and stimming and trying to find something to calm him down and make him focus and try to make a bit higher functioning than he is but I have to read more about Pandas and test him for that.

Thank you so much, you were a great help to me in one of my very difficult times.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:46 AMSubject: Re: Valtrex and sleep

Antibiotics are not evil. As a matter of fact, erythromycin was a huge part of my son's early biomed days. We did a year of erythromycin because of chronic respiratory infections since birth. It's the reason he doesn't have them anymore. It's also a big part of PANDAS treatment.

To test for PANDAS you'll want to first start with pulling ASO and antiDnase titers.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks a lot.

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ Make a biomed book ~