RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

too much MB12?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,Does anyone know how I can find out if my son is taking too much MB12? I have asked several biomed drs. who all have thought the amounts are fine. He is taking the shots every third day (1600mcg) and 1000mcg by mouth every day. He has CFD and is taking 500mcg of leucovorin per day. It has been two years since my son started and I remember it making him hyper (but was told this is "normal" and would wear off). Now I am starting to take a closer look at his supplements to see if maybe I missed something especially back in the early days of biomed. He doesn't tolerate alot of supplements because of CBS mutation, PANDAS/PANS and tummy issues. I also recently googled side effects of too much B12 and thought maybe this is adding to his

problems.I know I can stop them to see what happens but not sure if I should stop completely because of the leucovorin and CFD. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!thanks,

Guest guest

- What other methylation support are you using? I admit that I'm not good with doses, but I'm confused as to why you are taking the oral and the shots? I know for us, we just did the shots and then eventually switched things up. But, we did not need to add in extra oral mb-12 and we have a pretty ugly methylation profile.We also have CF ab's and MTHFR, etc. We eventually switched to hydroxy b-12 and this was a good thing for us. I know also, that as we removed toxins etc methylation function shifted. We no longer needed the shots. So, while the dose may not be off, he may just not need the shots or may not meed as much support anymore.HTHRuthP.S. I added you to the FB group.

Hi All,Does anyone know how I can find out if my son is taking too much MB12? I have asked several biomed drs. who all have thought the amounts are fine. He is taking the shots every third day (1600mcg) and 1000mcg by mouth every day. He has CFD and is taking 500mcg of leucovorin per day. It has been two years since my son started and I remember it making him hyper (but was told this is "normal" and would wear off). Now I am starting to take a closer look at his supplements to see if maybe I missed something especially back in the early days of biomed. He doesn't tolerate alot of supplements because of CBS mutation, PANDAS/PANS and tummy issues. I also recently googled side effects of too much B12 and thought maybe this is adding to his

problems.I know I can stop them to see what happens but not sure if I should stop completely because of the leucovorin and CFD. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!thanks,

Guest guest

Thanks Ruth! Why both? good question. That was recommended way back when. I am thinking I will drop the shots soon and go with just the drops to see what happens. Our yasko report did recommend lots of b12 (hydroxy too) though. Still my gut is going with drop the shots to see what happens but just not sure how this affects Cfd and leucovirin. Thanks for adding me to the pandas/pans group!!Sent from my iPhone

- What other methylation support are you using? I admit that I'm not good with doses, but I'm confused as to why you are taking the oral and the shots? I know for us, we just did the shots and then eventually switched things up. But, we did not need to add in extra oral mb-12 and we have a pretty ugly methylation profile.We also have CF ab's and MTHFR, etc. We eventually switched to hydroxy b-12 and this was a good thing for us. I know also, that as we removed toxins etc methylation function shifted. We no longer needed the shots. So, while the dose may not be off, he may just not need the shots or may not meed as much support anymore.HTHRuthP.S. I added you to the FB group.

Guest guest

If it was too much,his urine would be pink or pinkish color.I found by mistake I made that given mb 12 +folinic acid shots every day are much better then every other day or every third day.My dd does not have the side effects on every day schedule.Natasha.Sent from my iPad