RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Christie/Bedwetting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't have a magic supplement. :( I wish it were that easy.

Gryffin still wets the bed on rare occasions. So does my 7 year old. Tell your son that many kids go through it. He's not wetting the bed every night. He wets the bed a few times, then not again for months, so it's not a medical problem. It's a laundry problem. :) He's not the only

kid doing it; it just feels like it because kids don't talk about it. It's normal.

Don't get mad at him (not that you do). Don't let him get too mad at himself (a little is okay because it's motivating, too much and it's crippling). Ask him what he thinks will help. Let him get involved. Will

a night time alarm to get up and go pee help? The more tired you are, the harder it is to wake yourself up or hold it in your sleep. Heavy sleepers will pee the bed more often than lighter sleepers.

Be encouraging, try to find solutions together, and work as a team. If he feels like you are just trying things because you don't want him to pee the bed, he'll feel ashamed of himself. Let him know you aren't ashamed of him, it's normal, and if he wants help to not do it, you'll help and work through it with him. Show him the different options he choose from. The wee alarm that goes off if there's a drop of wetness on it that wakes you to stop yourself; just setting a wake up and go pee alarm (start at 10PM and 2AM, and then drop to just 2AM, and then drop altogether -  ABA extinction at its finest!); not drinking anything an hour before bed, etc. Make sure he goes pee before bed every night.

Work together. If he knows it's a problem, he'll be motivated to help himself instead of making you do all the work. He's 8 years old, and this is a good time to learn that lesson. ;) I did the same thing to Gryffin when he peed the bed more often. I told him it's not going to get better unless he chooses to work to make it better. I told him it's his effort that's going to do it; I can't do it for him.

--

* * * Cheryl * *

* ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ Gryffin's Tail Blog

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

CHRISTIE GRAVATT wrote:

Guest guest

DDAVP could help; my son hadn't wet the bed in yrs,and has not since he started on this-he takes a small amt: 0.2mg, and it was prescribed by his dr..~ Marilyn

Gryffin still wets the bed on rare occasions. So does my 7 year old. Tell your son that many kids go through it. He's not wetting the bed every night. He wets the bed a few times, then not again for months, so it's not a medical problem. It's a laundry problem. :) He's not the only

kid doing it; it just feels like it because kids don't talk about it. It's normal.

Don't get mad at him (not that you do). Don't let him get too mad at himself (a little is okay because it's motivating, too much and it's crippling). Ask him what he thinks will help. Let him get involved. Will

a night time alarm to get up and go pee help? The more tired you are, the harder it is to wake yourself up or hold it in your sleep. Heavy sleepers will pee the bed more often than lighter sleepers.

Be encouraging, try to find solutions together, and work as a team. If he feels like you are just trying things because you don't want him to pee the bed, he'll feel ashamed of himself. Let him know you aren't ashamed of him, it's normal, and if he wants help to not do it, you'll help and work through it with him. Show him the different options he choose from. The wee alarm that goes off if there's a drop of wetness on it that wakes you to stop yourself; just setting a wake up and go pee alarm (start at 10PM and 2AM, and then drop to just 2AM, and then drop altogether - ABA extinction at its finest!); not drinking anything an hour before bed, etc. Make sure he goes pee before bed every night.

Work together. If he knows it's a problem, he'll be motivated to help himself instead of making you do all the work. He's 8 years old, and this is a good time to learn that lesson. ;) I did the same thing to Gryffin when he peed the bed more often. I told him it's not going to get better unless he chooses to work to make it better. I told him it's his effort that's going to do it; I can't do it for him.

-- <handsignaturevector.jpg>

* * * Cheryl * *

* ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ Gryffin's Tail Blog

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

CHRISTIE GRAVATT wrote:

Guest guest

Thank you I will research itSent from my iPhone

DDAVP could help; my son hadn't wet the bed in yrs,and has not since he started on this-he takes a small amt: 0.2mg, and it was prescribed by his dr..~ Marilyn

Be encouraging, try to find solutions together, and work as a team. If he feels like you are just trying things because you don't want him to pee the bed, he'll feel ashamed of himself. Let him know you aren't ashamed of him, it's normal, and if he wants help to not do it, you'll help and work through it with him. Show him the different options he choose from. The wee alarm that goes off if there's a drop of wetness on it that wakes you to stop yourself; just setting a wake up and go pee alarm (start at 10PM and 2AM, and then drop to just 2AM, and then drop altogether - ABA extinction at its finest!); not drinking anything an hour before bed, etc. Make sure he goes pee before bed every night.

-- <handsignaturevector.jpg>

* * * Cheryl * *

* ~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ Gryffin's Tail Blog

~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

CHRISTIE GRAVATT wrote: